Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #41
Crowzilla
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
We are getting closer and closer!

http://b.link/mrelwood_AmpEra_0v91b

- Polished auto-volumes
- Polished some sounds a bit
- Tweaked the blend amp sounds (~ '80, ~ '00)
- Fixed mouse wheel direction
- Fixed jumping output level

I've been playing with the 0.91 version now for some time and these are some of the things I've noticed thus far.

With the same settings I had in the previous version I noticed that 0.91 is quite a bit louder. There is over 3 db and closer to 4 db difference between the two versions. This is not really a problem but might make it a bit more challenging to compare this version's sounds to the previous one. But I could still quite easily dial in the sound I liked, so the essence of the amp is still in the same ballpark that in the previous version.

I noticed that the eq section seems to have more low end now and the overall sound is like you said more refined/polished. At first I wasn't sure if I liked some of the change I perceived in the sound, but after I played it more and made my own IR to suite the sound I was after, I think the changes work just fine.

There might be a bug still in the era selector. The amp was totally silent when I first loaded it in. (I dialed in the same settings that I had in the previous version) The sound came on only when I moved the era slider. The volume stayed the same though, so the volume jump problem seems to be gone.

I had one time when I had both versions 0.90 and 0.91 open at the same time (the gui on the screen) and I turned off all the processing from the guitar chain (both versions were in the same chain) and minimized Reaper. When I maximized the Reaper screen again and turned on the 0.90 version first the volume was doubled, I know that this was a bug in that version in some instances, but when I turned on the 0.91 the same happened and I had to move the era slider to get it back to its original volume. I tried to recreate this jump in volume in many ways, but it never happened again, so just in case I report it here if it might happen to someone else and they know exactly what they were doing when it happened.

Cheers.
Crowzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:11 AM   #42
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasrofficial View Post
Did you maybe want us to do a post about this beta and direct some more beta testers your way? We have plenty of Reaper of users that follow the page.
That would be magnificent! I’m putting version 0.92 out later today, and extra testers would definitely be extremely useful! I haven’t been getting at all too much beta feedback lately.

I was also thinking that if AmpEra is going to be reviewed at your site, it would be beneficial to everybody if the reviewer would review a beta version and give feedback on his/her findings so I could fix any issues before the actual review is published. That way the review that will remain would better reflect the final version of AmpEra.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:18 AM   #43
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzilla View Post
when I turned on the 0.91 the same happened and I had to move the era slider to get it back to its original volume. I tried to recreate this jump in volume in many ways, but it never happened again, so just in case I report it here if it might happen to someone else and they know exactly what they were doing when it happened.
Today when comparing 0.91 to 0.92, I also got the same issue on 0.91. Luckily the code optimizations on 0.92 seem to have solved the issue, as I got no volume jumps on 0.92. Check in later today to download the new version, with yet a bit lower CPU usage and roomier GUI!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 AM   #44
mrelwood

I should stop saying exactly when the next version will be available... There's always something to be tweaked.

http://b.link/mrelwood_AmpEra_0v92b

- Yet a bit lower CPU usage
- Slightly roomier and brighter GUI
- Added 125% GUI option
- Clearer draggable buttons
- UI polishing
- Polishing of auto-volume levels and 50% speaker sounds

The only thing in my todo-list is polishing of speaker-bypassed sounds. You are welcome to add more!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #45
Crowzilla

Quote:
I should stop saying exactly when the next version will be available... There's always something to be tweaked.

http://b.link/mrelwood_AmpEra_0v92b

- Yet a bit lower CPU usage
- Slightly roomier and brighter GUI
- Added 125% GUI option
- Clearer draggable buttons
- UI polishing
- Polishing of auto-volume levels and 50% speaker sounds

The only thing in my todo-list is polishing of speaker-bypassed sounds. You are welcome to add more!
Thank you again for this new version.

My thoughts and experiences thus far,

- I like the brighter GUI and the slider knobs being lighter too, it seems to be easier on the eyes.

- A lower CPU usage is always a plus, though it was already really good at saving those precious CPU cycles.

- There has been no hiccups or things of that nature to report, other than that it's working great.

Now that I have all four different models 0.83, 0.90, 0.91 and 0.92 in my chain I have compared them quite extensively (maybe not 0.83 as much since it is not as usable with an outside IR) and I have to say that I like all of them a lot.

My favourite eq section is still in the 0.90 beta, though it was beefed up in the next version. (and seems to be the same in the latest too) It (0.90) had a rawness that simply made it extra easy to dial in a super aggressive tones. The 0.91 beta's all around beefier eq sounds good too, but I noticed that I had a bit more difficulty to make it as aggressive/tight as the previous version. But then again I really liked how clean I could get it on the modern settings and the eq really complimented those sounds.

So I liked the newer eq for the cleans and the older for the really over the top stuff. (the 0.90 beta has probably my favorite eq section of any amp sim that I've tried for the heavy stuff.)

So if there are still things to be added in to AmpEra I was just thinking would it be possible or hard to implement to have them both in the same amp? "The legacy destroyer mode", if you will, so you could switch between the two different eq sections and the eq would behave differently according to what mode you would choose? For example I would probably use the "legacy 0.90" for the heavy stuff and the newer for the cleaner stuff + for some of the sounds needing less gain and it would be the best of both worlds then. But having said this I am already really happy with the latest version and am just thinking out loud.

It was interesting to hear that you are going to polish the speaker-bypassed sounds in the coming version/s. They sound already really good so this should be really interesting. Cheers.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:23 PM   #46
mrelwood

Thank you @Crowzilla! I wasn’t expecting to hear that an earlier beta would be preferred in any way. I don’t recall doing much else to the EQ section than to make the pot ranges more uniform. I will check closely what it is that warrants a rougher sound on the 0.90.

Two questions though, did you compare only the sounds with the internal speakers bypassed? And at what Era and Speaker settings do you find the negative change to be most prominent?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2019, 02:35 AM   #47
Crowzilla

Quote:
Thank you @Crowzilla! I wasn’t expecting to hear that an earlier beta would be preferred in any way. I don’t recall doing much else to the EQ section than to make the pot ranges more uniform. I will check closely what it is that warrants a rougher sound on the 0.90.

Two questions though, did you compare only the sounds with the internal speakers bypassed? And at what Era and Speaker settings do you find the negative change to be most prominent?

Thanks!
Yes, I've not used the internal IR since the 0.90, so all the changes I've heard have been with my own IR which I made specifically to suite AmpEra. The IR was made with the amp having all of its eq dials at noon. Then I could monitor the changes in the versions by setting any of the versions to the same settings and comparing.

I would not say the change in the newer versions is a negative one, but it is noticeable. The most amount of change I noticed was in the most modern setting (the era slider at 10) and then using a lot of gain. Now I boost the amp always when I use a high gain sound, so it could also be that the different versions of AmpEra react a bit differently to being boosted. I did find that I could get with the new 0.92 really nice heavy sounds by boosting it with only a few eq bands, so I am not saying that the newer versions are somehow totally different, but that there is a definite difference.

The eq behaviour change I perceived was that the newer versions had almost like a more broad shelf boosting the low end which seemed to reach to the low mid area, while the older version had a more “peaky type of eq”, which would allow it to be boosted/cut quite severely without affecting so much the surrounding areas. This meant that with the newer version I had to be more reserved when dialing in the sound. The low end seemed to be big and you could easily go overboard, but then again it served the cleaner sounds nicely. In any case it is a great amp. Cheers.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #48
mrelwood

Ok, I see. The ”preliminary support” for speakerless sounds means that I only copied the sound profiles over from the speakered side. Further polishing of sounds has changed mostly the speakered sounds, but some changes may have reflected on the speakerless sounds as well.

However, the fact that you liked the speakerless 0.90 the best is an important piece of info, and valuable feedback. I will surely keep it in mind while working through the speakerless sounds!
Old 07-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #49
Crowzilla

Quote:
Ok, I see. The ”preliminary support” for speakerless sounds means that I only copied the sound profiles over from the speakered side. Further polishing of sounds has changed mostly the speakered sounds, but some changes may have reflected on the speakerless sounds as well.

However, the fact that you liked the speakerless 0.90 the best is an important piece of info, and valuable feedback. I will surely keep it in mind while working through the speakerless sounds!
Yes, the explanation of,"Further polishing of sounds has changed mostly the speakered sounds, but some changes may have reflected on the speakerless sounds as well" makes perfect sense to me. There's bound to be some changes that might then react a bit differently with some outside IR compared to the AmpEra's own speaker section, which has the fine tuning for that profile already. I'd say it is fascinating stuff.

And thank you for considering the feedback. Now that I've played a lot with the 0.92 version with a nice IR I made for it, I can say that it sounds just beautiful too. AmpEra simply works. Cheers.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #50
Fabian

Playing around with the 0.92b, I found a strange thing that I initially blamed on ReaGate, please see here https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....96#post2164796

Testing more, I now believe that it is AmpEra that sometimes cuts off the initial transient. If I disable AmpEra and just listen to the clean guitar through ReaGate (or any gate), the transients are all there. Adding AmpEra I get the cut off initial transient. And this is with these settings:

I really like the sound it can make, but this issue is a show-stopper for me. If there is anything I can do to help hunt down the issue, let me know.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #51
Fabian

Sorry to over-emphasize my point, but I really like the tone I can get out of AmpEra, and it would be great if the issue of it cutting off the initial transients could be fixed.

I generated a sawtooth input to illustrate what goes on, and it can be seen here:

At the top is the sawtooth input to AmpEra, and at the bottom is the recorded output of AmpEra. As can be seen, the initial +12 dB sawtooth signal is not output by AmpEra. This is 6438 samples as measured by the time selection. And those samples are not delayed, they are simply cut off from the output.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #52
Stringer

Does this happen only at the beginning of a track or at the beginning of a phrase after some silence? Or under some other conditions?

I also like this plug a lot, but I haven't done any recording with it yet so I haven't experienced this yet.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #53
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Does this happen only at the beginning of a track or at the beginning of a phrase after some silence? Or under some other conditions?

I also like this plug a lot, but I haven't done any recording with it yet so I haven't experienced this yet.
It happens only with the first phrase after play, even when the play cursor is in the middle of a project, so not only at the beginning of a track. But once that first part of the output is cut off, things seem to work fine for the rest of the play, even with parts of silence on the track (I've tested with 20 seconds silence).

It is strange that it seems no-one else has noticed this. But maybe it is only me that record clean guitar and send it to the amp inside the box?
Old 08-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #54
Goldreap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
It happens only with the first phrase after play, even when the play cursor is in the middle of a project, so not only at the beginning of a track. But once that first part of the output is cut off, things seem to work fine for the rest of the play, even with parts of silence on the track (I've tested with 20 seconds silence).

It is strange that it seems no-one else has noticed this. But maybe it is only me that record clean guitar and send it to the amp inside the box?
I hear what you mean.
Is it perhaps that the plugin is not reporting its needed PDC to REAPER properly (or at all)?
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #55
Fabian

I just did some more experimenting...

I feed AmpEra denormalizing pink noise at -96dB. If I hit play, the initial transient of the clean guitar is cut off. When I stop, I can now hear the pink noise amplified by AmpEra, it comes out around -50 dB, but after a few seconds (3 or so) that amplified noise disappears. If I hit play again after the amplified noise has disappeared, the initial transient of the clean guitar is cut off.

However, if I hit play before the amplified noise goes away, the initial transient of the guitar is not cut off.

I hoped that the denormalizing noise at -96dB (or even lower) would keep AmpEra "awake", so as not to cut off the initial transient, but this does not work. But... I can put the noise at -90dB, and then put AmpEra's gate at 0.1. This removes the noise from AmpEra's output, and it seems to partly fix the issue with the cut off initial transient. With this setup, the cut off of the initial transient only happens if playback is started directly at that transient, which might be acceptable.

