Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Haeleng
Human being with feelings

Default Midi control and Fader pos CC error with Reaper

Hi there,

I have connected a Behringer X32 (V2.10) via Midi to a Win7 computer with Reaper (4.76) installed.
My aim is to work out of the box (use X32 as my Mixing console) and control the transport of Reaper from the X32 and also have some fader automation on the X32 as well.
In Reaper I have choosen Mackie Control Universal.
All works fine (when I choose a different MIDI control interface for Transport control and Fader position) untill I choose the same Midi control interface for both.
I to use only the fysical MIDI In/Out because I installed a X-DANTE card and there is no remote control supported by DANTE.
For some reason Reaper sends some Midi data about every 3 seconds and My Midi recorder displays a 320 bytes message. This seems to interfere with the faders 1 and 2 of the DCA group on the X32 console, which go to the off position (-80dB position) when select Fader pos CC in the MIDI receive section is on.

Question 1: Why does Reaper send this info, is this to switch the lamps on? But why does this interfere with the fader position.

I tried Mackie Hui Protoco, but then FF, Rew, RtnZ does not work. The other functions do work.
Question 2: Why do these function FF, Rew, RtnZ not work and the other do.

The work around with Mackie Control Universal is not to activate the out Midi Port in Reaper. But the drawback is that the lamps do niet lit of the pressed buttons.

Somebody else outthere who had this problem too and tackled this problem.
Thanks anyway

Cheers Henk
Haeleng is offline   Reply With Quote