Old 07-08-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Mac1Sound
Human being with feelings

Default Using embedded Timecode

Hi, There I really need some help!
Up until now, I have been a lightish user of reaper ( I mainly use FCPX) but now I have decided that I need to use reaper more ( as it's sooooo much more powerful). I did some recordings on a set at the weekend and they have asked me If I can help process the tracks I recorded for them ( not edit them).

So here's what I want to happen,
1. import desired track for processing.

2. I want the timeline to display the timecode that the track was recorded with (eg the track starts at 10:29:14:24 ) that's where I want the time time to start at.

3. I add a master bus output ( this is where I put nearly all of my processing on)

4. Now if I have a low recording I may stack 4 or even 5 of the same track ( duplicated ) all routing to the master track ( this normally gives what I need output-wise) and then the processing takes care of the little noise there is.

5. When I render out I want to have the identical metadata that was in the original including the exact time code so that it can be sync to the picture in Avid later.

I have tried looking and looking, but have got myself all mixed up, can someone out there that could help me?.
Mac1Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Hypex
Human being with feelings

Would Project settings/Project start time be good for starters? Excusing the pun. :-)
Hypex is offline   Reply With Quote