Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 07-23-2021, 03:56 AM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Backups: Save to 'additional' directory until 'project' directory created

For timestamped backups there are the two options:

- Save to timestamped file in project directory
- Save to timestamped file in additional directory: /path

I often work on unsaved projects for a few hours until I decide that I want to save them to a new project path. As the 'project directory' option doesn't save anything until a project directory is created, the only possible option for me right now is 'additional directory'.

However in additional directory all projects are saved together and it gets messy easily.

I hope that it will be possible in future to have the 'project directory' option still reference the path under additional directory and even if 'project directory' is the only chosen option it will still save to the additional directory as long as no project directory exists and when it gets created it moves all backups to the project directory.

A bit similar to the 'Default recording path, when project is unsaved and no recording path configured' but for backups instead of audio and in the save dialog perhaps a checkbox for "Move all backups into project directory".
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote