Old 05-30-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
MikeMcK
Human being with feelings

Default Any way to tell VST versions?

Over the years I've amassed a pretty large set of VSTs and VSTi's, mostly cheap and free ones.

Every once in a while I find that something I've been using has been updated (e.g. to fix a memory leak) but I have no way of knowing what version of the VST I have.

I've looked at reaper-vstplugins64.ini and nothing jumps out at me as denoting versions. Is there a way? Thanks.
MikeMcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:13 AM   #2
Softsynth

Your VST folders will tell you the "date modified" of the .dll files and folders in Windows. You could choose to list them in order of age if that makes it easier.

Most cheap and free VSTs aren't updated as often as commercial ones, if at all. Check out the webpages of the ones you really expect to use - the rest do not matter. U-HE regularly update both free and commercial VSTs.

Many commercial VSTs now have update warnings when you open them, so at least download the latest versions of your favourite VSTs and see what happens with them.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
MikeMcK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Your VST folders will tell you the "date modified" of the .dll files and folders in Windows. You could choose to list them in order of age if that makes it easier.

Most cheap and free VSTs aren't updated as often as commercial ones, if at all. Check out the webpages of the ones you really expect to use - the rest do not matter. U-HE regularly update both free and commercial VSTs.

Many commercial VSTs now have update warnings when you open them, so at least download the latest versions of your favourite VSTs and see what happens with them.
Thanks!
MikeMcK is offline   Reply With Quote