Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #121
themixtape
Human being with feelings

This is great man! Wondering how one would save samples WITHIN the template, somehow, so the kit can just be loaded up and instantly played once record is armed?

Is there a way to do this? I haven't checked out all the other posts yet...

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
Decided to simplify for easier customization and quicker workflow. For Live heads, think of this as Reaper's Impulse, only without the sample-changing bug. :-)

Eight channels, chromatic from notes 36 - 43, stereo master outs. Expand as you go; I find this easier than starting with a huge template, personally.

Place the file in the Track Templates folder, inside your Reaper folder in: Documents and Settings/user/Aplication Data/Reaper. Simply preview your one-shots through Reaper's Media Explorer and drag them right into the sampler!

36 - Kick
37 - Snare
38 - Perc 1
39 - Perc 2
40 - Perc 3
41 - Perc 4
42 - HH CL
43 - HH OP (with "obey note-off messages" for pseudo-choke)

Thanks and enjoy!

10/19/07 New updated template:
* Revised the instrument order (still fully customizable of course) to be more like Live's Impulse, with Kick and Snare at the beginning and Hats at the end. This facilitates playing beats on a 4x4 pad controller, as K/S is left hand and HH's are right hand.
* Named the samplers to their instruments (new RPR feature!) which greatly enhances workflow.
* FYI: Schwa's excellent Midi Note Namer is no longer required for a drum map, as the Sampl0matic now shows the names of the samples used in the midi editor (another new RPR feature)!

08/30/09 New updated template!
* Readrums is now "racked" in a Folder Track with output tracks for the samplers all assigned and ready to go. Note that there is only one output track for the Hats, as they'd usually be processed the same. If seperate processing is desired, simply add a track into the folder and route it accordingly.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #122
Dr. Pickle

Default Triggering Loops in Readrum

Hello, I'm trying to trigger loops in readrum but am having a bit of trouble. I have certain loops like shakers that I want to turn on for awhile looping, then off, using the same pad on my midi controller. The problem is when I click "Obey Off Notes" the sample stutters when triggered, playing for an instant then shutting off again. Any advice? Thanks very much
Dr. Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #123
rdesanti

Default MAC Reaper Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
Decided to simplify for easier customization and quicker workflow. For Live heads, think of this as Reaper's Impulse, only without the sample-changing bug. :-)

Eight channels, chromatic from notes 36 - 43, stereo master outs. Expand as you go; I find this easier than starting with a huge template, personally.

Place the file in the Track Templates folder, inside your Reaper folder in: Documents and Settings/user/Aplication Data/Reaper. Simply preview your one-shots through Reaper's Media Explorer and drag them right into the sampler!

36 - Kick
37 - Snare
38 - Perc 1
39 - Perc 2
40 - Perc 3
41 - Perc 4
42 - HH CL
43 - HH OP (with "obey note-off messages" for pseudo-choke)

Thanks and enjoy!

10/19/07 New updated template:
* Revised the instrument order (still fully customizable of course) to be more like Live's Impulse, with Kick and Snare at the beginning and Hats at the end. This facilitates playing beats on a 4x4 pad controller, as K/S is left hand and HH's are right hand.
* Named the samplers to their instruments (new RPR feature!) which greatly enhances workflow.
* FYI: Schwa's excellent Midi Note Namer is no longer required for a drum map, as the Sampl0matic now shows the names of the samples used in the midi editor (another new RPR feature)!

08/30/09 New updated template!
* Readrums is now "racked" in a Folder Track with output tracks for the samplers all assigned and ready to go. Note that there is only one output track for the Hats, as they'd usually be processed the same. If seperate processing is desired, simply add a track into the folder and route it accordingly.
Am new to this and I have a MAC. Where are the Reaper folders installed like color themes and the Templates folders located? I know they are here somewhere? Trying to install the Readrums.
Thanks ahead!
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #124
Cyribro

I put my template in the main Reaper Media folder in my documents and just load it from there, if you have the Finder window open, when Reaper asks you for the template, drag it from the Finder window into the window that's asking for a path, it will load ReaDrums.

This is pretty handy, I'm not going to lie. Being able to just use the ReaSampleomatic5000 in this manner is definitely going to make life a lot easier. I have been doing each drum track individually and hoping for the best. It might not be as clean, but at least I manage to have something down that I can change around as I please.

This right here is an amazing alternative to a drum machine, it works just about the same way. Samples are easy to find and for those who don't want to buy them, it might be useful to learn how to chop your own.

To be honest, beatport has sample on sale all the time, so does loopmasters. Those are the two places I would go to for samples, sound patches for synth, and plugins. Well, I get my music from beatport as well as samples.
Cyribro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #125
chilledpanda

ReaDrum template is excellent and flexible, thought I'd add a animated gif to show how easy it is to add an extra drum with track by duplicating an existing one.

I like the fact that it allows you to do drum layering nice and easy.
Layering multiple samples to get a new drum sound, just duplicating a track+effect as above, leaving the Note the same, different samples/settings and add effects on the routed track or even velocity layering for those trying to get more realistic drum sound. Same technique to add, but you set each of the velocity minimum/maximum to filter out what velocity range each sample will play, you will need to also tweak the min/max volumes, to compensate for the velocity been reduced.

Nothing short of brilliance, more I use reaper more I love it, what else do you need, hmm okay choke groups, but have some free time this weekend so think I may have a cunning plan for that.
chilledpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #126
Sunaj

^^^Please let me know what you come up with
Sunaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #127
chilledpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaj View Post
^^^Please let me know what you come up with
Sure,well this is what I have so far, decided to dabble in a bit of JS and create a midi choke vst, so far I have a working gui hopefully tomorrow should get the midi part completed.

I decided to have a mpc style gui, means you don't have to mess about with loads of drop down menus/sliders for assigning notes to keys.

The idea is you can use a mpc/midi keyboard or even reapers built in virtual midi keyboard to assign notes to the Pad Matrix and Choke groups. So all you do is select your rows/columns for your desired matrix of pads, then either use 'Manual Learn' to click a pad and press a note to assign to that pad or 'Auto Learn' starts auto selects the TL pad and moves on after every midi note received from the pad/keyboard assigning it to the current flashing pad.
Assigning to groups is equally as simply select the group assignment and then either click a pad or press a note on your mpc/keyboard.
Set the mode back to play and your ready to go.

oh and the pad shape has Thin, Push, MPC flavours.

Last edited by chilledpanda; 10-19-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added the Pad Shape line
Old 10-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #128
Sunaj

Nice! do you think you could implement time stretching for individual pads?
Old 10-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #129
Sunaj

?....
Old 11-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #130
chilledpanda

This is only todo midi choke, all the samples are still handle via reasamplomatic5000. So you can do your timestrech in a track then select and import it into the reasamplomatic5000.
Got delayed in finish in this off , with work and entering the kvr osc competition.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #131
JakeTheDrake

Default Problem using REASAMP DrumRack Template...

Hi
I douwnloaded the track template, then tried to instantiate it using Insert->Track->TrackFromTemplate->ReaSampDrumRack but nothing happens... Nada

I installed into the correct location (hence menu registering it as a template track) but cant get the track to add
JakeTheDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #132
winbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledpanda View Post
This is only todo midi choke, all the samples are still handle via reasamplomatic5000. So you can do your timestrech in a track then select and import it into the reasamplomatic5000.
Got delayed in finish in this off , with work and entering the kvr osc competition.
OH, ChilledPanda... I just found your post by total chance... I have been looking for such a JS project for such a long time... I would love to use Reaper and Reasamplomatic to mimic (even with less features) the Poise VSTi...

I wanted to do some JS programming myself, but I did not even know what was possible in terms of "midi learn" or "drag'n'drop"...

Do you have an early beta version available ? Just to have a look at the code?
Old 02-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #133
winbe

Up for 2014?

I am a total newbie as far as JS is concerned, and I would love to be able to somehow do something like Poise Vsti...
Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #134
chilledpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe View Post
OH, ChilledPanda... I just found your post by total chance... I have been looking for such a JS project for such a long time... I would love to use Reaper and Reasamplomatic to mimic (even with less features) the Poise VSTi...

I wanted to do some JS programming myself, but I did not even know what was possible in terms of "midi learn" or "drag'n'drop"...

Do you have an early beta version available ? Just to have a look at the code?
Hi winbe,
Been very busy of late, was in the middle rewriting the midi part to buffer and process separate for the visual otherwise it's to slow and misses visual cues like hitting the pad not always lighting up (possibly should do it in c++ ah well) but should get this done next week (now I have some time off work).

