Old 07-12-2021, 05:54 AM   #1
Abraxas1975
Human being with feelings

Default [SOLVED] Behringer X32 Producer and Reaper

[SOLVED]
The issue was solved: It was because of driver and firmware issues, and routing of the X32 gone astray.

Hello everyone,

I got a problem and looking for solutions..

In my band's project studio we recorded using a Macbook Air 2020. I connected the X32 with a USB and recorded through there using the headphone output as inserts on the mac to have monitoring.
We recently purchased a Windows PC, and this setup seems to not work anymore.
On the PC we use the ASIO4ALL drivers, as they have the least possible latency.
As far as recording goes, everything is ok, since the X32 is setup with the monitoring outputs and so, whenever an instrument plays through it, we hear it on headphones.
Problems arise because we cannot hear the output od Reaper! So I have a question for you all. I'm pretty sure it's a configuration problem, but I have no idea on what to tweak...

Thank for help!

Last edited by Abraxas1975; 07-12-2021 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Abraxas1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:48 AM   #2
serr

What are you doing with your live monitoring that you need the Reaper mixing board and production for? To say that the other way; what's the reason the X32 built in mixer is not acceptable to use for live monitoring?

Not to downplay using the X32 as just an audio interface and running live sound with Reaper running at low latency. But the X32 is designed to fully run live sound and all.

Yeah, downgrading from OSX to Windows will do just that.

You were using the headphone output on the computer before? That must mean you were making an aggregate device of the X32 and your Macbook's build in audio output to accomplish that. Maybe the built in output on that particular machine with the Windows OS doesn't play nice? Was the Macbook headphone output an additional channel because you ran out of outputs on the X32? This is probably where the problem is centered around though. Aggregating the X32 with your built in output on the computer. ie Running two audio interfaces together with sample rate clock sync over the data connection (USB). (The worst choice for sample rate clock sync.)

Do you have spare line level outputs on the X32? You could pick up a headphone amp. That would let you just use the X32 by itself and avoid the more complex aggregate device setup.

Last edited by serr; 07-12-2021 at 09:57 AM.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
Abraxas1975

Serr, that's true... Downgrading Always causes issues 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, for live stuff I only use the X32 (extremely good machine BTW), It was for recording in pur project studio. Anyway, I solved It: Drivers issue and routing in the X32 messed up.
Abraxas1975 is offline   Reply With Quote