Old 04-27-2021, 08:12 PM   #481
TabbyCat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Currently QA2 supports only parenthesis syntax for multi-word exclusions in the REAPER filter.

Using your example, a working string would be:

Code:
 NOT ( Neutron 2 ) NOT ( Kontakt 5 )
...and you are exactly right. I was working from another user's 2016 blog where quotation marks were used - I've changed to the parenthesis syntax, and it now works beautifully. Thank you - donated!
TabbyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #482
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
...and you are exactly right. I was working from another user's 2016 blog where quotation marks were used - I've changed to the parenthesis syntax, and it now works beautifully. Thank you - donated!
Glad to hear it's working for you now and thank you too - I really appreciate it!

Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:11 PM   #483
inarisound

My apologies, I was not able to figure out one issue...

Is it possible to add new FX not as floating... I have (Auto-float new FX windows) off, yet every time I add new FX it's always floating.
My big apologies, if it's easy to spot, I tried looking at the help instructions and preferences, no luck =(
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #484
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inarisound View Post
Is it possible to add new FX not as floating...
Yes, of course - simply turn off the "Show FX window after insertion" button as shown below:

Old 06-04-2021, 02:05 AM   #485
inarisound

I'm sorry for not clarifying it properly, I still would like the plugin to be opened when I add it, but not as floating window, but to see full FX chain list.

p.s is there an option or action I could add to take off focus from the Search FX bar(aka script itself) and put focus back on TCP selected track/s after FX was added.
Reason is, I sometimes will start to tweak plugin and would like to close it using Esc and then scroll through tracks using keyboard in order to add another FX.
I do not expect you to have this option, it's very niche, but if there is a possibility to do it, I would be very happy to hear about it.

My friend recommended this script to me, I'm still in experimenting phase, but boy you did a great job Neutronic, absolutely stunning, thank you for your hard work!
Old 06-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #486
Neutronic

Quote:
I'm sorry for not clarifying it properly, I still would like the plugin to be opened when I add it, but not as floating window, but to see full FX chain list.
Ah then leave the "Show FX window ..." button on, Right-Click it and select the "Always in FX chain" option.

Quote:
p.s is there an option or action I could add to take off focus from the Search FX bar(aka script itself) and put focus back on TCP selected track/s after FX was added.
Reason is, I sometimes will start to tweak plugin and would like to close it using Esc and then scroll through tracks using keyboard in order to add another FX.
QA2 refocusing logic assumes that if you have the add-on in the "Keep the script open" mode (circular button On), you want to add multiple FX.

For those cases when you know you want to add an FX and immediately work with it, I'd suggest turning the button off. To toggle it super fast, you can press the ~ (tilde key) on your keyboard.

Quote:
My friend recommended this script to me, I'm still in experimenting phase, but boy you did a great job Neutronic, absolutely stunning, thank you for your hard work!
You're welcome, glad you like it!

Old 06-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #487
inarisound

Ahhhhh incredible !

Thank you!
Old 06-04-2021, 04:52 PM   #488
Fergler

I'm on Mac silicon, I can't get any plugins to be found except for JS plugins.
Fergler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #489
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
I'm on Mac silicon, I can't get any plugins to be found except for JS plugins.
Apple Silicon REAPER builds have some changes relevant to QA2 that will be taken care of in the next QA2 update. Meanwhile, it works as expected in x86 builds.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:19 PM   #490
Kaxaze music

Can you make it a toggle action to show/hide the quick adder window. and also it reflects its state in action list?
Kaxaze music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #491
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxaze music View Post
Can you make it a toggle action to show/hide the quick adder window.
Yes, you can do it as follows:
1. assign a shortcut to QA2 and extend the shortcut's scope to Global + Text Fields;
2. press the keystroke to launch the script and then press it again;
3. check the box in the ReaSript Task Control pop-up and click the Terminate instances button.

Quote:
and also it reflects its state in action list?
Currently it doesn't, but I will implement this in a future update.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:06 AM   #492
Kaxaze music

Quote:

Currently it doesn't, but I will implement this in a future update.
Thanks
If you need help regarding it, here's a forum that will help

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=253093
Kaxaze music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 08:48 AM   #493
Neutronic

Quote:
If you need help regarding it, here's a forum that will help [...]
No worries, I know how to do that, thanks!

Old 06-10-2021, 09:28 AM   #494
Neutronic

v2.47 is up!

What's new [full changelog]
+ support native Apple silicon REAPER builds (macOS-ARM)
+ macOS-ARM: use correct font sizes
+ macOS-ARM: scan relevant VST and AU ini files
+ report QA2 state to REAPER action list and toolbars
+ auto-adjust GUI size when moving it from non-retina to retina screen and vice versa
# fix showing results on QA2 launch (when "List all ..." is enabled)
# fix mouse cursor flicker that occurred in some cases

Old 06-24-2021, 06:59 AM   #495
mozart999uk

Hi. This is a fantastic little script. Use it all the time.

I've got a feature request to maybe reduce a mouse click:

(I've got "quick adder" as a right click option for when I click an FX slot- see attachment)

Procedure: with lice cap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhpo7o2vvq...adder.gif?dl=0

1.choose a track (e.g:guitar) but don't select it
2. right click the FX slot on that track select "quick adder" and then choose an FX
3. FX is added to the currently selected track (e.g: flute), NOT my chosen track (guitar)

Is there a way to do this with just one click?

As an example:

1. right click on an FX slot on "guitar" track without selecting it and choose "add FX"
2. FX is added to "guitar" even though it is not selected
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Quick adder right click.jpg (48.4 KB, 125 views)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:44 PM   #496
Neutronic

@mozart999uk hi there! If you want to add an FX to a track without selecting it first, you can simply drag and drop the plugin (see demo below).

Currently there are some technical limitations to implement the feature exactly as you described it.

Old 06-24-2021, 11:14 PM   #497
todoublez

Quote:
@mozart999uk hi there! If you want to add an FX to a track without selecting it first, you can simply drag and drop the plugin (see demo below).

Currently there are some technical limitations to implement the feature exactly as you described it.

this feature is getting better and better ..
thx for ur hardwork
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:33 AM   #498
mozart999uk

Quote:

Thanks for explaining and for showing the other method 😁
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #499
hscottaudio

Default Window size action

Hey, would it be possible to get actions exposed for setting the window size? Would be useful as I regularly plug my MacBook into an external display and have a custom action to change a few things to adapt to the display size. The only thing I am missing is being able to script QuickAdder window size as part of that custom action.

(I've sent you a thank you via PayPal!)
hscottaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #500
Neutronic

@todoublez, @mozart999uk you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscottaudio View Post
Hey, would it be possible to get actions exposed for setting the window size?
Yes, it would - I've added the request to the to-do list. Meanwhile, you can use F9/F10 keys to change the QA2 size when the window is focused.

(Note: you may also need to hold the Fn modifier key on your MacBook - it depends on your keyboard settings.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscottaudio View Post
(I've sent you a thank you via PayPal!)
Thank you - much appreciated!

Old 06-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #501
hscottaudio

Quote:
@todoublez, @mozart999uk you're welcome!

Yes, it would - I've added the request to the to-do list. Meanwhile, you can use F9/F10 keys to change the QA2 size when the window is focused.

(Note: you may also need to hold the Fn modifier key on your MacBook - it depends on your keyboard settings.)

Thank you - much appreciated!
Awesome, thanks!
hscottaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 11:58 AM   #502
lucafusi

Default Resizing Issues

Hey there! This is one of my favorite scripts ever; can't live without it.

I've just put Reaper on a fresh machine and I'm having issues with this script resizing itself nonstop, making it unusable. See this link: https://imgur.com/a/wELnags

The main monitor is 4k, forced 'System (Enhanced)' scaling is on for Reaper.exe, and Reaper's HiDPI mode is set to Aware. I've got a similar setup at home (also a 4K monitor) and haven't experienced this kind of snap resizing.

Any thoughts?
lucafusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:07 AM   #503
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucafusi View Post
Hey there! This is one of my favorite scripts ever; can't live without it.
Hey -- glad you enjoy it! As of the issue, I can't seem to replicate it here and I would need more information on your specific case.

Quote:
I've just put Reaper on a fresh machine and I'm having issues [...]
Does the resizing happen only when you type a search query?

Quote:
The main monitor is 4k, forced 'System (Enhanced)' scaling is on for Reaper.exe, and Reaper's HiDPI mode is set to Aware.
Does QA2 work correctly with the settings set to default? Does the resizing happen when QA2 is on the secondary screen (non-HiDPI, I presume)?

Also:
  1. What QA2 version are you running? If it's v2.47, please try rolling back to v2.45 and see if it helps.
  2. If you migrated QA2 with its settings from your old machine to the new one, please try trashing/renaming QA2 cfg file located in:
    REAPER > Scripts > Neutronic Scripts > Utilities > Quick Adder 2
Old 07-05-2021, 09:53 AM   #504
lucafusi

After clearing the config file, it works flawlessly. Thanks so much!
lucafusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #505
prochak96

Default Wrong action being run from Quick Adder 2

Hi! First of all, thanks for the brilliant script, it's a mainstay in my workflow now
I discovered a bug however where some actions seem to be mapping to the wrong command ID.
Specifically, I tried running "Envelope Based Compressor v2.eel" from Quick Adder 2, but instead, Reaper's recent actions told me that "Mackie Control Klinke: Mute 8(key)" was run.

I edited the code to display the fetched ID in the Console, and it confirmed that even on clicking "envelope based compressor v2", the command ID fetched was that of the Mackie Control action.

Similar problems occurred for all the consecutive actions starting with "envelope based".

Other scripts like MPL Align Takes or Quantize Tool run correctly though.
prochak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #506
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochak96 View Post
Hi! First of all, thanks for the brilliant script, it's a mainstay in my workflow now
I discovered a bug however where some actions seem to be mapping to the wrong command ID.
Hi there -- glad you like it!

As of the issue, I would need more information to help. Do you have the compressor script in multiple action sections? It would be helpful if you could share your QA2 db file located in:

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #507
prochak96

Quote:
Hi there -- glad you like it!

As of the issue, I would need more information to help. Do you have the compressor script in multiple action sections? It would be helpful if you could share your QA2 db file located in:

Thanks.
The compressor script is present only in Main and Main (alt recording) sections (which share all scripts in common I assume). Attaching my db file here!
Oh also, the compressor script is called "envelope-based compressor v2" (with the hyphen) to help you find it in the db file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip neutronic_Quick Adder 2_db.zip (284.6 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by prochak96; 07-10-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #508
Neutronic

Quote:
The compressor script is present only in Main and Main (alt recording) sections (which share all scripts in common I assume). Attaching my db file here!
Oh also, the compressor script is called "envelope-based compressor v2" (with the hyphen) to help you find it in the db file.
Thanks for this. The db entries look fine and the correct IDs are passed within QA2 here.

I installed the scripts plus the extension and again everything works as expected.

Do you run the latest QA v.2.47? Do you have another machine / portable REAPER installation to try the scripts on?

Quote:
I edited the code to display the fetched ID in the Console, and it confirmed that even on clicking "envelope based compressor v2", the command ID fetched was that of the Mackie Control action.
Could you elaborate on what exactly you edited to get that, since I can't replicate it here either. You could also zip the whole Quick Adder 2 folder and PM it to me, so I can test the replica on my machine.

Old 07-11-2021, 08:46 AM   #509
prochak96

Quote:
Thanks for this. The db entries look fine and the correct IDs are passed within QA2 here.

I installed the scripts plus the extension and again everything works as expected.

Do you run the latest QA v.2.47? Do you have another machine / portable REAPER installation to try the scripts on?

Could you elaborate on what exactly you edited to get that, since I can't replicate it here either. You could also zip the whole Quick Adder 2 folder and PM it to me, so I can test the replica on my machine.

So I uninstalled the script, deleted the Quick Adder folder, and installed again, seems to be working correctly now. Weird. But yay!

I did discover one other limitation, however. When the script is docked to the right, the number of characters I can type in the search box is limited by the width of the GUI. Instead of shifting characters to the left, the search box stops accepting any more characters. For longer search names, I have to then resize the GUI.

I currently worked around it by simply reducing the font size of the search words in the code, but thought you might be interested in knowing about this.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #510
Neutronic

Quote:
So I uninstalled the script, deleted the Quick Adder folder, and installed again, seems to be working correctly now. Weird. But yay!
If this helped then QA2 database refresh should do the trick as well. Glad to hear it works for you now!

Quote:
When the script is docked to the right, the number of characters I can type in the search box is limited by the width of the GUI.
Correct, this is how it works both docked and undocked. QA2 does not require typing full keywords in - e.g. "env comp" works as well as "envelope compressor" - so long search queries are not usually necessary. But it would be nice to have what you described and I may add it in a future update.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:36 PM   #511
Funkybot

My two small requests for Quick Adder would be:

1. Option to tweak the font size in preferences. On the Optimized for 1080p (which is my native resolution) the font is a little too big for my preferences. At the Optimized for 720p setting, it's a little blocky looking maybe. I would love to be able to tweak the font size in preferences.

2. When docked, the name appears as "Quick Adder v2.47 - Neutronic" in the tab. That's a very long tab name. I'd really like to just see "Quick Adder." The size of the tab can also cause the tabs to get docked vertical when I want horizontal, so a shorter name would look cleaner but also offer some functional benefit.

...really just trying to get more rows visible at once, but just changing the font size of the results in the script doesn't do that.

3. Also, would be nice if the filter boxes were available to always be visible directly under the search. So I could search "TT" filter then "BFD" for example.

Stopped using Quick Adder a while back when the FX Browser was getting some love in Reaper, but I'm checking it again for the convenience of having effects and track templates and actions all in one place. Will have to donate.

Last edited by Funkybot; 07-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #512
Tone Ranger

@Neutronic - love this script and use it all the time!! I have a thought/idea I wanted to run past you. I have the script set up in my Global Startup Action so it will do it's scan every time I open Reaper - that way I don't have to wait for it to scan the first time I open the script wanting to use it. The only issue is that the GUI opens in front of everything else and prevents me from doing much while it's scanning upon opening Reaper. I don't want to close the UI in case it aborts the scan.

I'm wondering if it would be easy to have something along the lines of a second version of the script to run the scans only, that doesn't open a UI, it just runs the scans in the background for you? That version of the script could then be added to someone's Global Startup Action or Project Startup Action so when this 'lite' version of the script is opened the scans are run discreetly in the background, so the main version of QA is ready to roll with the scans completed when opened.

Hopefully that makes sense!! Just a thought, not sure if anyone else would also find something like that useful or not. Thanks again for the great script!
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #513
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
1. Option to tweak the font size in preferences.
If the goal is yielding more rows this would not really help, since the row height is currently independent of font sizes. But what is planned is adding an option to hide the secondary info line (developer, channel count, section etc) so it will double the number of rows.

Quote:
2. When docked, the name appears as "Quick Adder v2.47 - Neutronic" in the tab. That's a very long tab name. I'd really like to just see "Quick Adder."
Currently, the tab name simply inherits the title bar text. It never really caught my eye but I agree with your suggestion. Will add it in the next update. Meanwhile, feel free to edit line 83 down to scr.name = "Quick Adder" to get what you want.

Quote:
3. Also, would be nice if the filter boxes were available to always be visible directly under the search. So I could search "TT" filter then "BFD" for example.
You can already switch the filters really fast - e.g. press TAB and then T to switch to track templates. I think having the filters visible all the time would add unnecessary visual clutter.

Quote:
Will have to donate.
Thank you!

Old 07-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #514
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
@Neutronic - love this script and use it all the time!! [...] Thanks again for the great script!
Happy to hear you enjoy it this much!

Quote:
I have the script set up in my Global Startup Action so it will do it's scan every time I open Reaper - that way I don't have to wait for it to scan the first time I open the script wanting to use it.
In case you missed the option - you can turn off automatic database refresh in the QA2 preferences and do it manually when necessary (by pressing F5). Unless you constantly add new plugins / templates / actions there's nothing new to find there anyway.

Quote:
The only issue is that the GUI opens in front of everything else and prevents me from doing much while it's scanning upon opening Reaper. I don't want to close the UI in case it aborts the scan.
Just to make sure we're on the same page here - are you running the latest QA v2.47? It has been possible for several versions to scan the database without QA2 locking REAPER, so you can simply move the GUI aside and do other things.

