Old 07-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
Goryko
Human being with feelings

Default How to nudge multiple takes?

I'm dealing with multitrack drum edits. I put a delay plugin onto kick and snare to align the transients with the overheads. Sounds good to me, but as there are many edits involved I would like to have the alignment happen before the editing. I tried to use the nudge contents feature. I checked with an out of phase duplicate and they cancel each other out perfectly with the exception of the edit points, as intended.

The problem is nudge content only affects the active take, but what I need is nudge all takes by the same amount of samples.

Is there a checkbox I'm missing to do this?

If this feature doesn't exist, is it simple enough to put it together with reascript?
I'm thinking something as plain as:
Selected item -> Item edit: for all takes -> nudge right by last nudge dialog setting
Goryko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:11 AM   #2
nofish

Couldn't you use 'nudge position' instead ? (to move the item instead, including all takes)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
Goryko

I want the items to stay coherent in time across the tracks so I can still edit them as a group, but I got an idea.

Maybe a macro nudge position right->nudge right trim left->nudge left trim left will do the trick

Never mind... these actions don't exist and save nudge dialog settings doesn't help much either.

At least this is a quick and simple manual solution with three steps per track. Better than nudge->select next take for hundred of take snippets

Last edited by Goryko; 07-13-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Goryko is offline   Reply With Quote