So, until this issue is fixed, this is my setup:
Pink noise at -90dB
AmpEra's gate at 0.1
This seems to keep AmpEra "awake" enough to not cut off the initial transient.

EDIT: Nope, didn't really work. I just now froze the guitar tracks with this setup and the initial transients get cut off...

Last edited by Fabian; 08-05-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #56
Stringer

On his website he says that he got into writing plugins because health problems prevented him from working. I hope he's ok.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #57
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
I just did some more experimenting...

I feed AmpEra denormalizing pink noise at -96dB. If I hit play, the initial transient of the clean guitar is cut off. When I stop, I can now hear the pink noise amplified by AmpEra, it comes out around -50 dB, but after a few seconds (3 or so) that amplified noise disappears. If I hit play again after the amplified noise has disappeared, the initial transient of the clean guitar is cut off.
That was a brilliant test you made, and I’m pretty sure I already know what the issue is. The plugin enters a sort of a sleep mode when the input is under a certain limit. I agree, cutting off the beginning like that is not acceptable, so the behaviour has to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
On his website he says that he got into writing plugins because health problems prevented him from working. I hope he's ok.
Thank you Stringer! This has been a challenging summer for me healthwise, no way around that. But things should now have turned for the better. However, I’m still playing a bit of a catch up on a few things I do, AmpEra being one of them. I actually need to do a remix on an older project, and after adding AmpEra for the guitars, I realized that I was missing a...

Bass Amp!

Public beta of BAMP opening up any day now!

Notable features:
- Two parallel channels (Clean/Crunch and Drive) with a blend slider.
- Includes eight tuned speaker impulses, can be turned off as well.
- Separate 1-knob compressors and extensive EQs with high-pass and low-pass filters for both channels.
- Tweeter level adjustment separate for both channels!
- A few selectable distortion modes for the Drive channel, and Clean/Crunch for the first channel.

Last edited by mrelwood; 08-06-2019 at 08:21 PM.
mrelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #58
Stringer

Glad you are doing a little better! I know with a chronic illness there are bad days and better days and you have to keep a positive mindset going.

I'm looking forward to the bass amp!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #59
Jeffsounds

Glad you're feeling better and I, too am looking forward to the BAMP!!!!
Old 08-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #60
Fabian

Thanks mrelwood. And I'm glad you are getting better.

I'm really looking forward to your BassAmp. Judging from the tone I can get out of AmpEra with my cheap Cort guitar, the BassAmp should be a killer!

Sleep mode... yes, I thought it was something like that. Good to know that you are now on to fixing that. AmpEra will be an invaluable tool, for sure.

Thanks a lot for your work.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #61
sightlessness

So far looks nice, but when I open the plugin the Windows 10 wrapper window or whatevr you call it, wrapping the plugin is less narrow than the actual plugin and doesn't
resize if I change within the GUI the scaling.

Era slider is pretty neat

Haven't tried it out yet with my guitar, though.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #62
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
So far looks nice, but when I open the plugin the Windows 10 wrapper window or whatevr you call it, wrapping the plugin is less narrow than the actual plugin and doesn't
Could you take a screenshot of the issue, and I’ll see if I can do something about it.
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #63
sightlessness

Quote:
Could you take a screenshot of the issue, and I’ll see if I can do something about it.
Thanks!
Will do, thanks .
Old 08-09-2019, 05:04 AM   #64
Fabian

Quote:
<snip>
I see the exact same thing:

The gfx window is apparently too narrow for the scaled png (and too tall).
Old 08-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #65
mrelwood

If I understand the issue correctly, you have to manually resize the window to fit the plugin size?

I had forgotten to increase the default window width request when making the UI wider, so the default width should be wider from now on. But the height request is already the correct size, and Reaper bypasses the request, perhaps to reach its designed minimums. The plugin itself can’t control the window size. That means that when scaling any JS plugin, the window size must be resized manually. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #66
Fabian

Quote:
If I understand the issue correctly, you have to manually resize the window to fit the plugin size?
Yes.

Quote:
I had forgotten to increase the default window width request when making the UI wider, so the default width should be wider from now on. But the height request is already the correct size, and Reaper bypasses the request, perhaps to reach its designed minimums. The plugin itself can’t control the window size. That means that when scaling any JS plugin, the window size must be resized manually. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.
I experimented a little, and setting the window width to 490 seems perfect (for 100% scaling). And you are right, of course, teh height seems to be set by Reaper to some minimal, not a big deal.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #67
sightlessness

Height is correct but width not with beta 0v92b.

If this cannot be fixed because of Reaper, could you make an alternate version
where it has a fixed width for 100% scaling? I don't need to scale higher than 100%.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #68
mrelwood

Quote:
Height is correct but width not with beta 0v92b.

If this cannot be fixed because of Reaper, could you make an alternate version
where it has a fixed width for 100% scaling? I don't need to scale higher than 100%.
I have corrected the width for the next version. I will also fix the sleep mode before publishing the next beta. Shouldn’t take long.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #69
mrelwood

Hi guys!

Sorry for the radio silence. I’ve hit a few slightly large hurdles on the coding of the BAMP, and have struggled in getting it to a stage that could be published. I have worked on the AmpEra as well, but I’ve wasted a lot of time trying to get new core code elements to work. I’ve decided to give up on them for now.

I have alo decided that once I get the sound signatures and the volume levels in order for the AmpEra 0.93, I will let it go 1.0 relatively fast. My tendency to over-polish must step aside for this, as it needlessly delays the publishing schedule.

AmpEra 0.93 already has for example:
- Improved master limiter at -3 - 0dB
- Improved ”tube touch” on input stage, most notable on clean sounds
- More natural sounds, especially the overdriven ones
- smaller polishes on plugin visuals and usability

Stay tuned!

All the best,

- mrelwood
Old 10-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #70
Crowzilla

KVR Audio Readers' Choice Awards 2019 is going on right now and they have a category for guitar processors - in their own words,

"Favorite Guitar Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite processor specifically for guitar."

I tried to find AmpEra from the database, where you choose the product or developer for that category and MrElwood and Ampera are not there.

They suggested that if you want to nominate something other than what is found in their database, contact the developer and if he/she wants, they can be added to their Database.

I thought that I would make a post in this AmpEra thread instead of contacting Mrelwood directly, so that other people could also see and realize that these plugins really should be known throughout every forum and every database.

Personally I would've nominated Mrelwood plugins in the favorite developer section also, but alas, now I have to go with ToneBoosters, which makes good stuff too.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #71
JamesPeters

There's no category there suitable for JS plugins since they're Reaper-specific.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #72
Crowzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
There's no category there suitable for JS plugins since they're Reaper-specific.
Not true, there are plenty of categories where MrElwood would fit just fine, for example, (This is straight from their page)

Favorite Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite effects processor of any kind.

Favorite Developer
Any developer for any reason.

Favorite Audio Software
Your favorite audio software of any kind...

Favorite Dynamics Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite dynamic effect processor (e.g compressor, gate, enhancer, etc.)

Favorite Mastering Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite processor on the Mastering bus

Favorite Guitar Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite processor specifically for guitar.

So one could easily choose/nominate MrElwood and his creations in any of these categories and it would be absolutely fine as per their rules - now it can't be done, simply because the plugins and MrElwood can't be found in their database, which is a crying shame.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #73
JamesPeters

Check all the categories of KVR in general for plugins. Not for the contest, but just in how you'd search KVR for plugins in their database. There is no JSfx.

Do you honestly think in their contest that they're trying to include a plugin format that's exclusive to Reaper which isn't in their own database. You're trying to slide this in as a technicality. Go for it if you want, but I don't think it's going to be very helpful. If they choose to add JSfx as a category on their site, that's different. I doubt they would though. Think about what that would mean in various regards for their site. Consider the number of JS plugins, as a start.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #74
Crowzilla

Quote:
Check all the categories of KVR in general for plugins. Not for the contest, but just in how you'd search KVR for plugins in their database. There is no JSfx.

Do you honestly think in their contest that they're trying to include a plugin format that's exclusive to Reaper which isn't in their own database. You're trying to slide this in as a technicality. Go for it if you want, but I don't think it's going to be very helpful. If they choose to add JSfx as a category on their site, that's different. I doubt they would though. Think about what that would mean in various regards for their site. Consider the number of JS plugins, as a start.
I think you did not read carefully what they said about their rules so it is worth repeating.

Favorite Virtual Effect Processor
YOUR FAVORITE EFFECTS PROCESSOR OF ANY KIND.

Favorite Developer
ANY DEVELOPER FOR ANY REASON.

Favorite Audio Software
YOUR FAVORITE AUDIO SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND...

Favorite Dynamics Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite dynamic effect processor (e.g compressor, gate, enhancer, etc.)

Favorite Mastering Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite processor on the Mastering bus

Favorite Guitar Virtual Effect Processor
Your favorite processor specifically for guitar.

Now one must realize that people are going to nominate things like Reaktor and Kontakt etc. which have their own "js plugins" and it is just as permissible than to nominate MrElwood or any other plugin developer EVER, as long as they can be found in their database - if they are there you can choose them and you can do it for any reason you like.

I for one would like to nominate a few of these JS plugins, because they have been immensely helpful to me, (when things like Ozone, Neutron etc. have not really been that great) but I think MrElwood himself only can inform KVR of his plugins and we can not do it for him - such is the world of plugins and their wonders.

So I for one would think that it would be really helpful to all people to hear about these plugins and yes, some of those plugins work also with the ReaJs plugin, so you could use them in any VST compatible DAW of your choice. Cheers.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:52 PM   #75
Crowzilla

Quote:
Lol I don't know why you're arguing. Again, go ahead. Just consider what they meant when they wrote that. You're making it sound as though they want everything/anything entered. I don't think that's the case, for reasons I mentioned which make sense. You do realize on their site they have multiple categories of plugins and hosts. So when they say "any" this or that, they might be assuming it's one of the plugin/host types they do have in their database. I doubt they're expecting JS plugins, since they don't have them in their database at all.

Supporting people such as MrElwood is something I'm in favor of, so don't think that I'm against this. I just don't think this is going to help. Even if by some chance a JS plugin gets an award, how will that work if the site doesn't even have a provision for JS effects to be listed.

You might want to ask them if they're willing to add the JS effect category, explaining that it's Reaper-specific plugins (can't be used in any other DAW). There are some exceptions, those being JS plugins which will work in the ReaJS plugin (a VST plugin that can load JS plugins "wrapped", so they can be used in other DAWs). Unfortunately ReaJS hasn't been updated in years, but JS has. Some of the later JS plugins, including MrElwood plugins as far as I know, rely on newer features of JS which make them impossible to use in the current ReaJS "wrapper" plugin. Even so, JS plugins relying on a Cockos VST plugin to be used in a DAW (even though it's free), might not be something they care about.

Again I think you are not paying attention. I've already explained that KVR itself has stated that they are willing to ADD new plugins and developers, if they are not on their list and this SO THAT YOU COULD NOMINATE THEM IN THIS POLL. Thus this would be the time for Mrelwood or any other developer to do so.

And again I've said a few times already that I can not do it, nor can anyone else but Mrelwood only. (or any other developer who wants to showcase his/her plugins/work). What we can do is to make the developer aware of this and if he/she so chooses they can then contact KVR who are willing to include whatever they have done, yes even the JSfx just like any other non VST format plugin on their list.

What comes to your argument of "no JSfx are going to win, so it is not going to be helpful", I must simply disagree. If one were to make his/her work known only if it could win some "thing" right away, then there would be no advertising, I mean why bother?

My simple point, which I have tried to make these few times already, is that it would be beneficial for people to be aware of the power of these plugins and the JSfx format in general and when a place like KVR are offering a good time to do so, why not do it then and not two months from now or at any time when no poll/competition takes place and people are not paying attention to such things?

