Old 06-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
mtgbuyer1
Human being with feelings

Default midi not recorded

I'm a new user trying to help another new user, so call it the blind leading the blind if you like. After installing Reaper and going through the configuration basics, I set up a project with a single midi track, inserting Addictive Drums 2 in the FX. We are using a Nektar Panorama T6 as the midi controller. When the track is in record ready, I can play the keys or the pads and hear the drum sounds. When I go into record (ctrl-R) and the metronome does the count in, I start playing, but hear nothing, and when I try playback I get nothing and find no midi note events. I have routinely been able to make this sort of process work in three other DAW platforms. I haven't yet found any explanation in the help file. What am I missing here?
mtgbuyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Midifail

can you check your recording status? is it set to normal? maybe it is set to punch to time selection or selected item.
check if input is set to monitoring only? this prevents recording audio or midi on purpose.
Midifail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
nicholas
Scribe

You haven't given us much information to go on really, but ....

Chances are the issue might lie in your recording settings ... right click over red arm record button in track panel. Have you set everything right?

Eg: Monitor Input, correct MIDI input device and channel(s) ...
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:56 AM   #4
SiddieNam

Default Could you post some screen shots?

Would be handy if you can show us your track recording settings, maybe the preferences screen for MIDI devices -- anything like that. A few screen shots would definitely help -- I feel sure it'll be something we can quickly help you overcome.

I know Nektar devices work as I use a LX25+. So I'm sure there's nothing seriously wrong. It'll be something we can advise you on easily, just a few more details required.
SiddieNam is online now   Reply With Quote