Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 08-28-2022, 02:47 AM   #41
JohnMiears
Human being with feelings

Congrats Bennasi! Looking forward to next month!
JohnMiears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 02:55 AM   #42
MisterGTR

Sorry for not voting this month.

Family stuff going on so I've been with my mum most of this month. But she's gone to visit family in Aus so next month.....

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Great to see so many entries.

I've not had a chance to listen yet. But congratulations to everyone who entered and of course the winner.

Thank you for the comments. I think I need to mix louder as I can't hear much above 12k and that's one recurring problem (of many). Any other advice?

Also anyone who reads the comments on their mix and doesn't feel great. Read the comments of the top guys too. We can all improve. And that's the point right? Don't feel too dejected.

See you next month
MisterGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:14 AM   #43
darjama

Congrats to BanzAndrey, who wins our 2nd anniversary contest. In addition to winning the right choose to next month's song, he also gets a lovely commemorative t-shirt. I'll be contacting you shortly to get your shirt size and mailing address, and about picking next month's song.

If you'd like to get a shirt of your own, I've added a merch link to reamixed.com or you can go to https://reamixed.myshopify.com/

See comments and download project files at https://reamixed.com/results/

darjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:19 AM   #44
MisterGTR

Cool teeshirt. I'm going to get one of I finish top 5 or for Christmas. Whichever comes first. Christmas then 😆
Old 08-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #45
Dex

Congrats BanzAndrey! John was my first place vote and finished second, and BanzAndrey was near the top of my ranking.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:32 PM   #46
JerZee

Hey Andrey Benassi, good work and congratulations. Well deserved first place. Good quality mix. I hope you find an interesting song for the next month....
and all the people who have found the time to comment on all the mixes, thank you all. That's what this competition is all about....reading the comments, learn from it and try even harder next time.
JerZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 12:35 PM   #47
JohnMiears

MisterGTR, heard a great saying the other day that applies to Reamixed comments, I don't remember it exactly but I hope to do it justice.

"The way you strengthen steel is by throwing it in a blazing furnace then beating the crap out of it. The steel probably doesn't appreciate it at the time but it enjoys being stronger after its over."

Reading the comments can definitely be deflating sometimes. I try to think of it as forging and apply what I can to it.

As far as the 12k think goes, there's still a lot of great music in that range. Think of it as having built in, natural organic, aura-tone speakers. I would avoid altering frequencies outside the range you can hear and maybe find someone who you trust to tell you if something sounds harsh or dull. Hope this helps.
JohnMiears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:18 PM   #48
MisterGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiears View Post
MisterGTR, heard a great saying the other day that applies to Reamixed comments, I don't remember it exactly but I hope to do it justice.

"The way you strengthen steel is by throwing it in a blazing furnace then beating the crap out of it. The steel probably doesn't appreciate it at the time but it enjoys being stronger after its over."

Reading the comments can definitely be deflating sometimes. I try to think of it as forging and apply what I can to it.

As far as the 12k think goes, there's still a lot of great music in that range. Think of it as having built in, natural organic, aura-tone speakers. I would avoid altering frequencies outside the range you can hear and maybe find someone who you trust to tell you if something sounds harsh or dull. Hope this helps.
Thanks John. I would rather have some built in PMC's but i guess i'll have to make do with Aurotones

I'm not a pro. So it's all good. I love the challenge and the fact that i can learn from Pros. And i am learning! I think!

I just wanted those who maybe hadn't entered as many times as i have, and maybe not so versed to reading the comments, to be understand that even he best of us can improve. And not to be disheartened. And to try again. Maybe superfluous. But if it helped one person not feel so bad (because we all know how much effort even submitting is) thne job done.

Looking forward to the next one...and getting my tee-shirt! (Edit - not being cocky - just setting myself the challenge to finish top 5...see above)

Last edited by MisterGTR; 08-28-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-29-2022, 01:03 AM   #49
jax

Thanks! It was fun!
Congratulations BanzAndrey!
jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 03:20 AM   #50
LCM!

Congrats to Andrey and the rest of the podium. Well deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGTR View Post
I'm going to get one of I finish top 5 or for Christmas. Whichever comes first. Christmas then 😆
Take into account that your score is only 0.26 away from the sixth and 0.58 from the fith (half a star). What I mean is that your mix might easily get to the top five sooner than you expect, sure.

And nice t-shirt, I like the charcoal one but I see that shipping is only avalaible for the US. A pitty.
LCM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:43 AM   #51
BanzAndrey

Hey guys, how cool to get first place!
Congratulations to everyone who participated!
BanzAndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #52
MisterGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCM! View Post
Congrats to Andrey and the rest of the podium. Well deserved.

Take into account that your score is only 0.26 away from the sixth and 0.58 from the fith (half a star). What I mean is that your mix might easily get to the top five sooner than you expect, sure.

And nice t-shirt, I like the charcoal one but I see that shipping is only avalaible for the US. A pitty.
I love your positivity👍🏾

I'm in the UK but I'll find a way to get that teeshirt 😀
Old 08-29-2022, 01:49 PM   #53
darjama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCM! View Post
Oh, I thought it was available internationally. Let me see if I can fix that.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #54
darjama

Shopify let me add ~26 additional countries. I think most of our users should be covered. If your country is not and you'd like to buy a t-shirt contact me and I'll see what I can do to get it out to you.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:58 AM   #55
WaveTrans

Congratulations, Andrey!
A very nice mix.

Nice idea, by the T-shirt, you will know your fellow ReaMixers
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote