Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #1
Rellik
Human being with feelings

Default Parameter Combiner (JSFX) - combine params to generate params (for example, multiply)

I always thought it would be really useful to be able to multiply parameters together (e.g. have a "detail" repeating automation item, and then a "macro" envelope that multiplies it for variation). Looking for feedback or ideas on how to make this JSFX easier to use (I'm totally new to JSFX so ways of simplifying the code also appreciated)! Partially inspired by the automation/expression-combining features of Bitwig.

Source: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/al..._Combiner.jsfx

Later output params can reference earlier ones, so you can build up more complex expressions (like "a = x * y; b = a ^ val1; c = max( x, b );" type of stuff.)

Initially I was planning on implementing a text expression editor - the pain of implementing a parser in an unfamiliar language probably would have stopped me, but also the fact that there's no native JSFX text fields. I also considered a visual waveshaper-like approach to parameter shaping, but couldn't think of a natural way to let it combine multiple inputs (plus, more work!)
Attached Images
File Type: png parameter_combiner.png (10.8 KB, 432 views)
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:59 AM   #2
Ivannn Bennnettt

Thank you!
I must test that!
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #3
Ivannn Bennnettt

I like your logic plugin but don't like a mess on JS)
Could you give your github link to I give you a like?)
Ivannn Bennnettt is offline   Reply With Quote