Old 02-20-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default How fixate tcp icon location on track?

In my own theme, the TCP track got all buttons, faders, labels etc fixated in place by exact numbers in rtconfig. Now I want to fixate the track icon position too. But I can't seem to find the proper command to achieve that. Could use some help.

I'd like my icon to be located far right on each TCP track. But I don't want it to be the furthest right-most object on the tcp track. The right-most object on the tcp track, for me, is the vertical tcp.meter. I'd like to fixate the icon image to spawn left of the tcp.meter, but right of all other controls. That is, IF possible.

As said, I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Can't find the right commands or parameters to apply. I'm starting to suspect that Reaper doesn't offer control to fixate track icons this precisely?

I did find the scalar value 'tcp_iconsize' and I assumed it was to be used in the initiating values of the rtconfig.txt file, however nothing changes when I apply it.

Seems I could use a pointer in the right direction on how to fixate track icons to always spawn on the same spot on a track.

thx
/C

Last edited by Colox; 02-20-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
xpander

Unfortunately the situation is as you've found it, the track icons will always be right-most in TCP and at the top in MCP, no way to move their position elsewhere.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
Colox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Unfortunately the situation is as you've found it, the track icons will always be right-most in TCP and at the top in MCP, no way to move their position elsewhere.
Ooh, damnit.
At first I found the icons childish and silly, but now I know it's much faster for the eye to identify a track by seeing a symbol rather than reading every letter of the track label.

Well, I just gotta make the icon the rightmost TCP thing then, move the meter in left behind it. It's going to look real funky and lame, but at least I get icons working.

Thx Xpander.
Old 08-25-2023, 04:48 AM   #4
X-Raym

Default walter tcp track icon center aligned

Quote:

I can see a potential feature request there !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote