Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 03-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #1
g4greg
Human being with feelings

Default using Nvenc encoders for rendering (and possibly editing?) video video in reaper.;

Hi guys, I posted a similar post in the genaral forum, but it might be more appropriate here.

I edit most of my videos on Reaper. the video editor's interface is not pretty, but it's quick and editing video in reaper really speeds things up hen I dont't need tons of video effects.

I bought a new laptop that has a recent-ish video card, and when using Nvidia's NVENC encoder, render times are literally 5-6 times faster. I was wondering if it would be possible to have an NVENC option in the rendering window.
if I understand correctly, it's a Codec like any other, and it's free of charge... As long as you have An nvenc chip in your video card to take advantage of it...

Anyone has tried the Nvenc ffmpeg package? is there something I should be aware of? Even free software like handbrake and OBS use it, and it;s available for linux.. So I assume it's free to use?
Old 01-21-2024, 02:51 PM   #2
John Allsup
Human being with feelings

Bump.

Is it still not possible to have ffmpeg rendering use nvenc?