Old 02-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #281
Sexan
Human being with feelings

You need to install JS API exstension (one of the sticky threads)
Sexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #282
multibody

Is it available through reapack?
multibody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #283
Sexan

not yet,in day or two. ATM in attachement
Old 02-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #284
multibody

Perfect, thanks. I think I will wait since I am lazy and like automatic updates.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #285
turanga

After update files through reapack, the script error change
TrackVersionPortCore.lua:3: 'reaper.JS_GDI_GetWindowDC' argument 1: expected void*
turanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:58 AM   #286
Sexan

preparing to upload latest to github/reapack in few minutes. Will need to check that maybe JS API got updated. How to reproduce it?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #287
turanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
preparing to upload latest to github/reapack in few minutes. Will need to check that maybe JS API got updated. How to reproduce it?
just run TrackVersionGUI.lua or TrackVersionPortoCore.lua.

How can I check that JS API got updated?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #288
Sexan

New port will be available in few moments on reapack,just installing reapack developer stuff..

If JS API got updated then I need to fix the code. On my end it works as it should. You need to run GUI script (it calls core script). Are you on mac?
Old 02-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #289
turanga

Quote:
New port will be available in few moments on reapack,just installing reapack developer stuff..

If JS API got updated then I need to fix the code. On my end it works as it should. You need to run GUI script (it calls core script). Are you on mac?
yes, I'm on mac 10.12.6

Reapack install developer stuff by default? or where is it?

Last edited by turanga; 02-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #290
Sexan

On macOS some API commands work differently, in your case that one. It is a little hard for me to debug mac things since I don't have one to test it on. But I will fix it some how since that one expects a window to grab,so It will take me few tries
Old 02-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #291
turanga

Quote:
On macOS some API commands work differently, in your case that one. It is a little hard for me to debug mac things since I don't have one to test it on. But I will fix it some how since that one expects a window to grab,so It will take me few tries
ok sexan, thanks for all your hard work
Old 02-23-2019, 02:43 AM   #292
multibody

Quote:

Hi Sexan, thank you very much for providing your Script!

In my case the file "Sexan_Track_versions_core.lua" was not downloaded via Reapack and I took it from github. Maybe there some reference missing?

I am excited to try it out now.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:02 AM   #293
multibody

Wow, I am super impressed so far!

I found one problem. The comp-destination does not work correctly on my computer. Each time I activate the comp-mode a new "Main" track-version is created.

No matter which comp-destination I choose, everything is only copied to the new "Main" Track-version.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:11 AM   #294
Sexan

Yeah I was having trouble with the main core script with reapack but cfillion helped me out. So ladies and gentlemen it is live on ReaPack "Track versions V2"!

Report bugs

@multibody will look into that

Edit: Its just naming it wrong, will fix it.

@turanga You will need to test some minor code I will send you (copy,paste) so we can fix that issue on MacOS

Edit2: comping naming fixed

Edit3: First post updated

Last edited by Sexan; 02-23-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:56 AM   #295
multibody

Quote:
Yeah I was having trouble with the main core script with reapack but cfillion helped me out. So ladies and gentlemen it is live on ReaPack "Track versions V2"!

Report bugs

@turanga You will need to test some minor code I will send you (copy,paste) so we can fix that issue on MacOS

Hi Sexan thanks for the quick fix of the naming. I think there is still something wrong. After switching comp off and on again, the comping is alwas copied to a new version named comp#

As I understand the comping should be done on the version that is set as "Destination" in the right click-menu and "Copy to" in the GUI.

Is my assumption correct or is comping only possible to a new version after turned off an on again?
Old 02-23-2019, 04:59 AM   #296
Sexan

No no no... the way it currently works is if you toggle comping ON you create first version of the comp, when you toggle it OFF you are done creating first version of the comp.When you toggle comp ON again you are creating NEW version of the comp. I can add new behavior so you can edit previous versions of the comps,but you can use copy to destination to modify the previous comp anyway

Comping is not tied to DESTINATION, only COPY is

Comping will always create new version if you toggle it ON/OFF. There would not be a way to create new comps without it (fastest way)

So the workflow for comping is, new comps are created with toggle ON/OFF, modifying comps (adding more stuff to it) is done by copy to destination OR just standard copy paste at mouse position (mouse over lane to paste)

Yeah COMPING to previous version is not possible after its turned off (unless using COPY TO or standard copy paste),but I can make it similar to copy to destination, so if comping is activated it will work on version that is selected in destination. But we will need to wait a bit before doing that to see how other users fell about current behavior so we don't end up with 15 different behaviors (bloating the script). We will need to define how default behavior should work.

Basically Copy to and Comp work very similar except comp automatically creates new version on toggle and copy to expects lane to work with either by creating new empty version or selecting one VIA DESTINATION (you want copy to behavior to be comp based on what you posted)

Last edited by Sexan; 02-23-2019 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:57 AM   #297
multibody

Quote:
No no no... the way it currently works is if you toggle comping ON you create first version of the comp, when you toggle it OFF you are done creating first version of the comp.When you toggle comp ON again you are creating NEW version of the comp. I can add new behavior so you can edit previous versions of the comps,but you can use copy to destination to modify the previous comp anyway

Comping is not tied to DESTINATION, only COPY is

Comping will always create new version if you toggle it ON/OFF. There would not be a way to create new comps without it (fastest way)

So the workflow for comping is, new comps are created with toggle ON/OFF, modifying comps (adding more stuff to it) is done by copy to destination OR just standard copy paste at mouse position (mouse over lane to paste)

Yeah COMPING to previous version is not possible after its turned off (unless using COPY TO or standard copy paste),but I can make it similar to copy to destination, so if comping is activated it will work on version that is selected in destination. But we will need to wait a bit before doing that to see how other users fell about current behavior so we don't end up with 15 different behaviors (bloating the script). We will need to define how default behavior should work.

Basically Copy to and Comp work very similar except comp automatically creates new version on toggle and copy to expects lane to work with either by creating new empty version or selecting one VIA DESTINATION (you want copy to behavior to be comp based on what you posted)
Hi Sexan,

thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware of the copy-functionality before.

Wouldn't it be more clear if you remove the "comp"-toggle and simply and add a button "New Comp" below "New Version"?

This button would create a version called comp# and the destination of copy would be set to this version.

Then only "copy" would be used.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #298
Sexan

Yeah I could do that
Old 02-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #299
Dark River

Nice work!
It took me a while to discover that 'Options: Loop points linked to time selection' must be enabled for 'Copy To' and 'Comp' to work.
For me, I would like to NOT have this option set and just make time selections. This way I can loop my work area while comping/copying.
A reasonable request? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #300
Sexan

Yeah very reasonable, I use default so I did not think about that. Will change that behavior so it looks ONLY at time selection.

P.S. for everybody do not use folder versions, I forgot that I've update some code regarding creation of the versions and did not update the folder code so its broken. Will fix it soon

Last edited by Sexan; 02-23-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #301
turanga

Quote:

Report bugs

Ok, keep an eye on this.

About the last updated scripts:
Error script: "Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:5: 'reaper.JS_GDI_GetWindowDC' argument 1: expected void*"

Last edited by turanga; 02-23-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #302
Sexan

@turanga its not yet fixed, I need to find how windows on OSX are registrated via API, once I get that I will send you a small code for you to test and when its fixed I will merge it with master script. Probably tomorrow will be sorted out
Old 02-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #303
nofish

Thanks Sexan.

How do I get multitrack editing working please?

I select say two tracks with 'identical' items on it, in Track Versions -> Groups -> Add, I see the GUIDs (?) of the two tracks added but then what?

When I e.g. cut one item, the cut isn't applied to the one on the other track.
I'm probably missing something simple...
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #304
Sexan

Sorry it is not enabled in current script. Will enable it in next update tomorrow,fixing folders,osx bug and few others. Yeah track guids appear because I did not add names yet.

IF you want you can test it, in GUI script at the bottom find this line:
line 923:
Code:
--edit_group_track_or_item(sel_item,cur_tr) --test
just remove -- before it

Since it does not have enable button which I will add tomorrow, group editing will work instantly when you create group/s (add tracks to group)

BTW they work exactly as described here:
https://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=843

Last edited by Sexan; 02-24-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:42 PM   #305
nofish

I'm not in a hurry, so I'll wait for testing until it's 'officially' enabled by you.
Thanks.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #306
J Riley Hill

Hey!
Really interested in your script, looking awesome so far. just got the newest version up and running.
whats the best way to send bug reports? Is there an email you prefer or anything?
J Riley Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #307
Sexan

here, make gif so I can reproduce and post error,many stuff got fixed.Will upload soon
Old 03-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #308
Ozman

Quote:
here, make gif so I can reproduce and post error,many stuff got fixed.Will upload soon
LICECap is a good tool to do this
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #309
J Riley Hill

I have experienced a couple crashes related to deleting versions, but I haven't been able to reproduce them with reliably, so I don't have any gifs. Can send console output if that is helpful. 📺
Old 03-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #310
Sexan

post output I will try to reproduce,but I think its related to folders(which I've fixed for upcoming version)?

Oh, btw one important thing which I forgot to add...will update first post and requirements:

In general settings: everything except cursor position for undo needs to be ticked. Auto save needs some info from undo history or it will crash in some cases if this is not ticked
Old 03-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #311
J Riley Hill

Ok great good to know!

this is the output after it crashed trying to delete a version that was in between 2 other versions.
the track version in question was empty.
The contents of the versions were recovered upon re-instantiating the script.

"Error: Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:666: attempt to compare number with nil

Stack traceback:
Core.lua:87: in metamethod '__lt'
Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:666: in function 'delete_from_table'
Sexan_Track_versions_gui.lua:165: in function 'delete'
Class - Button.lua:138: in method 'onmouseup'
Core.lua:881: in field 'Update'
Core.lua:434: in field 'Main_Update_Elms'
Core.lua:301: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:297>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Core.lua:297: in function <...am Scripts\Development\Lokasenna_GUI v2\Library\Core.lua:296>

Lokasenna_GUI: v2.16.3
Reaper: 5.971/x64
Platform: Win64"
Old 03-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #312
Sexan

That error is familiar... I have fixed some issues with crashing (I've also experienced crashes with removing versions and I've fixed them). I will upload new one tomorrow because I'm in the middle of coding something. So we will see if its fixed in new one.

Btw it is CRUCIAL that undo points except cursor position are ticked,because it will break internal autosaving.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #313
Supersloth318

First of all, Sexan thanks for all the hard work on this script, this will be a huge help!

Has anyone had luck getting this to work on macOS? I'm using 10.12.6 and when trying to run track versions I get the following message...

Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:4: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_Find')

I'm kind of a dope when it comes to this stuff, can anyone enlighten me?
Supersloth318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #314
Supersloth318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersloth318 View Post
First of all, Sexan thanks for all the hard work on this script, this will be a huge help!

Has anyone had luck getting this to work on macOS? I'm using 10.12.6 and when trying to run track versions I get the following message...

Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:4: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_Find')

I'm kind of a dope when it comes to this stuff, can anyone enlighten me?

Update: I reistalled the JS API script, and now I'm getting the same error at @turanga had earlier in the thread.

TrackVersionPortCore.lua:3: 'reaper.JS_GDI_GetWindowDC' argument 1: expected void*

Let me know if any of y'all have figured this out. Thanks!!
Supersloth318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:37 AM   #315
Sexan

yeah I've fixed the issue for osx ,its all comming today
Old 03-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #316
turanga

last update:

"Sexan_Track_versions_core.lua:5: 'reaper.JS_GDI_GetWindowDC' argument 1: expected void*"
Old 04-14-2019, 12:49 AM   #317
Nantho

Hi there !

Any news about the Mac version ?

Thanks
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #318
Sexan

Pushed latest version with various fixes and hopefully OSX issue. Let me know is it fixed
Old 04-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #319
Nantho

Hi Sexan, thank you very much for the fast reply

unfortunately, I've got a new error message :

Sexan_track_versions_core.lua:5: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_FindChildByID')

Hope it helps
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #320
Sexan

Oh... forgot about that one its... its mixer... fixing