Midi learn is fairly easy to do, simply detecting the midi key, but you can't detect drag n drop with JS (at least as far as I am aware unless something changed).JS is fine for anything less intensive bandwidth processing.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #135
chilledpanda

Okay here is the MPC style midi choke js script and files. Allows you to assign up to 64 midi note (8x8 grid) in a MPC/APC/Luanchpad style, with 8 choke groups and one shot samples catered for.

https://www.copy.com/s/ukI6qtvVQohB/CP-reampchoke.7z

To install, just open reaper's resource location and unzip (is a 7zip file to be exact) in the effects directory. Should give you a CP directory containing the script and 4 png files.

To use just add the effect before your Reasamplomatic5000 effects in the chain. For the choke to work correctly Reasamplomatic5000 should be allowed to accept note offs (tick the obey note off box.)

The fx has the following options.

Mode - selects the current mode the fx operates in which are.
Play - Play back intercepts midi to perform the choke etc. With visual display on pressed notes.
Play Optimal - Same as play but no visual display update.

Edit - This is the editing mode, which allows assignment of pads etc. see assignment option below.
Reset - Resets all the assignments.
Display scale - simply adjust the size of the PAD grid display.
COLUMNS - sets the number of columns in the grid up to a max of 8.
.ROW - sets the number of rows in the grid up to a maximum of 8.
Pad shape - set the visual aesthetic style of pad thin, push or mpc.

Assignment - The different editing operations.

Manual Learn - Allows single note assignment to each pad, simply click on a pad and it flashes, then press the midi key/note you wish to assign to it (Note this must be the same midi note value which you you assigned to trigger the reasamplomatic500 you want to trigger), Note if you get a red error flash this means that the midi note value has already been assigned to another pad.

Automatic Learn - This Automatically selects the pad from TL to BR on each selection it flashes and waits for you to assign a midi note.

One Shot - This suppresses notes off on the assigned pads, to assign a pad as a one shot, just click the pad, will be lit on selected. Ideally this is for single shot samples.

Group A to Group H - These are the choke groups just click the pads to set that pad to choke or be choked by any other in this group.

This is a quick posting. Any problems let me know.

Last edited by chilledpanda; 04-29-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: num pngs
Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 AM   #136
st3aLth

Teh Reaper does not see the plugin.
st3aLth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #137
fladd

Quote:
Okay here is the MPC style midi choke js script and files. Allows you to assign up to 64 midi note (8x8 grid) in a MPC/APC/Luanchpad style, with 8 choke groups and one shot samples catered for.

To install, just open reaper's resource location and unzip (is a 7zip file to be exact) in the effects directory. Should give you a CP directory containing the script and 4 png files.

To use just add the effect before your Reasamplomatic5000 effects in the chain. For the choke to work correctly Reasamplomatic5000 should be allowed to accept note offs (tick the obey note off box.)

Play - Play back intercepts midi to perform the choke etc. With visual display on pressed notes.

Edit - This is the editing mode, which allows assignment of pads etc. see assignment option below.

Manual Learn - Allows single note assignment to each pad, simply click on a pad and it flashes, then press the midi key/note you wish to assign to it (Note this must be the same midi note value which you you assigned to trigger the reasamplomatic500 you want to trigger), Note if you get a red error flash this means that the midi note value has already been assigned to another pad.

Automatic Learn - This Automatically selects the pad from TL to BR on each selection it flashes and waits for you to assign a midi note.

One Shot - This suppresses notes off on the assigned pads, to assign a pad as a one shot, just click the pad, will be lit on selected. Ideally this is for single shot samples.

Group A to Group H - These are the choke groups just click the pads to set that pad to choke or be choked by any other in this group.

Ah, seems we kinda had the same idea only that you made it a bit more visual (http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=141444) :-)

This made me think: It would actually be possible to have the pad style frontend the main frontend for the samplers as well. At least for setting the notes the pads respond do. Basically, if you set the RS5K to respond to notes chromatically, but then in the script that holds the pads re-route whatever note the user sets the pad to, to the note of the corresponding RS5K iinstance, this should work. Not really needed, but probably nicer then going into the RS5Ks for that. Just a thought...
Old 07-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #138
DastardlyMut

Hey chilled panda!

This JS plugin you've made really seems awesome. I'm very impressed, have also been wanting to implement something like this recently and was happily surprised to stumble upon your plugin.

I've downloaded it, but unfortunately I'm having issues with the Manual Learn setting.
I click it, and then it immediately changes back to None.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
DastardlyMut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #139
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default dead link

Quote:

Hi, is there another link you/anyone could share pls?

( Most interested in checking out ya midilearning bit : )

thanks!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote