Old 12-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
refuge912
Human being with feelings

Default <<SOLVED>> Turn off Layering?

Hey folks!

I'd like to be able to (what's the opposite of trim? stretch?)...stretch an item and replace multiple adjacent items. Right now, you can hover over the border of two adjacent items, get the double-sided trim cursor (which I drew in red in the screenshot), and draw over the nearest adjacent item, but not into the next item after that. Or, you can hover near the border, get the single-sided trim cursor, and drag it over as many items to the right of it as you want, but all it does is grow the item you're stretching and place it as a layer underneath the items you're dragging past. This, of course, will "layer" or compound the sound.

I've done some dynamic splitting, and now have lots of spots like this in my narration file. I want to be able to stretch item 1 to the right, removing items 2-5 as I go.

The other, longer, way to accomplish what I want is to turn off ripple editing, delete items 2-5, and then stretch item 1 to fill the space. But it would be so much easier if I didn't have to go through those extra steps.

Hope I explained this right. Basically, if I could turn off the layering feature and just have whatever I stretch over just replace the existing media, that would be amazing.

If you've got any ideas, thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-12-09 222519.jpg (50.7 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by refuge912; 12-10-2019 at 08:25 AM.
refuge912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
refuge912
Human being with feelings

I FOUND IT!!!!!

"Enable trim behind items when editing." Jackpot!!
refuge912 is offline   Reply With Quote