Lastly I already told you that some of the plugins work in the Reajs wrapper not all of them. For example I use Mrelwood KickbAss as a VST plugin and it works just fine and has been a great help to me. My point is that I would like to offer this knowledge to others at a time, when it will have a higher likelyhood to be heard - and who knows some people might even turn to try reaper out, when they discover the rich JSfx list and the possibility to make their own FX too.

I think I've now written about what the KVR poll states enough times, so let's drop this and move on. If there is still some confusion you can check the KVR site for more details.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #76
JamesPeters

Sorry, I don't think I paid attention. Could you tell me what the rules are?
Old 10-11-2019, 02:51 AM   #77
Crowzilla

Quote:
Sorry, I don't think I paid attention. Could you tell me what the rules are?

No worries, here's from their page.

"KVR Audio Readers' Choice Awards 2019
Welcome to the KVR Audio Readers' Choice Awards 2019 Nominations.

For the first couple of weeks any KVR member can nominate their favorite product (or developer where appropriate) in each category. We will then switch to the voting stage where every KVR member can choose their preference from the shortlist in each category.

All categories are optional. If your nomination didn't make it to the shortlist you will be able to make a selection from those that did.

NOTE: If the product you wish to nominate isn't in the KVR database yet please contact the developer and ask them to add it!"

If this would mean that only the existing plugin developers etc. in their database could add new products to the list, it would be quite redundant, simply because you can nominate just the developer for any reason whatsoever and not even his/her plugins - people like Mrelwood would surely fit in there as well as many other ingenious Reaperites. I think this would be a good time for them to get some well deserved attention. Cheers.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 AM   #78
JamesPeters

Sorry, I don't think I read clearly enough what the rules are, so it is worth repeating.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #79
mrelwood

Ok ok, guys. I just applied as a plugin developer for KVR. Let’s see if I get a second vote as well!

More importantly, I have been working on, reworking, tuning, finetuning and refinetuning the AnpEra for the last two months for what feels like 23 hrs a day, 6.5 days a week. Up to a point that once it gets published as 1.0 I will likely go mad and be thrown in the comfiest of rooms...

But luckily we are (or I am) not there just yet. Instead, once I get it wrapped up, I will FINALLY release the next AmpEra Beta, which to my ears is at a new level in sound quality and responsiveness.

Still a beta though, since I will still have to test the plugin thoroughly with a few other guitars, as well as a few headphones. But I will absolutely limit the further changes to just minor tweaks, otherwise I might fall in the rabbit hole again for no reason.

So stay tuned, guys!
Old 10-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #80
Crowzilla

Quote:
Ok ok, guys. I just applied as a plugin developer for KVR. Let’s see if I get a second vote as well!

More importantly, I have been working on, reworking, tuning, finetuning and refinetuning the AnpEra for the last two months for what feels like 23 hrs a day, 6.5 days a week. Up to a point that once it gets published as 1.0 I will likely go mad and be thrown in the comfiest of rooms...

But luckily we are (or I am) not there just yet. Instead, once I get it wrapped up, I will FINALLY release the next AmpEra Beta, which to my ears is at a new level in sound quality and responsiveness.

Still a beta though, since I will still have to test the plugin thoroughly with a few other guitars, as well as a few headphones. But I will absolutely limit the further changes to just minor tweaks, otherwise I might fall in the rabbit hole again for no reason.

So stay tuned, guys!
That's great, you will surely get my vote (and hopefully many others) in many of those categories and deservedly so, I might add - and I'm sure that being in the KVR database will also direct some traffic to your website.

I tested the KVR page and they still did not have you listed, but it might take a few days and then....

The AmpEra news is also great. It has been the only Amp(sim) that I've used ever since it came out and I think it might end up being the only one that I keep on using. So it definitely is something unique in my book - if it gets even better, it might become hazardous and not just to the overworked health of its creator, but for us users too for being too addictive. One must be careful these days.

My friend was also glad to hear of your bass amp BAMP. He is not yet a reaper user, but he downloaded the program because of it - so I think your products are also bringing new people to Reaper and that is not something that can be said of many other products.

Cheers and thanks!!