Old 05-08-2021, 05:14 PM   #721
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by siniarch View Post
Hi Geoff,

Thanks so much. I actually had a super busy day yesterday. It was the last day my worker was around to complete my studio remodel. That kept me from doing much with the controller.

But today I finally finished putting it together. Take a look.

Rather than install REAPER in my freshly installed windows desktop, I will test this CSI with my older laptop. Hope that will avoid any more delays.

The unit is looking fantastic and it feels like a tank. It's 3.8lbs but I swear it feel like 6 or 7. I'll keep you posted on what I find. (btw. I think I added my own special sound FXs when I turned it on. The unit does not make that whoosh sound. Hahahaha)

Thanks.
Looking fantastic man !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:40 PM   #722
Funkybot

Look great Luis! Very nice!
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #723
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Look great Luis! Very nice!
Thanks Funkybot.
I might be picking your brain soon regarding some Zone file setups.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:50 PM   #724
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks Funkybot.
I might be picking your brain soon regarding some Zone file setups.
Of course! I'll be happy to help however I can.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #725
siniarch

Once again I wanted to thank Geoff for all his efforts.

THE FUTURE
Today I had a wonderful conversation with him and we discussed ways to improve the communication between CSI and my controller. I think we were able to make some huge improvements. Communications for real-time adjusting values will become even more responsive than before. After today I feel much more confident on the success of future modules and their ability to have many units joined together.

NEW LED FULL COLOR BUTTONS
For those paying attention I have some other great news. Last night I received a video in which we tested the new LED buttons that were custom made for us. As you know the previous buttons only had RGB led lights that could be turned either ON or OFF. This only allowed us for 7 colors. If you wanted Full Color we had to implement a processing chip per button to handle a Pulse Wave Modulation approach. This extra chip would have forced us to increase the size of our encoder button modules and hence the size of our controller.

Thankfully with Our New Custom Made LED Button, the LED lights can take commands to achieve FULL COLOR. Therefore, I believe we have gotten past this hurdle. It feels good to be able to get all the features I wanted to provide.

This video shows the new button fading colors in and out. It doesn't seem like much but it's the difference between 7 color and thousands if not tens of thousands of colors.

INPUT FROM E24 TO REAPER
I've been testing all the MIDI messages coming from the E24 into REAPER and I'm happy to report that everything is working incredibly well. It all feels super responsive. Adjusting volume with encoders is super smooth and no issue when moving more than one encoder at the same time. Touch sensitivity is terrific. All buttons are working great. All in all, an excellent experience.

Now it's just a matter for the controller to receive FeedBack messages from REAPER. I'm sure we'll have this working shortly and I will post videos of it in action.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:06 AM   #726
Nick Morris

Are we to the point where we are certain of the final dimensions? I’m building a custom console and would prefer to have these figures to be used for flush mounting it.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:05 AM   #727
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Are we to the point where we are certain of the final dimensions? I’m building a custom console and would prefer to have these figures to be used for flush mounting it.
Hi Nick,
Yes, all dimensions are final.
I'll get something together with dimensions for you.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #728
siniarch

Sorry Nick, I know I owe you some dimensions. I will get to it today. I've schedule time for it later on in the day. Say 1-2pm or so. Sorry for the delay.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:07 AM   #729
B Elgin

That boot up video looks great, as do the colored buttons.
Any rough ETA now for the first production units?
Or a fully-functional v2.0 prototype?

Keep up the great work.
B Elgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #730
siniarch

Hi B Elgin,

Thanks for the support. As you know CSI has been getting reworked in the last few weeks so that it is more responsive and more robust. Geoff and the guys on the CSI thread have made so me huge changes under the hood and the dust is finally settling so that things are working back to normal.

Now Geoff has finally had time for me, Yay!!! I am so grateful to him to be helping in implementing my controller. We are currently sending emails back an forth getting all the functions to work with the new CSI.

The LED buttons have been mainly worked out. You'll be able to have a color on, and a color Off. So for example, the play button could be a darker green and when pressed it would become a bright green. Then at pause it would go back to dark green. So very excited about this, and why it was so important for me to push beyond the 7 color limit of those initial buttons. Thankfully the manufacturer was able to make custom buttons for me with the ability to have full color.

Now we are working on the OLEDButtons. We have Text working on them and are just finalizing different Display Types. Type 1 = 1 line of text, Type 2 = 2 lines of text, Type 3 = 3 lines of text, Type 4 = 4 lines of text and Type 5 = Symbols (this will be a future upgrade where we will have common symbols that can be displayed on the screen. Such as Play, Pause, Record, Stop, etc...)

Next, we'll verify that we have the Encoder OLED screens working. I'm thinking we will get to it today at some point, but we are also changing the way that values are communicated to the controller. Rather than SysEx, we will be switching the VALUE ONLY to CC MIDI messages so that they can be transmitted faster and with less overhead. This means that Volume Meters, and such will be very responsive. I still need to have my firmware guy implement this, but shouldn't take too long once I tell him how we will be doing it. Geoff and I will discuss today.

Then the RingLEDs will be worked on and finally the Main OLED screens. The rings are more complicated, but the Main OLED screens will be very basic. I'm hoping we can have all this working by the end of the week. Which means I will have some test Zone files and film some demos videos on the weekend. Once I have videos of the controller fully working, then I feel confident to take orders.

I have over 20 people on the list. The first 10 will have a $950 price and the next 10 were supposed to get a $1050 price. But when I place the first order I might extend the $1050 price to all those after the first 10 that place the order in the same batch. I hope that makes sense.

I do have one person that already placed an order and paid in advance. (you know who you are) and I am grateful that he placed his trust in me prior to seeing the unit fully functional. I don't take that amount of trust in me lightly and I'm really appreciative of him. His money is sitting pretty in the bank waiting to place the order for the batch.

Again, thanks for your support and interest in my little project.
Old 05-27-2021, 07:13 AM   #731
andyp24

I'm excited to see the videos of the prototype up and running when you have things sorted.

Good luck with the next steps Luis :-)
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #732
Funkybot

Very cool Luis! Looking forward to this. Good luck with next steps!
Old 06-15-2021, 01:46 AM   #733
drumsareme

Default SiniCon E24

Hi Again Luis.

Is there anyway to get an idea of how deep the Controller will go with Reaper ? Will you have a manual to detail the fine details of DAW Control ?

Also, what time frame would there be once first batch of orders are complete before we can order fader units with the E24 ? ;-)

Im looking to make a significant investment for a full Reaper Controller setup.

Thanks much

Nathan
drumsareme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:00 AM   #734
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsareme View Post
Hi Again Luis.

Is there anyway to get an idea of how deep the Controller will go with Reaper ? Will you have a manual to detail the fine details of DAW Control ?

Also, what time frame would there be once first batch of orders are complete before we can order fader units with the E24 ? ;-)

Im looking to make a significant investment for a full Reaper Controller setup.

Thanks much

Nathan
Hi Nathan,

First let me thank you for your interest. Let me try to answer your questions.

How deep will the controller go with REAPER, well, it will only be limited by CSI and REAPER itself. And I believe nothing on the market will be able to provide the same functionality inside of REAPER. Keep in mind that I have never operated one of those $100,000+ controllers but from my discussions with people that know more how they behave I have heard that this will be rivaling and in some instances will have more functionality. I'm sure with some respects it might not have as much. This may be alleviated with a tablet and OSC added to the CSI configuration. I will certainly investigate this as I am planning on a larger console setup.

As for a manual, I will certainly be creating one. So far just for developing purposes I have over 45 pages of documents. You have to remember that my developing engineer is remote, so I've had to document and explain things. Luckily for me, English is not always my strong suit, therefore I tend to speak and communicate in simple terms which helps with the language barrier.

Regarding the details of DAW control, keep in mind that CSI is what will be controlling the DAW and it is very capable so far, and I'm sure it will also improve. I will certainly be providing fully functional CSI configuration both for the controller to handle the DAW but for many FXs. But people will also share their own configurations. More importantly, everyone will be able to configure their unit to their exact needs should they choose to do so. I think most will just use what I provide, but for those power users, this controller will be incredibly versatile.

The FADER unit (SCF8) IS next. I've been thinking about it for some time now and began discussions with the Great Geoff regarding it. The beauty of it is that ALL components other than the FADERS will be the same as the ENCODER unit. Meaning that the only development/testing other than the main CPU is the Faders and tweaking the enclosure. Certainly seems like it will be a much faster development timeline.

When I started on the Encoder unit I thought it would take me 4-6 months. And to be honest, if I didn't keep adding features and pursuing a better product/performance it would most likely have taken that long. We are about 11 months now but the unit had dramatically improved. From faster processor, to 2 methods of communicating internally to avoid bottlenecks, to touch sensitivity, to adding LED buttons to adding Buttons with OLED screens, etc... The current prototype is 100% functional and awaiting integration with CSI. If you have been following CSI, you know that it has gone a huge overhaul and it's coming out of that phase. That and after discussing with Geoff the SysEx now that the prototype is complete, we decided to reduce the Bytes per SysEx messages from 27 bytes to 15 bytes. (almost by half!!). Again, all these delays will not be an issue with the Fader unit.

Now, I'm always optimistic and like to push deadlines, so if I had to guess, I'd say that this time around the next Module would be done in less than 4 months. The only complications I could see is the power requirements of the Faders, and Sourcing the Best FADERS I can get my hands on. I was looking at faders made by MIDAS (which seem to be the best I could find) but lately I've seen that they are not stock in many stores. Therefore, I need to investigate thoroughly as I want to find a part that will be manufactured for many many years to come.

My vision is to create modular controllers for REAPER that can be fully customized and be put together to act as a large board. Controllers that allow users to focus on the sound by reducing the need to look at the screen as much as possible. Of course I will also pursue these controllers working with other DAWs, but REAPER will always get first dibs as CSI is the preferred method of communication at the moment. This will be an ecosystem that you can grow as your needs expand.

I hope I answered all your questions. If you'd like to discuss further, feel free to send me a PM and we can chat on the phone.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #735
hedgehogbrown

Quote:
Hi Nathan,

First let me thank you for your interest. Let me try to answer your questions.
do we have a rough idea of how much these will cost? will you be able to use both these and softube console hardware for example?
hedgehogbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:55 AM   #736
andyp24

Quote:
I have over 20 people on the list. The first 10 will have a $950 price and the next 10 were supposed to get a $1050 price. But when I place the first order I might extend the $1050 price to all those after the first 10 that place the order in the same batch. I hope that makes sense.
@hedgehogbrown

The above is from Siniarch a few posts back, so this should answer your query about price, as much as possible before the unit is in full production anyway and a "final price" is determined.

As for using it with Softube Console etc, the whole purpose of the CSI project is to allow different hardware units to be combined into one "meta-controller" with each piece taking over the functions it does best.

That said, there are issues with using Softube Console in CSI - you have to use it as a standard MIDI controller, rather than running the console software. Softube in their wisdom don't allow full MIDI messages to be generated from the unit in "vanilla" mode, so the control is more coarse grained than if using their software. Because of this, it's not as good an experience as you might hope.

Personally, I will be replacing a Console 1 for this reason with Siniarch's controller, and waiting for his follow up fader unit to add to the setup.

Siniarch is working closely with Geoff (owner of the CSI project) to ensure they work perfectly together, and the architecture of CSI itself has been expanded to account for the huge potential of the E24.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:36 AM   #737
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
@hedgehogbrown

The above is from Siniarch a few posts back, so this should answer your query about price, as much as possible before the unit is in full production anyway and a "final price" is determined.

As for using it with Softube Console etc, the whole purpose of the CSI project is to allow different hardware units to be combined into one "meta-controller" with each piece taking over the functions it does best.

That said, there are issues with using Softube Console in CSI - you have to use it as a standard MIDI controller, rather than running the console software. Softube in their wisdom don't allow full MIDI messages to be generated from the unit in "vanilla" mode, so the control is more coarse grained than if using their software. Because of this, it's not as good an experience as you might hope.

Personally, I will be replacing a Console 1 for this reason with Siniarch's controller, and waiting for his follow up fader unit to add to the setup.

Siniarch is working closely with Geoff (owner of the CSI project) to ensure they work perfectly together, and the architecture of CSI itself has been expanded to account for the huge potential of the E24.
Andy,
Thank you for stepping in and answering this.
Geoff is now focusing some time on integrating the SCE24 with CSI. All the hardware is functioning properly and we are optimizing for speed now. We are working on showing meters on the screen in the form of bars and want the best refresh rates on the screen so the meters are accurate and super snappy.

The LED buttons on the bottom row are now full RGB capable and I have to say that it is so nice to have more than 7 colors to display different states. The colors look fantastic.

The CSI rework for v1.1 certainly delayed things but now that it's been more or less figured out, we are trucking ahead. Its just a matter of CSI and my unit communicating properly now.

My Ring LEDs are lighting up now, but still waiting for CSI to be able to control them to show data. But its all getting there.

Thank you for your patience.
Old 07-07-2021, 04:32 AM   #738
siniarch

Default UPDATE with Preliminary Demo Video

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted. We've been busy at work finalizing the controller and integrating it with CSI.

Here is a Preliminary Demo Video showing the NEW BARS & LED RINGS Functions working. Please read further for more detail:

As you know, CSI has made some huge changes and we are fortunate enough to have Geoff also use some of his time to help us integrate our controller with this new CSI.

As far as the controller and it's physical qualities, everything is finalized and working properly. Our last prototype showed us where we can improve and the next batch of cases will have those lessons implemented into the final product. I'm talking minor things here such as adding a few screw mounts, removing others, adjusting the size of the silicon gaskets, and so on. The LED Buttons can now show Full RGB colors thanks to an LED Button custom created for us. The OLED buttons are brighter than before, and a number of improvements that have been made.

All the buttons, encoders, and inputs are working properly and are registering inside REAPER through CSI. So what we are working on now is OPTIMIZING for speed and responsiveness, and making sure the Zones we create behave as they are supposed to.

Because our controller has more screens and data than anything out there, we are exploring in unchartered waters. Meaning, Geoff is creating widgets and properties for those widgets that are specific for this controller. Things that before didn't need to be addressed, now do. And implementing these changes and taking control of all the capabilities the controller provides has taken some time.

We have the Bar Items available on our OLED screens now as per the video. These will be able to show bars in these Modes: Increase, Decrease, Pan, Width, Boost/Cut & On/Off.

We also have our LED Ring displays working and they will also show bars or meters in the same variety as the bars: Increase, Decrease, Pan, Width, Boost/Cut & On/Off.

We have our LED Ring Indicators at the bottom of the Rings. These can be altered to indicate different things. (remember, everything you see is customizable thanks to CSI)

One thing we are figuring out is the SelectedTrackFXMenu. This is a new feature in CSI and we think it's a great one. Being able to select a track and have all the FX displayed on a row of our encoders (similar to how you can show the Sends on a row of encoders) Seems terrific. Currently we are having issues where the FX Display colors are transferring to all 3 Rows of encoders instead of just the 2nd Row (Row B) But this is something that CSI will update at some point and fix the problem. Again, we are so thankful for the help we are getting from Geoff and we know he is super busy updating all of CSI and all the implementation with other controllers. So we are confident that all these kinks will be resolved, it's just a matter of time.

We will be creating a proper demo video that will most likely be a very long one so we can show more of the capabilities of the controller. Watch out for that one in the near future.

Thank you for your interest and support.
(as always, special thanks to FunkyBot and Geoff for all their help)
Old 07-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #739
EskoMastering

This is looking really great! Cant wait!

out of curiosity,
Using CSI and your controller, would it be possible to target FX parameters on Item FX chains?
This is currently a limitation with ReaLearn and OSC but seems to work with the midi learn function.
EskoMastering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #740
mequaz

WOW! Yeah im gonna need to try one of these
mequaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #741
Funkybot

Coming along nicely!
Old 07-08-2021, 01:34 AM   #742
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskoMastering View Post
This is looking really great! Cant wait!

out of curiosity,
Using CSI and your controller, would it be possible to target FX parameters on Item FX chains?
This is currently a limitation with ReaLearn and OSC but seems to work with the midi learn function.
Hi EskoMastering,
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I'm not quite sure if the unit can target Item FX Chains. That would be more a feature or limitation of CSI and not the unit and I would have to investigate, but perhaps some other folks on this thread can also chime in.

I do think that if it is not possible yet, it can be a feature that Geoff could implement given enough time and requests. I'll try and find the answer for you, but I bet some of the CSI gurus would know more than myself.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:49 AM   #743
andyp24

Really exciting to see the progress. Great work Luis and Geoff.
Old 07-08-2021, 02:09 AM   #744
siniarch

Quote:
Really exciting to see the progress. Great work Luis and Geoff.
Thank you Andy. I'm very excited as well. Our programmer is very very talented. I got really really really lucky to have found him as a less capable person would have gotten us 1/2 way and then either quit or just waisted time trying to figure things out.

Geoff did me the huge favor to look at the code my developer has written so we can tackle optimization between CSI and the SCE24 better and he confirmed that the developer writes very good code. As someone who couldn't code himself out of a 1st year project even if his life depended on it, it's good to hear that I did select the right person for the job.

I just received a new firmware for the main CPU and the Encoder Modules that made the encoders push/Spin functions respond as well when in PLAY mode as they do when in PAUSE/STOP mode. Considering we are sending meters to 8 displays and 8 LEDRings, the amount of data going through is a lot and getting the encoders to be responsive is very important under such loads. I am thrilled at the progress and I'm getting ready to do that long demo explaining all the features of the unit.

I've ordered a 3 camera system so I can better do that demo. I still have to create more Zone files to make the demo and will be calling on @Funkybot to help with that, and there are some CSI things that need to be figured out. But at this point, I feel very confident that the controller can perform with CSI as it was intended and expected and since the components are not changing at this point, I think it's time to start taking orders and making part purchase requests. While the first units are being manufactured, I can further tweak the firmware and CSI implementation. By the time the parts get to me, it should be super solid with some good templates ready to go to the customers.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:18 AM   #745
B Elgin

Demo video looks great - getting close now!

Shipping with good ready-made templates is a huge plus too, glad to hear you and Funkybot will be working on those.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one, hope things continue going smoothly with the firmware and CSI coding...
B Elgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 03:35 AM   #746
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Demo video looks great - getting close now!

Shipping with good ready-made templates is a huge plus too, glad to hear you and Funkybot will be working on those.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one, hope things continue going smoothly with the firmware and CSI coding...
Thank you B Elgin.

We will do our best to provide good templates, but also I'm thinking of creating a segment in my website where Zones can be curated so that people can share their zones for plugins. As much as I want to make Zone Templates for each and every plugin, it might be time constrictive for me and since I do not use all those plugins it might be best for those people who are very familiar with the plugin to make the best template for it.

So beside what we will provide, I'm hoping to be building many more templates through a community effort.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:38 AM   #747
Nick Morris

Default VERY excited

Looking even more awesome! My console is ready and waiting for this to slide right into the center section. Thanks for the dimensions, it made designing everything around it very easy.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #748
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Morris View Post
Looking even more awesome! My console is ready and waiting for this to slide right into the center section. Thanks for the dimensions, it made designing everything around it very easy.
Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for your support and interest. I look forward to seeing photos of the controller in the middle of your console.

I keep thinking what it will feel like to see the controller out in studios all over and watching videos of it being utilized. There will be much satisfaction for me to know that some great projects are being helped (even a little) by the use of my controller.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:34 AM   #749
andyp24

Hi Siniarch

How's it going? Any update on progress and timescales please?

Thanks
Andy
Old 07-29-2021, 10:11 AM   #750
siniarch

Quote:
Hi Siniarch

Thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,

Just a quick update as I have to run for a meeting. But, I'm filming the demo video today, tomorrow and by the end of the weekend. The controller is complete and fully functional. It's just a matter of getting the right Zones to show the functionality of the entire unit.

Thankfully, Funkybot is helping me with that.

As soon as I have the video up, I will share it here and open up the sale of the unit. So sorry for the delay.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:48 AM   #751
OLSHALOM

Quote:
Hi Siniarch

Thanks
Andy
It looks like, those Guys from the CSI-Thread do everything possible, to make this Project happen.
Thanks for that, it's great!
OLSHALOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #752
andyp24

Quote:
Hi Andy,

Just a quick update as I have to run for a meeting. But, I'm filming the demo video today, tomorrow and by the end of the weekend. The controller is complete and fully functional. It's just a matter of getting the right Zones to show the functionality of the entire unit.

Thankfully, Funkybot is helping me with that.

As soon as I have the video up, I will share it here and open up the sale of the unit. So sorry for the delay.

Please, no need to apologise. I think we'd all prefer it to be perfect than early :-)

Looking forward to the videos and getting the unit when you're ready to ship.

And then trying to remember how CSI works again :-D

Andy
Old 08-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #753
siniarch

Default Introducing the SiniCon E24 Controller Video

Hello REAPER Users,

I've finally uploaded the official INTRODUCTORY VIDEO for the SiniCon E24 Controller (SCE24).

Please take a look and comment below the video, share it with anyone that you think might be interested. I really appreciate all your support and interest. It has been a long journey but alas, we are ready to take orders.

I'll be emailing people on the waiting list soon. Look out for those emails and hopefully by the end of this coming week we'll be able to get the ball rolling on ordering the new units.

I'm very excited and want to thank everyone who has helped or commented on this thread or has shown support.

Sincerely,

SiniArch
(Luis Sinibaldi)

Last edited by siniarch; 08-08-2021 at 04:12 PM.
siniarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #754
Calaban

Wow…this thing looks incredible!

Great job! I will be watching this closely.
Calaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #755
Geoff Waddington

Looking fantastic !!!!!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:56 PM   #756
Funkybot

Great job Luis!
Old 08-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #757
siniarch

Thanks guys. Look forward to a successful launch.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:08 AM   #758
EpicSounds

hi Luis. watching the video now. You can get the chapters working by changing your intro timestamp to 00:00
Old 08-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #759
siniarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
hi Luis. watching the video now. You can get the chapters working by changing your intro timestamp to 00:00
Thanks. I'll take a look and update as necessary. I'll also make clickable links on the description as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks for watching.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:38 AM   #760
Funkybot

Luis, quick question: do the encoders have acceleration?