Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

View Poll Results: Have you encountered plugin latency playback issues in Reaper on native Linux v5.95 ?
Yes 1 25.00%
No 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
DreamScatter
Human being with feelings

Default Latency for vst plugins on linux

Greetings, I have been a user of Reaper on Linux using wine for many years already; and now I also started using the native Linux version of Reaper also. This is my first time posting on the forum and I'd like to report my initial experiences with running Reaper native on Linux.

Thank you so much for Reaper on Linux, this is really fantastic!

I will get straight to the point that immediately concerns me: Consider the plugin FabFilter Pro-Q 2 running using LinVst (with wine installed) in the native Linux version of Reaper. It works, except for an issue with delay compensation when the project is loaded.

Specifically, the Pro-Q 2 plugin has the setting for Linear Phase (Max) enabled, which greatly increases the plugin latency time. When the project file is reloaded in Reaper and playback of the project is initiated, the timing of the tracks with the plugins is off due to the unaccounted plugin latency. This can be easily fixed within the session by selecting the Zero Latency mode in the Pro-Q 2 plugin and then selecting the Linear Phase high latency mode again afterwards.

In other words, it seems that the latency option needs to be toggled off and on again for Reaper on native Linux to provide the correct latency compensation. Can anyone else reproduce this issue, perhaps with other plugins too? Is this something that is going to be fixed on the next release?
DreamScatter is offline   Reply With Quote