Old 07-12-2019, 03:30 AM   #801
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Anyone unable to move notes in the latest few Melodynes? I can stretch and shrink but now I can't move the notes. Used to be you moved the tool to the middle of the blob and then could move it now it just stretches in that direction
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #802
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Is it possible to freeze tracks with Melodyne ARA so they can be easily restored? If not, will it be in the near future?

I'm sure this question has probably already been addressed, but I'm having trouble finding a direct answer.
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #803
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I'm not sure about freeze, but I do apply fx as new take then offline the instance...hopefully it keeps the ara data, but I am not sure
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:19 AM   #804
jbraner

Or render the Melodyne track to a new track (which is doing the same thing).
I'm not sure if you can get away with a "freeze" either.
jbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 AM   #805
puddi

My Documents > Celemony > Separations folder is pretty big, but I'm not sure what I can delete in there to not cause any compatibility errors with projects. I thought the thing with ARA was that all Melodyne data was stored in the project file, but maybe I'm wrong on that.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #806
sivert_h

Reading through the last pages here I can see that more of us have the problem with Melodyne not remembering tunings. I have to start all over again now with a song, 13 vocal tracks has to be redone. That's annoying af!

A freeze option with ARA plugins would be greatly appreciated!
sivert_h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:28 PM   #807
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert_h View Post
Reading through the last pages here I can see that more of us have the problem with Melodyne not remembering tunings. I have to start all over again now with a song, 13 vocal tracks has to be redone. That's annoying af!

A freeze option with ARA plugins would be greatly appreciated!
This is so sketchy that I recommend freezing your tuned track and consider it committed. Any changes you have to start over.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:14 AM   #808
amiracam

hi, in my other DAW , I use the ARA based Melodyne and Voc-Align integrations very often, I can't tell from this port or from the Reaper docs whether ARA is now actually supported.

Is it ?

If not , is there an ETA ?

Its a big deal for workflow.

thanks
amiracam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:16 AM   #809
Tonehenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiracam View Post
hi, in my other DAW , I use the ARA based Melodyne and Voc-Align integrations very often, I can't tell from this port or from the Reaper docs whether ARA is now actually supported.

Is it ?

If not , is there an ETA ?

Its a big deal for workflow.

thanks
ARA is fully supported in Reaper.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #810
amiracam

thank you for the feedback, I'll assume that means that Melodyne then works as I have become accustomed to in StudioOne
Old 01-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #811
Coachz

Quote:
thank you for the feedback, I'll assume that means that Melodyne then works as I have become accustomed to in StudioOne
Probably not. Melodyne has a long history of failing to remember edits of pitch corrected vocals. The only way I would use melodyne in Reaper is to do the pitch correction then freeze it to a new track and assume that's going to lose all the work you did but at least you have the new track with everything correct but you just won't be able to go back to it. Maybe that has been fixed, or maybe not. Time will tell but don't get burned

Coachz Repo
Old 01-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #812
Tonehenge

Quote:
Well... It's a different DAW with different usage protocols, so you still have to know the Reaper tool set.

I use Melodyne on the specific event as opposed to the track the event is on. I might prep a video to better explain my process.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:14 AM   #813
amiracam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonehenge View Post
Well... It's a different DAW with different usage protocols, so you still have to know the Reaper tool set.

I use Melodyne on the specific event as opposed to the track the event is on. I might prep a video to better explain my process.
well, that sounds like what I do i.e. in S1 I select the event , ctrl-M opens up Melodyne on that event i.e. in S1 its actually an FX on the event as opposed to a general FX on the track

same goes for VocAlign

A vid would be awesome

thanks
Old 01-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #814
dePUNDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Probably not. Melodyne has a long history of failing to remember edits of pitch corrected vocals. The only way I would use melodyne in Reaper is to do the pitch correction then freeze it to a new track and assume that's going to lose all the work you did but at least you have the new track with everything correct but you just won't be able to go back to it. Maybe that has been fixed, or maybe not. Time will tell but don't get burned

I've used Melodyne ARA in Reaper since I was able to and I haven't had any issues.
dePUNDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:16 AM   #815
ShoreSound

Quote:
well, that sounds like what I do i.e. in S1 I select the event , ctrl-M opens up Melodyne on that event i.e. in S1 its actually an FX on the event as opposed to a general FX on the track
Similarly, that's how I do it. I snip the clip at both ends where I want to tune, and then just apply Melodyne to that one clip.

Interestingly, however, if I do more than one clip on a track, Melodyne knows the position of the clip relative to the whole track and all ARA'ed clips are visible on the Melodyne timeline.

Lastly, I'll mention that Celemony recommends placing Melodyne as a Track FX, not a clip FX, but obviously I've ignored that...
ShoreSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:28 AM   #816
jbraner

Quote:
Lastly, I'll mention that Celemony recommends placing Melodyne as a Track FX, not a clip FX, but obviously I've ignored that...

But when I was a SONAR user, they recommended to use it on clips. That was before ARA 2, but still...
jbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:17 AM   #817
ShoreSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
But when I was a SONAR user, they recommended to use it on clips. That was before ARA 2, but still...
Coincidentally my workflow comes directly from my time with Sonar, as well ;-)
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #818
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePUNDIT View Post
I've used Melodyne ARA in Reaper since I was able to and I haven't had any issues.
That's great but to be clear there have been many posts about melodyne forgetting edits.

Coachz Repo
Old 01-06-2021, 07:40 AM   #819
dePUNDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
That's great but to be clear there have been many posts about melodyne forgetting edits.
The only time melodyne has ever forgotten edits for was when I took it offline. By the time I brought it back online, it had forgotten the edits which is unbeatable considering the way melodyne Ara works in Reaper.

The other issue I have with Reaper ARA is the fact that it's not yet possible to freeze tracks with melodyne Ara.
dePUNDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:12 AM   #820
amiracam

[QUOTE=

Lastly, I'll mention that Celemony recommends placing Melodyne as a Track FX, not a clip FX, but obviously I've ignored that...[/QUOTE]

Not sure how that makes sense, StudioOne's workflow basically insists you use it at the clip / event level i.e. one selects a clip/event and "edit with Melodyne" which then adds it as an event on the clip and not the entire track.

Havent' had a chance yet to check that out but hopefully it works that way with Reaper i.e. works well that way
Old 01-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #821
amiracam

Quote:
Originally Posted by insub View Post
Thank YOU! THANK YOU!!!

People seem to only be aware of the pitch editing ability of Melodyne.

Please note, that the tempo mapping abilities are primarily what I'm after. ARA is required for true back & forth communication between Melodyne and the DAW in this regard. ARA should allow importing & editing the tempo map from Melodyne and editing the timing of notes apart from the tempo map.

This takes free-time recordings to a new level, IMO. The tempo mapping I've done in REAPER with SWS has been difficult and time-consuming. The mapping is not too difficult, I suppose, but any "tempo-quantizing" of free-time audio is glitchy and weird sounding using Tempo markers. Drum slip editing is a huge PITA as well. Melodyne can do these with ease and have convincing results as well.
hi, I use the tempo map capabilities of the melodyne integration with StudioOne all the time, I tried with Reaper, unfortunately I have to export from melodyne to midi and then load midi into Reaper, overall not a big deal, the problem I'm facing is that although in Melodyne I see the tempo mapping clearly mapping to the audio elements , the tempo map imported and interpreted by Reaper seems to have a consistent offset i.e. i.e. the transients in the audio file that I use to verify the time alignment show what seems to be a consistent offset.

I did not experience this with StudioOne, although there it was just a matter of dragging the event with melodyne onto the tempo track .

Perhaps you may understand what the issue is ? thanks