Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
Paul
Human being with feelings

Default Advice on getting th best out of ReaVerb

Hi all,

I've been having a bit of a play with ReaVerb along with some free impulse responses from the noisevault site but was after a little advice if possible.

I've been getting good results by using it as a straight reverb plug in as a SEND, but if I want to try and use the ReaVerb as an amp sim or pre-amp sim, how do I order the impulses and should these be as 100% wet or a mixture to get the best effect?

This is what I was thinking....

1. Amp IR
2. Mic Pre-Amp IR (presumably this is needed too as you would usually mic a real amp up?)
3. Reverb IR (I guess this could be done as a send more efficiently tho?)

Also, if I want to use effects such as distortion, etc are there IR's to do this or am I better just selecting a distortion fx before ReaVerb?

Presumably also if I wanted to use a mic pre-amp on a vocal I would use this as the first effect in the chain and wet as 100%?

Ooohh... its so confusing! Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Paul

PS: Are there any nice free impulses anyone could recomend to produce a nice warm 'vintage' vocal or guitar sounds? I'm not really much of a techie when it comes to hardware and such. Many thanks.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Andywanders
Human being with feelings

Hi Paul, it might be worth your while checking out Voxengo Boogex (if you haven't already done so)...

http://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/

It's a FREE guitar amp sim that loads speaker cab IRs. Comes with a lot of internal IRs too.

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is offline   Reply With Quote