Quote:
I'm wondering if it would be easy to have something along the lines of a second version of the script to run the scans only, that doesn't open a UI, it just runs the scans in the background for you?
It would be possible to expose the database refresh option as a separate action so it would open QA2 in GUI-less mode and do the job. Let me know if it would still benefit you after reading my replies above.

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2021, 04:22 PM   #515
Funkybot

Quote:
If the goal is yielding more rows this would not really help, since the row height is currently independent of font sizes. But what is planned is adding an option to hide the secondary info line (developer, channel count, section etc) so it will double the number of rows.
The goal is indeed getting more rows, but just beyond that, the font size is still kind of big (for my taste) at 1080p and too small at 720p. But if we can hide the secondary line, it may not be so bad. But I still think Arial 14 would be a good size for the results, or Calibri 16. I could personally even go smaller. Not a big deal though, and getting rid of the secondary line would indeed improve this.

Quote:
Currently, the tab name simply inherits the title bar text. It never really caught my eye but I agree with your suggestion. Will add it in the next update. Meanwhile, feel free to edit line 83 down to scr.name = "Quick Adder" to get what you want.
Perfect, thanks!
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #516
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Happy to hear you enjoy it this much!

In case you missed the option - you can turn off automatic database refresh in the QA2 preferences and do it manually when necessary (by pressing F5). Unless you constantly add new plugins / templates / actions there's nothing new to find there anyway.

Just to make sure we're on the same page here - are you running the latest QA v2.47? It has been possible for several versions to scan the database without QA2 locking REAPER, so you can simply move the GUI aside and do other things.

It would be possible to expose the database refresh option as a separate action so it would open QA2 in GUI-less mode and do the job. Let me know if it would still benefit you after reading my replies above.

Thanks!
Thanks for the reply @Neutronic! I am running the latest QA - I just don't want to change my UI settings and positioning just for the boot up, if that makes any sense!

Yes this is hardly an essential addition, and don't want to create any unnecessary work for you! I was just curious if something like this would be a possibility. Those are all great workarounds, and the way things are right now aren't a big hassle either. If anyone else here thinks that being able to update the database in the background via a Global Startup Action would be a valuable addition, please comment - not worth exploring unless it's valuable to many! 🙂

Thanks again!!
Old 07-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #517
Neutronic

Quote:
The goal is indeed getting more rows, but just beyond that, the font size is still kind of big (for my taste) at 1080p and too small at 720p.
Ok, gotcha! I'll probably expose the results font size in the QA config file when I add the single-line results feature. FWITW, there have been a couple of other people asking for this customization as well, so it's on the to-do list now.

Quote:
If anyone else here thinks that being able to update the database in the background via a Global Startup Action would be a valuable addition, please comment
I think it'll be worth having it, so I've just added this to the to-do list as well.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:11 PM   #518
Tone Ranger

Quote:
I think it'll be worth having it, so I've just added this to the to-do list as well.
Really appreciate that @Neutronic, thank you for hearing me out!! 🍻
Old 07-16-2021, 02:26 AM   #519
prochak96

I'm having occasional random crashes with the error "attempt to call nil value". Sometimes happens just while hovering above the docked Quick Adder, without even interacting with the script.

Sorry I can't provide more info about it, since it happens very rarely and without any clear reason. Just wanted to see if anyone else is facing the issue.

Any way to edit the script so it dumps the crash info to the console?
Old 07-16-2021, 11:00 AM   #520
Neutronic

Quote:
I'm having occasional random crashes with the error "attempt to call nil value". Sometimes happens just while hovering above the docked Quick Adder, without even interacting with the script.
A little clarification - hovering over the GUI is interacting with the script even though it may look like nothing from the user's perspective.

Is it QA v2.47? Does the GUI have focus when the crash occurs? It's likely happening with a certain UI element under particular circumstances.

Might be helpful if you shared a screenshot of the GUI after the crash (if it doesn't close automatically).

Quote:
Any way to edit the script so it dumps the crash info to the console?
There are no hidden crash dumps one could simply retrieve. All error messages besides the generic ones should be intentionally programmed in.