Old 10-21-2014, 05:13 AM   #1
MyMusic
Human being with feelings

Default HELP! Most plugins not loading anymore

Just updated to v 4.731. Now getting "Project load warning." Most plugins, including Kontakt 5 are not found anymore.All my projects are a mess right now. If I rescan (including cache), nothing changes. If I remove "C:/Programfiles/VstPlugins" and add it again, the rescan adds the 64 bits plugins again.

But there is no way to add the 32 bit plugins anymore. I have removed all, browsed to my x86 plugin folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins) and added only this one. Scanned and rescanned but my 32 bit plugins do not work anymore.

I have a previous version (4.721) installed over it, but the problems is still there.

BUG ??
MyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
DarkStar

First things first:
-- where are your 64-bit plug-ins installed?
-- where are your 32-bit plug-ins installed?
-- what paths are named in the Preferences / VST path list?
-- which plug-ins are still found / still work OK?
-- anything special about them?
-- anything common about them?

What is in your reaper-vstplugins.ini file? Click Options-> "Show Reaper resource path in explorer/finder" to get to it.. Do you have an old copy you can put into the AppData folder?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
MyMusic

I was working with Reaper. All was fine. Decided to update. Then the load error came up when restarting Reaper and all was wrong. The 32 en 64-bit plugins are still there at the same place. The paths for VST for 32 en 64 bit are as mentioned in my first post.

I have other VST directories and they are added. It looks like the other directories are fine. I recovered the 64 bit plugins as described above. But ALL the 32 bit plugins in C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins do not show up (but they are still in that folder). They give a load error for finished tracks and they do not show up if I want to add them as new.

In my reaper-vstplugins.ini file I have two lines named vstpath64 and vstpath. They are showing the VST paths, but they are slightly different.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
DarkStar

You are using Reaper 64-bit?

And your 64-bit plug-ins are now OK?

Did you select the 32-bit plug-in bridging module when you ran the update? (I cannot remember what it is called)

Quote:
In my reaper-vstplugins.ini file I have two lines named vstpath64 and vstpath. They are showing the VST paths, but they are slightly different.
That looks very odd- it is meant to list the plug-ins.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
MyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Did you select the 32-bit plug-in bridging module when you ran the update? (I cannot remember what it is called)
Oh Yeah, that was the trick. Everything is back. So happy Reaper did save the settings. Thanks very much.

No idea why this happened because I never had to enable this in previous updates.