Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default Similar to FL Studio's X-Y-Z Controller?

Hi,

Is there a native X-Y-Z controller in Reaper? If there is, whats the name?

FL Studios X-Y-Z Controller
https://www.image-line.com/support/f...Controller.htm
Old 06-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #2
Xenakios

No, there isn't a feature like that available in Reaper.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Is there a native X-Y-Z controller in Reaper? If there is, whats the name?
ey- well,i would not say native by default,but yes-you can make it yourself with param linking..
want to try this fxchain to see if the links are in tact?
what do you want to control? the universe,or....?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
ey- well,i would not say native by default,but yes-you can make it yourself with param linking..
want to try this fxchain to see if the links are in tact?
what do you want to control? the universe,or....?
Hehe, I saw a video on YT on epic sounding music and he used this vst to make instruments come close or far away by dragging a little ball in that vst.
So was wondering if there is something similar VST around or built in Reaper.

Thanks, I shall try this out and come back with the result. Maybe its doable with several different reverb settings.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:02 AM   #5
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
So was wondering if there is something similar VST around or built in Reaper.

aye-no problemz-- thing is-param linking wont actually work the same as that specific il tool-because that 1 also allows for envelopes--different rates/speed of inductions!
it's not much different from using a joystick tbh..if some user has mapped the appropriate control functions-- reasurround has a z function..so learning your device cc should be no probz either--unless a fault comes into play.
also using a plugin like for this controlling-audio wet/dry or outputs may need to be disabled--as it's just for control purposes.
just try midi learn for anything you want to control eh..

cheerz.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
aye-no problemz-- thing is-param linking wont actually work the same as that specific il tool-because that 1 also allows for envelopes--different rates/speed of inductions!
it's not much different from using a joystick tbh..if some user has mapped the appropriate control functions-- reasurround has a z function..so learning your device cc should be no probz either--unless a fault comes into play.
also using a plugin like for this controlling-audio wet/dry or outputs may need to be disabled--as it's just for control purposes.
just try midi learn for anything you want to control eh..

cheerz.

Thank you

I tried tour FXChain. Didnt hear any different. Loaded Reaverb and added a hall impulse small hall and one medium hall and played with wet and dry. I think I can get the sound I'm after. Maybe add some delay.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I tried tour FXChain. Didnt hear any different.

lol-the purpose of that fxchain was simply to highlight the use of parameter linking..the state variable filter just has the x/y co_ords in 1 mouse move..

i think by default them type of controllers are set to modwheel/pitch+zoom amounts..the x,y,z- it depends on what you wanted to control- as you have not responded to that question...?
what exactly are you trying to achieve anyway? a reverb effect with a midi or usb pot or fader?