Old 07-23-2021, 07:00 AM   #1
nappies
Human being with feelings

Default Raizer Invisible (Pop Rock Big Beat)

Hey Guys! I am sharing my new song "Invisible"!Hope you like it. Everything is done on Reaper, of course! Please check this out!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaDGSKMcj4
nappies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
AndrewFalcon

Nice vibe! Is this a cover version or an original song?
AndrewFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
nappies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalcon View Post
Nice vibe! Is this a cover version or an original song?
Thank you! Of course our original song!
Old 07-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #4
fHumble fHingaz

G'day! This is great work - excellent songwriting and production! Reminds me a little bit poppier/less angry version of Linkin Park. Really catchy melodies, great vocals...

Mixwise everything sounds really polished, and the balances are really well done.

As I was listening, there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on about the mix that bothered me. I glanced over at the meter on my Apollo Twin X interface, and I noticed that it was pinned at -9. I thought "hmmm... now that's really strange"... Usually, when I'm listening to major-label productions on YouTube, the meters are pinned at -3, and your track is coming out a full 6dB lower at -9...

... so I right-clicked the "stats for nerds" available on the YouTube video, and it said that the song had been normalised to 34% of the content loudness, meaning YouTube is turning your song down by a whopping 9.4dB to meet its -14dB LUFs requirement.

Now, I'm no loudness prude or dynamic range warrior... in fact, it kind of annoys me when people make a big deal of it, especially if the mix sounds great... but I do think there comes a point where pushing loudness does damage a mix, regardless of how well it is mixed or mastered, or how great the source material is...

So I'm guessing the fact that I thought "this sounds really good, but something is bothering me about it" is a signal indicating that threshold has been crossed here.

To my ear, the mix sounds quite "compacted" (if that makes any sense). The low end is quite shaved off too -it is not as full in the subs as I would expect from this type of music, and I don't get that real sense of "oomph" and impact when the chorus hits. I think the loudness processing might be compromising your stereo width somewhat too.

I think easing up on your loudness processing by around 4-6dB would be the first step in making a great mix and song sound exceptional. As a comparison, check out this Linkin Park Album "Minutes to Midnight" on YouTube. The original is still plenty loud (some would say too loud) and yet "stats for nerds" says it is normalised to 55% of its original loudness (meaning YT is turning it down 5.2dB)
https://youtu.be/vBKrpLzlfa8

Those thoughts aside, I really enjoyed what you have here - excellent work!
Old 07-24-2021, 06:07 AM   #5
nappies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fHumble fHingaz View Post
G'day! This is great work - excellent songwriting and production! Reminds me a little bit poppier/less angry version of Linkin Park. Really catchy melodies, great vocals...

Mixwise everything sounds really polished, and the balances are really well done.

As I was listening, there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on about the mix that bothered me. I glanced over at the meter on my Apollo Twin X interface, and I noticed that it was pinned at -9. I thought "hmmm... now that's really strange"... Usually, when I'm listening to major-label productions on YouTube, the meters are pinned at -3, and your track is coming out a full 6dB lower at -9...

... so I right-clicked the "stats for nerds" available on the YouTube video, and it said that the song had been normalised to 34% of the content loudness, meaning YouTube is turning your song down by a whopping 9.4dB to meet its -14dB LUFs requirement.

Now, I'm no loudness prude or dynamic range warrior... in fact, it kind of annoys me when people make a big deal of it, especially if the mix sounds great... but I do think there comes a point where pushing loudness does damage a mix, regardless of how well it is mixed or mastered, or how great the source material is...

So I'm guessing the fact that I thought "this sounds really good, but something is bothering me about it" is a signal indicating that threshold has been crossed here.
Hey fHumble fHingaz!Thank you for positive feedback and so deep analysis and advice!
And I didn’t know about this statistic it’s really useful to sound better.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:36 AM   #6
AndrewFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappies View Post
Thank you! Of course our original song!
Sounds like I've heard it already Probably it's good
AndrewFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote