Old 05-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #1
cgtrman
Human being with feelings

Default Changing BPM for Entire Timeline?

I have a project with a 63 BPM. I want to change the tempo to 66 BPM. I have MIDI drums and bass and guitar. I will re-record the bass & guitar but I want to change tempo for the entire length of the song and retain the MIDI drums & markers/labels I have.

I have tried changing BPM in Project settings but it only changes the BPM at the first of the song regardless if I have selected the entire timeline. I have tried changing the tempo in the transport bar and it will only change tempo where cursor is just like the Project settings method.

It shouldn't be this hard. I have MIDI drums and song label markers I want to keep and bump BPM up 3 BPM. I simply want to change the entire timeline from 63 to 66 BPM. What am I missing? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cgtrman; 05-25-2020 at 02:16 PM.
cgtrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtrman View Post
I have a project with a 63 BPM. I want to change the tempo to 66 BPM. I have MIDI drums and bass and guitar. I will re-record the bass & guitar but I want to change tempo for the entire length of the song and retain the MIDI drums & markers/labels I have.

I have tried changing BPM in Project settings but it only changes the BPM at the first of the song regardless if I have selected the entire timeline. I have tried changing the tempo in the transport bar and it will only change tempo where cursor is just like the Project settings method.

It shouldn't be this hard. I have MIDI drums and song label markers I want to keep and bump BPM up 3 BPM. I simply want to change the entire timeline from 63 to 66 BPM. What am I missing? Any info is greatly appreciated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sQVeghwRsI&t=238s I think this should work...
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:18 PM   #3
cgtrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayout View Post
Thanks, I'll chk it out.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
jbraner

I'm not sure what the video shows - but you type it in on the far left of the time line.
Overwrite your 63 with 66.
Its a little awkward, and not immediately obvious
jbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
cgtrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
I'm not sure what the video shows - but you type it in on the far left of the time line.
Overwrite your 63 with 66.
Its a little awkward, and not immediately obvious
Thanks for your response.