Old 06-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #1
ncarcagno
Human being with feelings

Default Cursor follows media when dragging

I open this post because I couldn't find an appropriate answer for this need. I would like to add the feature that the cursor follows the start point of media when dragging (as the title says).
I'm a pro tools user migrating to reaper and this is something i really got used for faster editing in post-production workflow.
I almost customized everything from reaper but can't figure out how to add this property, i thought doing it inside "mouse modifiers" but there is no option for moving the cursor with media, just time selection and neither the possibility of adding a custom function to it.

Is there any possibility to add this function ?

Thanks in advance !
ncarcagno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #2
benmrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarcagno View Post
I open this post because I couldn't find an appropriate answer for this need. I would like to add the feature that the cursor follows the start point of media when dragging (as the title says).
I'm a pro tools user migrating to reaper and this is something i really got used for faster editing in post-production workflow.
I almost customized everything from reaper but can't figure out how to add this property, i thought doing it inside "mouse modifiers" but there is no option for moving the cursor with media, just time selection and neither the possibility of adding a custom function to it.

Is there any possibility to add this function ?

Thanks in advance !
I also could't find a solution for this that I was happy with, so I wrote a script.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=253884
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
ncarcagno

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmrx View Post
I also could't find a solution for this that I was happy with, so I wrote a script.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=253884
Oh man you are the best ! Thank you so much !
I just tried it, it is working but with some trouble, now i can not put the cursor on other place (inside the media clip) that is not at the begging of the clip, like something in my configurations is making it to crash, any idea on how to solve this ?

Last edited by ncarcagno; 06-14-2021 at 08:16 AM.
ncarcagno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #4
benmrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarcagno View Post
Oh man you are the best ! Thank you so much !
I just tried it, it is working but with some trouble, now i can not put the cursor on other place (inside the media clip) that is not at the begging of the clip, like something in my configurations is making it to crash, any idea on how to solve this ?
I'm guessing this happens because your mouse modifiers are set up to select the item when you click on it. You would have to change that mouse modifier so it doesn't select the item.

And/or, assign the script to a button on a toolbar so you can easily toggle the behavior on/off.
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote