Old 04-13-2024, 06:37 AM   #1
chmaha
Human being with feelings

Default Make certain MCP track names non-clickable?

Does anyone know if it's possible to make certain MCP trackname labels non-clickable? In ReaClassical I have some special "mixer" tracks (similar to Pyramix's single shared mixer paradigm) that automatically take their names from the first track group in the TCP and add a "M:" prefix. Ideally I'd like to prevent users from accidentally changing these. Sounds improbable but thought I'd ask.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:51 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Yes, I think you could put a transparent custom WALTER element (a new thing in Reaper 7) in the way, to steal the clicks. But you would need to modify and maintain a special version of the theme, which would be quite a commitment, and I'm not sure users wouldn't perceive it as "why is this name broken?"

Does it not feel right if you let the user change the name but then you immediately change it back?
Old 04-13-2024, 07:01 AM   #3
chmaha
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Yes, I think you could put a transparent custom WALTER element (a new thing in Reaper 7) in the way, to steal the clicks. But you would need to modify and maintain a special version of the theme, which would be quite a commitment, and I'm not sure users wouldn't perceive it as "why is this name broken?"

Does it not feel right if you let the user change the name but then you immediately change it back?
I'm kinda maintaining a special version given I hide lots of things in the TCP at this point. However, I'm intrigued by your "let the user change the name but then you immediately change it back". How could that be achieved?

EDIT: I'm assuming you are referring to perhaps building this into one of my functions...GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String should do the trick so that even if a user renames the track, it is still identified as a "mixer" track. I already have a solution in place for if a user accidentally deletes....Thanks for getting me to think a bit more creatively!

Last edited by chmaha; 04-13-2024 at 07:56 AM.
chmaha is online now   Reply With Quote