Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-22-2019, 02:49 PM   #41
Joe90
Human being with feelings

The 0.01 version works as expected here

Too late now... my hopes are now sky high!

Seriously though - if it doesn't work out then no worries, but either way I hugely appreciate you looking into it. Even if the text box issue can't be worked around, it would still be useful enough to me that I'd keep it running in the corner and just disable it when I need to use a text box... thinking about it, I don't use text input boxes THAT often inside of any of the plugins that I'd personally need bridging (mainly the N.I stuff).

I'm now noticing you don't have a link for donations... I think I've asked you about that before actually. If I've missed it, or there's something else I can do, then let me know.

One last thing if you are going to be exploring this idea further - it would be nice if your application optionally dealt with that annoying little extra UI window when you close a plugin running in a separate process - I tend to just use the 'close all floating windows' action to close my plugin windows, so if that was being passed through to Reaper as well as closing the separate process plugin window, it would also close that UI anyway I suppose. I know that means I'll have to dig in to the FX chain to access those extra plugin routing/compatibility options, but I'm fine with that if it means I don't have to close two windows separately whenever I close the plugin... just a thought.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #42
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm now noticing you don't have a link for donations
Link in post #1 near top.
EDIT: You sent me a donation on Nov 17th for Mixer script.
Quote:
- it would be nice if your application optionally dealt with that annoying little extra UI window when you close a plugin running in a separate process
I don't think thats easily possible, I don't see any relationship between those two windows.

About sending keys,.. I don't like sending keys because there is no guarantee the target window will receive them and not some other window! Its much safer to send an action id # and let REAPER do its thing, that also means to run custom actions from this app you have to convert their CommandID (see readme).

For now I was just trying to setup shortcut keys to run a REAPER action when a 'x64 bridged' window is a foreground window. Not sure how useful that would be (I don't use bridged).

Last edited by Edgemeal; 06-05-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:39 AM   #43
Joe90

Well well... Merry Xmas to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Link in post #1 near top.
EDIT: You sent me a donation on Nov 17th for Mixer script.
Oh yes... so I did. Gonna send another one over now, I don't know if this app is finished or not, but it's already doing a good chunk of what I asked for, and it's working brilliantly.

The one big thing left for me is closing the plugin window with my standard shortcut - I totally understand why sending actions rather than keys is safer, and a tidier overall solution... however, it would be great if if the app could just intercept the windows 'close window' command while a (x64 bridged) window is focused, I'm thinking maybe an option to attach 'close window' to an already learnt action that's being sent? Then I can assign it to my 'close all floating FX' action, and I know it will close the bridged window too.

If you can find a way around this then I'd be eternally grateful, as you would have solved the last big piece of the puzzle for getting bridged plugins to run as smoothly as native ones!

I understand that if for some reason I'm running some other software that contains windows with names ending in (x64 bridged) and this app is enabled, then I could get some weird behaviour - but I really don't foresee that being an issue. I also understand that running the assigned 'close window' command when Reaper is focused probably wouldn't close the bridged plugins even if you did figure out the above, although if you could find a way around that too then it would be amazing, but that means communication in the other direction, from Reaper TO the bridged plugin window - a whole other level of complication I'm guessing. Perhaps it's possible with scripting? A script along the lines of 'close all (x64 bridged) windows' that I could then attach to my close FX windows actions?

A couple of minor things -

It would also be nice to exclude certain keys from the (x64 bridged) window. To be honest it's mainly record ('*' for me) because Maschine thinks it's running in standalone mode when bridged, so hitting '*' starts it recording inside the plugin.
Your app starts it recording in the DAW too, but doesn't stop it recording inside itself. There's no way to turn this off within Maschine (irritatingly). Not a biggie by any means, there are workarounds, but if it's possible it would be useful.

One last thought - if there's a means of integrating your move to mouse capability from AOT into this script so that the bridged window centers on the mouse cursor when opened, or perhaps make the bridged windows react to the 'move floating window to mouse cursor...' actions that we already have in Reaper - then that would be killer. Again, not a big deal, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks again Edgemeal!
Old 12-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #44
nofish

Quote:
it would be nice if your application optionally dealt with that annoying little extra UI window when you close a plugin running in a separate process
This one you mean?

Just in case you missed it, you can choose not to show it by rightclicking on a plugin name in the FX browser > Run as > Embed bridged UI, can also be done for several selected at once.

(As written there, may not work with all plugins, does work for the great majority of mine though.)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #45
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
This one you mean?

Just in case you missed it, you can choose not to show it by rightclicking on a plugin name in the FX browser > Run as > Embed bridged UI, can also be done for several selected at once.

(As written there, may not work with all plugins, does work for the great majority of mine though.)
Yes that's the one - I did know about that option, but when I embed the separate process, the plugin has all the same scaling issues as it does when using it unbridged, so I had disregarded this function.

HOWEVER, we didn't have the HiDPI compatibility switch per plugin last time I was testing this function... I just tried Maschine, still running as a separate process, but embedded this time, and I also switched HiDPI compatibility on...

It runs super smoothly, no UI glitches, it scales correctly on both screens, and all the Reaper shortcuts work! Amazing!

Normally Maschine and other N.I plugins do not play with well with the HiDPI compatibility function. Pop up browsing menus and other UI elements get scrambled and weird, and slider/knob values don't update. This is not only in Reaper, StudioOne has the same HiDPI fix per-plugin function (doing exactly the same thing I'm assuming) and the N.I plugins have the exact same issues there.

This could be a game changer, because all my shortcuts work perfectly when the bridged UI is embedded! I had tried both of these fixes (HiDPI checkbox, and embedded separate process) several times in attempt to sort out these plugin scaling issues in HiDPI, and because I'd tried them both separately with no success, I hadn't thought to combine them.

This slightly lowers the need for your app Edgemeal - I'm sorry! However, this settings combination is still not a solution for all plugins. Some are still acting up even with this newly discovered combination, so I'll certainly still be using your app for a handful of plugins. I would disregard those extra requests in my previous post though, because this new combination of settings some to be a solid fix for 90% of the problem plugins. Plus it's nice that this solution should work for mac users too (I'm assuming).

Either way I'm very pleased I posted, as there's no way I would've discovered this weird little combination of compatibility combinations without this discussion, so thank you both of you, and my apologies for not checking this combination of options before coming to you Edgemeal! There are so many plugin compatibility options in Reaper, but I genuinely thought I'd tried them all in all their various combinations.

This actually gives Reaper the best HiDPI plugin scaling options of any host I've tried. (I've heard Bitwig does it very well, but haven't tried it). So thank you guys, and thank you to the Reaper Devs for the bewilderingly long lists of options they provide for every possible scenario
Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #46
Edgemeal

Quote:
my apologies for not checking this combination of options before coming to you Edgemeal! There are so many plugin compatibility options in Reaper, but I genuinely thought I'd tried them all in all their various combinations.
No problem, I never used the 'Run As' stuff so I didn't know either, Thanks for stepping in nofish!
Old 12-23-2019, 12:05 PM   #47
Edgemeal

Stash View v1.00

View users REAPER file repository uploads, sort by date, file size, etc.
Save all/selected results to a text file.
Open specific user uploads in web browser.

v1.01 - Dec 26, 2019
* Load and save listings to file.
* Filter: Show list containing a word in title column.
* Stash name: Load last selected on startup, Enter key adds name.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 12-26-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #48
Joe90

Hi Edgemeal, AOT seems to be broken for me with the latest dev version (maybe since 6.03 actually) - any idea why? There are a couple of fixes in this new version that I really need, so I'm trying to avoid rolling back.

Thank you!
Old 01-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #49
Edgemeal

Quote:
Hi Edgemeal, AOT seems to be broken for me with the latest dev version (maybe since 6.03 actually) - any idea why? There are a couple of fixes in this new version that I really need, so I'm trying to avoid rolling back.

Thank you!
Working as expected here. Check the names and their enabled state in AOT tab.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #50
Joe90

Quote:
Working as expected here. Check the names and their enabled state in AOT tab.
My apologies, my mixer was pinned (which I never do, I must have clicked it accidentally). I did check for this before posting, but I don't think I was actually hitting the pin, even though it looked I was. You know what the pins are like.
Anyway, I've managed to unpin it now and AOT is working as expected.

Thank you for your swift reply.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #51
Edgemeal

Arrange FX v0.07 - Feb 19, 2020
+ Center input window over app.
+ Center message window over app.
+ Save/Restore app bounds & list font size.
# Fix: Move selected items with Control+Up/Down keys.
# Allow only a single instance to run.
# Give exe an icon.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #52
hopi

would it be possible to be able to create a new folder from inside this tool?
Old 02-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #53
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
would it be possible to be able to create a new folder from inside this tool?
Right click list for menu, you should see option 'Add Folder'. Does that work?
Edit: Updated ReadMe in zip, (right click list for folder options).

Last edited by Edgemeal; 02-22-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:56 AM   #54
hopi

yep perfect! thanks again... you da man
Old 04-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #55
Edgemeal

Default Action History Update

App removed.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 08-08-2022 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #56
nofish

Quote:
v1.06 - Apr 04, 2020
* Auto hide when other apps/menus have focus.
Works here so far, handy addition, thanks.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:31 AM   #57
nofish

Quote:
Reaper WhatsNew v1.56 by Edgemeal

v1.56 - May 14, 2020

* Support Twitter links, e.g., [twtr=12345].
I thought about asking for it when I saw the Twitter link.
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2020, 05:35 AM   #58
vitalker

Quote:
I thought about asking for it when I saw the Twitter link.
Thanks!
I bet it won't happen often. Only one time per year/a couple of years.
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:57 AM   #59
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
I bet it won't happen often. Only one time per year/a couple of years.
I think so too that's why I didn't ask for it in the end, but it's nice it works in case it does happen.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:46 AM   #60
Edgemeal

Default ActionManX

ActionManX (Named changed, previously known as ActionMan2)

Allows you to run a REAPER (Main) action when another app has user focus.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 05-22-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Name chnaged
Old 05-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #61
Joe90

Quote:
ActionMan2

Allows you to run a REAPER (Main) action when another app has user focus.

Awesome. Thanks Edgemeal! I actually had some issues with this app, I think it was user error though, I think after a config change/installing a new dev build the user script's didn't seem to match up with their codes anymore... I was in the middle of a fairly intensive workload and didn't have time for troubleshooting, so I'm not 100% sure. I really loved it though, and I was wrong on my previous statement that the issue was solved and I didn't need it. With the method nofish suggested, the bridged plugins are STILL stealing keyboard focus, they just don't do it until you've clicked inside them first, so I'm gonna try again with it tonight.

Can I confirm - am I right that it works by reading the plugin window name and look for '(x64 bridged)'? So if I rename that plugin in Reaper and remove that suffix, it won't work with that plugin?

My current (very hacky) solution is an AHK script that sends out an ALT+F4 command whenever I use my 'close all plugins' shortcut, which is ctrl+shift+Q. Luckily I don't use that shortcut in any other software, but you can see how it is not an ideal solution! It at least let's me close the windows consistently though, and for some lucky reason it actually doesn't close Reaper if I fire off the shortcut and no plugin windows are focused (which I thought it would).

Anyway, I'm very pleased you persevered with this, it's super helpful. I think I'm ditching my second (1080) display and getting a second 4K one instead soon, so this app will then be even more indispensable. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:07 PM   #62
Edgemeal

Quote:
Can I confirm - am I right that it works by reading the plugin window name and look for '(x64 bridged)'? So if I rename that plugin in Reaper and remove that suffix, it won't work with that plugin?
No! This works when an external app (Exe) that has focus, checks keys pressed, if match entry in list then sends action to REAPER. Might be useful if you're using a standalone exe plugin.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 05-19-2020 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #63
Joe90

Quote:
No! This works when an external app (Exe) that has focus, checks keys pressed, if match entry in list then sends action to REAPER. Might be useful if you're using a standalone exe plugin.
Ah OK even better.

It's working brilliantly here, thank you.

I'm still using the lua script you gave me to convert my custom actions and SWS actions to numbers, and I'll just bear in mind I might need to re run it every now and then if the number assignments get mixed up (your note about this in the readme explains my previous issues). It's only a handful of actions that I need anyway so it's not a big hassle.

Thanks again.

EDIT: After more testing, it doesn't seem to be working correctly. When an external window is in focus it is sending the actions through correctly, but when Reaper is focused the commands seem to still be being sent by action man, so they are received twice by Reaper. I can see the play stopping then quickly starting for instance, or record quickly starting and stopping.

In the exe box I've entered 'Reaper', which I assume is correct? If I enter anything else it doesn't work at all.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #64
Edgemeal

Quote:
In the exe box I've entered 'Reaper', which I assume is correct? If I enter anything else it doesn't work at all.
No. You'd enter the exe filename of the app that will have focus when you want to run a REAPER action, its not much different then the other app I made except this is one is supposed to work with external apps.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #65
Joe90

Quote:
No. You'd enter the exe filename of the app that will have focus when you want to run a REAPER action, its not much different then the other app I made except this is one is supposed to work with external apps.
Ah, ok.

So does that mean it will no longer work to pass through actions from bridged plugins?

That would be a shame, as I can't seem to get the original version working now either, not even for the basic stop/record actions.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #66
Edgemeal

Quote:
So does that mean it will no longer work to pass through actions from bridged plugins?
Sorry, I should have named the app something else, , (Changed to ActionManX) Under the hood its basically the same thing as the original ActionMan app except in ActionManX the focused window detection workS with external exe name, for example 'Notepad.exe'.

Quote:
That would be a shame, as I can't seem to get the original version working now either, not even for the basic stop/record actions.
The original ActionMan app works by detecting the focused window title text, and checking if it ended with the text "(x64 bridged)", it was also case sensitive.

EDIT Newer versions let you set the title text for the focused app, so if I wanted it to work with say any instance of Notepad, then since the titlebar text all have ' - Notepad' in the name I'd use that for title name in the app.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 06-05-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: EDITED FOR CLARITY
Old 05-22-2020, 11:28 AM   #67
Joe90

Quote:
Sorry, I should have named the app something else, , (Changed to ActionManX) Under the hood its basically the same thing except the focused window detection was changed for an external exe.

The original one works by detecting the focused window title text, and checking if it ended with the text "(x64 bridged)", it was also case sensitive. Did REAPER change that text for those windows?

EDITAttached version lets you set the title text for the focused app, so if I wanted it to work with say any instance of Notepad, then since the titlebar text all have ' - Notepad' in the name I'd use that for title name in the app.
Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a try tonight.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:53 PM   #68
Joe90

Works great. Thanks!

Any chance you could make it able to minimise to tray like AOT?
Old 05-26-2020, 12:33 PM   #69
Edgemeal

Quote:
Works great. Thanks!

Any chance you could make it able to minimise to tray like AOT?
EDIT ActionMan was replaced by ReaAction,
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/40396/ReaAction.zip

Last edited by Edgemeal; 09-28-2020 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:32 PM   #70
Joe90

Quote:
Perfect. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #71
Edgemeal

Plugins Most Used
Forum thread
Download Plugins Most Used v0.04

v0.04 - Performance tweak, Multithread some work.
Its a little faster then v0.03.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #72
Edgemeal

ReaAction v1.03 - screenshot

v1.03 - Oct 21, 2020
* Ignore NumLock and CapLock in key field to prevent focus moving to action field.
* Add note that Windows does not support Shift+NumPad keys.

v1.02 - Sep 29, 2020
Save/Restore "focus restriction' selection.

v1.01 - Sep 28, 2020
* Replaces older ActionMan versions.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 10-21-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:54 AM   #73
Edgemeal

Default Reaper WhatsNew v1.59

Reaper WhatsNew v1.59 - Oct 04, 2020
* Color new "*" entries as indigo for BBCODE (v6.14+dev1003 - October 3 2020).
* Add "*" names to view filter.
* Ask if OK to download and overwrite exe if file already exists.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 10-04-2020 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Re-uploaded ZIP, Forgot to include the README file
Old 10-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #74
nofish

Quote:
Reaper WhatsNew v1.59 - Oct 04, 2020
* Color new "*" entries as indigo for BBCODE (v6.14+dev1003 - October 3 2020).
* Add "*" names to view filter.
Thanks for the quick update.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #75
Edgemeal

Default REAPER Preset Sorter

REAPER Preset Sorter
Sort, re-order, edit, delete, import, REAPER FX presets.
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/40551/REAP...t%20Sorter.zip

v0.17 - Oct 26, 2020
* Option: Import preset settings from other preset files.
* Remember logical sort setting.
* Remember app bounds, and list font size setting.
* Remember "Sort ini files by last write time" setting.
* FIX: Title bar showed previous selected file after deleted, etc.

Import preset settings
This lets you add preset settings from another source, your other PCs, a friend, etc...
1. Select a preset file in the left column, right click for menu and select Import.
2. Select the same named preset file from a different source.
* Identical setting names with different data will be added prefixed by a number.
* Any settings that have identical data will be ignored and not added.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #76
Edgemeal

Default ReaBar v1.18

v1.18 - Dec 01, 2020 Snap Shot
* Fix: Toolbars not redrawn after app width manually adjusted.

ReaBar v1.17 - Nov 11, 2020
* Add option: Always show toolbar names on right.
* Fix: Toolbar names incorrectly drawn when width option toggled.

v1.16 - July 18 2020
* Support Media Explorer toolbar (REAPER v6.16/v6.12+dev0712).
* Allow editing text of all text buttons.
* Check boxes in Toolbar panel match toolbar backcolor.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 12-01-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:22 PM   #77
Edgemeal

Default REAPER WhatsNew

v1.63 - Jan 24, 2020
* Fix: "View all +Dev" did not get all entries if an entry did not have any data.
e.g., In the current REAPER changelogs (dev0123 & 0124) there is no data for "v6.19+dev1228 - December 28 2020".

v1.62 - Jan 21, 2020
* Search: Add option to clear search history.
* Search: Save/Restore search history enabled state.
* Search: 'Control+Delete' keys deletes selected text from history.
* Google selected text (default Web browser > Google.com > SearchText site:forum.cockos.com).
* Progressbar in download window shows percent complete (+ gradient backcolor).
* Ignore middle mouse button in text area when smooth scroll is disabled.
* Fix: "View Recent" value shown in options incorrect if changed and options was closed/aborted.

v1.61 - Dec 02, 2020
* Option: Auto split copied BBcode into multi-parts when length > 9,900.
* Add: File menu, Open the exe downloads folder.
* Improve scrolling when rotating mousewheel fast with smooth scrolling disabled.
* Fix: Magnify glass in search box not always seen with wide text.
* Fix: Zoom setting reset if file to view was not found.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 01-24-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:21 AM   #78
nofish

Thanks for the updates!
Old 02-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #79
Edgemeal

Quote:
Thanks for the updates!
One more, this will most likely be the last update for this app.

Reaper WhatsNew v1.64 - Feb 18, 2021
* Option: Auto switch logs on start.

With "Update on start" enabled the app only checked if the last log viewed (Dev or other) was updated, now with "Auto switch log' enabled the view will auto switch to the newest log found on landolete and update, so you shouldn't miss a new +dev or RC release.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:10 PM   #80
Edgemeal

Default REAPER cursors with ID number

REAPER cursors with ID number in filename for easy reference.

Lua script example using js_ReaScriptAPI extension
Code:
cursor = reaper.JS_Mouse_LoadCursor(530)
Or change REAPER default cursors, see URL.
For example, copy CursorGroup420.cur to REAPER Cursors folder and rename the file to arrange_ibeam.cur, restart REAPER to see effect.

Download REAPER CURSORS
Last updated: REAPER v7.00 (there are now 67 cursors)
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/46076/REAPER%20CURSORS.zip
Extract folder in zip, open folder in Windows Explorer, adjust view as needed

Last edited by Edgemeal; 10-17-2023 at 10:36 AM.