Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 11-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #801
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
* I've been staring at this all night, so might be overlooking something simple. But I could not get the indexer to add multiple files this way:
All lines in a multi-line tag must begin with the same indentation and decoration (no matter what it is). If you use "<space><asterisk><space>" in the first line (provides), all subsequent lines must begin with the same thing.

Alternatively you can use https://reapack.com/upload/reascript.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:54 PM   #802
todd_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
"Toggle monitoring FX bypass (8 actions)" has been replaced by "Monitoring FX bypass bundle (bypass, unbypass or toggle)". Uninstall the old one from the package browser to allow the new one to be installed.
Sorry, just saw this. Sorted thanks
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:59 AM   #803
n0ne

Finally added my first Reapack script, excited to get it working! Thanks cfillion!

How are you guys handeling the including of other files? Most of my scripts rely on other files that contain functions. For the first one I've just copied everything for now, but that doesn't seem like a good solution.

I've seen that Lokasenna added his GUI as a seperate 'required' script that the user has to install. But also that does not seem to make sense in all cases.

Any thoughts?
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:06 AM   #804
_Stevie_

You mean like including functions and other scripts?
I do that very often. Check the scripts in my sig, especially the bundle ones!
Old 01-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #805
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
How are you guys handeling the including of other files? Most of my scripts rely on other files that contain functions. For the first one I've just copied everything for now, but that doesn't seem like a good solution.
Use the @provides tag to add additional files to a package. Each package must install a unique set of files. I also recommend checking out the upload tools (if you haven't already).
Old 01-05-2020, 07:25 AM   #806
n0ne

Thanks for the quick reply. For now I've put it on my own Github because I think that will allow me to fix things a bit quicker (and it took me a little bit of testing to get everything to work again ).

I'm using the @provides tag, but I think that only allows me to add files to the current folder. Whereas some of my library files are shared among scripts. So consider:

/Reaper Scripts/Items Editing/Script 1.lua
/Reaper Scripts/Various/Script 2.lua

Say scripts 1 and 2 wanted to use functions in the same lua file. Maybe adding them to a main Lib folder for my Repo:
/Reaper Scripts/Libs/Include me.lua

Is that possible without making the user manually install the "Include me" package?

Thanks!
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:58 AM   #807
cfillion

Yes, but each script package must install a different copy of Include me.lua to avoid conflicts (when both are installed if they each provide a different version Include me.lua).

/Items Editing/Script 1.lua
Code:
@provides ../Libs/Include me.lua > Script 1/Include me.lua

local path = ({reaper.get_action_context()})[2]:match('^.+[\\//]')
dofile(path .. 'Script 1/Include me.lua')
/Various/Script 2.lua
Code:
@provides ../Libs/Include me.lua > Script 2/Include me.lua

local path = ({reaper.get_action_context()})[2]:match('^.+[\\//]')
dofile(path .. 'Script 2/Include me.lua')
/Libs/Include me.lua
Code:
-- @noindex

Last edited by cfillion; 01-05-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #808
nofish

Nitpicky nitpick I just came across:
When resizing the coulmn divider in the About/Contents window it (sometimes) doesn't fully redraw the text.

(Win 8.1/ReaPack v1.2.2)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #809
cfillion

Interesting... Do you get that in other ReaPack windows or is it localized to just the About dialog? How often is sometimes? (I just did a quick test in my Windows 8 and 10 VMs and it didn't happen no matter how I tried abusing the columns)
Old 01-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #810
nofish

It seems to be...intermittent. :P
Sorry, even when I tried to licecap it when I noticed it the first time I needed a few tries to reproduce.
But I noticed it doesn't seem to redraw the text unless resized so far that the scrollbar at the bottom appears, if that helps?

edit:
Actually I think it's not the width of resizing but the fact that I resize a second time which makes the text fully and the scrollbar appear.

edit2:
Didn't (knowingly) come across this in other ReaPack windows so far.

edit3:
I just noticed now, on the first resize the scrollbar can be seen flashing shortly, whatever this means.

Last edited by nofish; 01-06-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #811
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2.3rc1

Note: The dll/dylib/so filename has changed in this release. The transition is handled automatically when using ReaPack's package browser to install this pre-release (or Synchronize packages once the v1.2.3 update is marked as stable).

For macOS and Linux: The minimum required versions of REAPER are now v5.1 and v5.20 (respectively). REAPER v6.04 is the new recommended version (it includes patches to WDL/SWELL fixing minor UI bugs in ReaPack). libxml2 2.6+ is required on Linux. The website will be updated accordingly once v1.2.3 is marked as stable.

Added:
  • Add a "Visible columns:" label to the top of the list column header context menu
  • Add support for ARM 32-bit (armv7l) and ARM 64-bit (aarch64) on Linux
  • Add support for UNC paths on Windows [p=2207357]
  • Fill the Details tab of the DLL's properties in Windows Explorer
Fixed:
  • Adjust the text color to be readable in the About dialog when macOS dark mode is enabled
  • Correctly display download error messages containing non-English characters on Windows [#26]
  • Don't put a check mark on the Versions menu when reinstalling the current version in the package browser
  • Fix a crash when reading repository indexes without a root element
  • Fix creating directories with paths longer than 248 characters on Windows
  • Fix flickering I-beam cursor when hovering text edit fields on macOS
  • Fix the list column header customization context menu on Linux
  • Re-enable the file URI scheme on Windows [p=2142236]
Changed:
  • Improve the search filter syntax (making it more similar to REAPER's implementation):
    • Allow matching literal leading ^ and trailing $ when quoted
    • Interpret opening quotes in the middle of a word literally
    • Treat closing quotes as the end of a word
  • Optimize filtering and selecting all packages in the package browser on macOS
  • Produce the Linux binaries on Ubuntu 18.04 for better compatibility across various distributions
Removed:
  • Drop support for macOS 10.7 and 10.8 due to their lack of modern SSL protocols [t=222487]
  • Drop support for REAPER 5.04 and older on macOS (use 6.04 or later for best results)
reapack-index v1.2.3rc1
  • Add the new linux-armv7l and linux-aarch64 platform options to the provides tag
  • Don't add a file attribute to source tags when renaming the package file to its original storage name
  • Fix URI.escape deprecation warnings when using Ruby 2.7
reapack.com/upload will receive the new Linux ARM platform options once v1.2.3 is marked as stable.

Last edited by cfillion; 02-19-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:47 PM   #812
mschnell

Great !
FR: Did you think about support for CSI configuration files ? Geoff seems to be close to Beta and the file format is not due to great changes any more.I suppose providing these files via ReaPack would be a great help with the public Beta and of course the upcoming release.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #813
cfillion

I'm not familiar with CSI, but in general distributing config files with ReaPack is ill-advised because any user-made changes would be quickly erased.

Whether it can be done depends on where these files can be stored within the resource path. If there are no hard requirements on the location, I guess they could use the "Data" package type and be installed in the directory of the same name.

I saw mentions of a "CSI folder" in their wiki. I'm not sold on the idea of adding a whole new package type for supporting one externally-distributed extension's special folder (once new type is added it stays forever).

Last edited by cfillion; 02-21-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:12 PM   #814
mschnell

These config files can be user-made, but I recon that in most cases, normal users (exactly like script users) will fetch those that fit to their device. Of course there should be instructions on how to modify them without risking their changes to be overwritten.

Maybe it's time to start a conversation on this with Geoff before the Beta start.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 04-13-2020 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #815
tufb

ReaPack Manager and -index are great!

Where does ReaPack Manager print contents from the @about section? In the About/Contents windows, I only ever get "Could not load RTF document." I test this with cf_ scripts.
tufb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #816
cfillion

Are you on Linux? RTF display is not implemented there yet. SWELL-generic cannot display rich text in its text edit control. Maybe translating the RTF data into plain text and displaying that would be better than nothing for now though, I'll look into it.

(If you're familiar with C++ and would like to help, the corresponding source code is RichEdit::setRichText in richedit-generic.cpp.)

Last edited by cfillion; 02-22-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:00 AM   #817
tufb

Thanks! Yes, I'm on Linux.
tufb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:02 PM   #818
Reaperistt

Default REAPACK SCRIPTS NOT DOWNLOADING

Hi guys, I've just installed reaper and have a problem with downloading repositories (or they might be called scripts). My reapack is installed correctly, reaper recognizes it. Python is installed and enabled in options. However, each time I try to download repositories/scripts, the system gives me error: SSL CONNECT ERROR. I've added a screenshot of the error to the present post. Could anybody, please help me ? The script I'm particularly interested in is CHORDGUN, that's why I need reapack.
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf reaper screenshot.pdf (52.8 KB, 373 views)
Reaperistt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #819
cfillion

The screenshot looks like Windows 7. Is it up-to-date?

The error means something is going wrong when Windows is asked to validate reapack.com's SSL certificate (problably due to SNI). reapack.com/index.xml is only used for self-updates.

If no other hosts are affected (if the error always only mentions reapack.com), you should still be able to install ChordGun and every other packages from ReaPack > Browse packages. It's hosted on the ReaTeam Scripts repositry on github.com, not reapack.com.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #820
Reaperistt

Default REAPACK SCRIPTS NOT DOWNLOADING

I got Windows Vista. Windows Update says the windows is updated, the last update exactly 1 year ago. I'm given always the same error when trying to download something, as well when I click on 'ReaPack > Browse packages'.
Reaperistt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:14 PM   #821
cfillion

Out of the box Windows Vista did not support TLS 1.2 or newer. Since 2018, GitHub.com requires that all connections use at least TLS 1.2 for security reasons.

Windows update KB4019276 added TLS 1.1 and 1.2 to Windows Vista in 2017: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/4019276.

With that update installed you might get a new "SEC_E_UNTRUSTED_ROOT" error in ReaPack due to Vista's trusted root certificate store being out-of-date. If that is the case, disable "Verify the authenticity of SSL/TLS certificates (advanced)" in ReaPack > Manage repositories > Options > Network settings.

https://i.imgur.com/NM3s6TX.png

Last edited by cfillion; 03-07-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:48 AM   #822
Sexan

Is it possible for script to automatically download requirements from ReaPack (In my case JS_API)? If yes how?
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:20 AM   #823
Meo-Ada Mespotine

No, not yet, if you want to have it automatically.

Though you could add the download-repo into ReaPack, using ReaPack-api-functions:

ReaPack_AddSetRepository
https://mespotin.uber.space/Ultrasch...dSetRepository

and running

_REAPACK_SYNC "ReaPack: Synchronize packages"

after that.

But I've never tried that.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #824
Talagan

Hi all,

I have two questions, probably for Christian. I have a jsfx (MIDI CC Mapper X) which is in the ReaTeam official repository, that I'm currently extending through some data files located in the <REAPER_RESOURCE>/Data/<JSFX_NAME> directory. These files are potentially editable/creatable/readable by a user, so they are written/generated in a custom ascii format.

1) When called from a jsfx, file_open has two modes, binary or text, that will change the behaviour of file_* functions ; but this mode cannot be chosen through the api. It's detected by reaper from the file extension (as I unterstand it, *.txt triggers the text mode, all other extensions trigger the binary mode, but I can't be totally sure about this). Anyway : since my file format is an ascii format, I need those files to be opened in text mode for parsing, thus, their extension is .txt . The problem is that the txt extension is registered by reapack as "MIDI Notes Names", so as I understand, to avoid a clash during indexation and to avoid those files to be indexed as main packages, they need to be tagged with @noindex (the uploader gave me a hint about this). Just for confirmation : should my parser be aware of potential reapack tags for my own txt file format (my understanding is "yes", and I've potentially resolved this by considering that any line beginning with @ is a comment)?

2) There will be a large number of those files (100+), they're kind of a library. Using the uploader is not very convenient for that precise case (otherwise, it's an awesome tool!). So, I was thinking about a git fork + PR instead of using the uploader. Also, that would potentially allow me to run reapack-index on my own fork and test it before creating an official pull request that could be broken (one never knows, the probability to make a mistake is higher with so many files). I could also make use of the wildcard feature of the @provides functionnality, which is not possible through the uploader. So what's the policy of not using the uploader for the official repositories ? Is it ok, discouraged, not accepted ?

Ben
Talagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #825
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talagan View Post
I have two questions, probably for Christian. I have a jsfx (MIDI CC Mapper X) which is in the ReaTeam official repository, that I'm currently extending through some data files located in the <REAPER_RESOURCE>/Data/<JSFX_NAME> directory. These files are potentially editable/creatable/readable by a user, so they are written/generated in a custom ascii format.
One think to keep in mind is any edits made by a user will be lost when updating/reinstalling/uninstalling the package.

Quote:
The problem is that the txt extension is registered by reapack as "MIDI Notes Names", so as I understand, to avoid a clash during indexation and to avoid those files to be indexed as main packages, they need to be tagged with @noindex (the uploader gave me a hint about this). Just for confirmation : should my parser be aware of potential reapack tags for my own txt file format (my understanding is "yes", and I've potentially resolved this by considering that any line beginning with @ is a comment)?
@noindex is the usual way to handle this, but since this concerns a lot of files, configuring reapack-index to skip an entire folder is also an option.

This can be done by adding the following to the repository's .reapack-index.conf (assuming all the data .txt are stored in /MIDI/MIDI CC Mapper X/, regardless of their final install path):

Code:
--ignore "MIDI/MIDI CC Mapper X"
Quote:
2) There will be a large number of those files (100+), they're kind of a library. Using the uploader is not very convenient for that precise case (otherwise, it's an awesome tool!). So, I was thinking about a git fork + PR instead of using the uploader. Also, that would potentially allow me to run reapack-index on my own fork and test it before creating an official pull request that could be broken (one never knows, the probability to make a mistake is higher with so many files). I could also make use of the wildcard feature of the @provides functionnality, which is not possible through the uploader. So what's the policy of not using the uploader for the official repositories ? Is it ok, discouraged, not accepted ?
No issue whatsoever. (Wildcards are expanded to individual @provides lines when loading a package using them in the uploader.)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:36 AM   #826
Talagan

Quote:
One think to keep in mind is any edits made by a user will be lost when updating/reinstalling/uninstalling the package.
Ok! Had already that in mind, as long as user files can live side-by-side with the default library files, it's ok. The only potential issue could arise if reapack destroys and recreates the directories on revert/update (which would destroy the user files in the process). I'll do all the necessary tests anyway.

Quote:
@noindex is the usual way to handle this, but since this concerns a lot of files, configuring reapack-index to skip an entire folder is also an option.

This can be done by adding the following to the repository's .reapack-index.conf (assuming all the data .txt are stored in /MIDI/MIDI CC Mapper X/, regardless of their final install path):

Code:
--ignore "MIDI/MIDI CC Mapper X"
Awesome! Woah, this is *really* cool.

Quote:
No issue whatsoever. (Wildcards are expanded to individual @provides lines when loading a package using them in the uploader.)
Again, awesome. I'm impressed by the reliability and the richness of reapack and its side tools. So many cool options. I'll definitely work on a separate fork, test things thoroughly, until everything's up and running.

Thank you very much for your help and very fast answers!
Old 04-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #827
cfillion

Quote:
Ok! Had already that in mind, as long as user files can live side-by-side with the default library files, it's ok. The only potential issue could arise if reapack destroys and recreates the directories on revert/update (which would destroy the user files in the process). I'll do all the necessary tests anyway.
Any user-created files are left untouched. ReaPack only removes directories after removing a package's files if they are empty.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #828
Talagan

Quote:
Any user-created files are left untouched. ReaPack only removes directories after removing a package's files if they are empty.
Excellent. Thank you Christian!
Old 04-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #829
kudlatiy

Default Script: amagalma_Toggle show editing guide line on item under mouse cursor

@amagalma Super nice feature. Want some improvements to this: can you make it work in midi editor? It will be cool if it appearing when you move note edges.
kudlatiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #830
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudlatiy View Post
@amagalma Super nice feature. Want some improvements to this: can you make it work in midi editor? It will be cool if it appearing when you move note edges.

Thanks! New version shows guide line in Midi Editor too.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #831
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Thanks.
When using it with MIDI inline editor, could the guide line (optionally) go vertically over the whole arrange (rather than only current track as is now)?

This would be very handy for aligning MIDI to audio in other tracks.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=56357
Old 04-11-2020, 07:33 AM   #832
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Thanks.
When using it with MIDI inline editor, could the guide line (optionally) go vertically over the whole arrange (rather than only current track as is now)?

I have thought about adding a key that toggles between full size arrange height or item height but which key should it be? Because it would override the action defined in the Action List for that key by the user...

For the time being, I' ll make the line to have full arrange height whenever it is over an item with an open MIDI Inline Editor...

BTW, should we discuss it on a separate thread because it is not directly related to ReaPack?

I have added a helper script that toggles the size of the guide line between full or item's height.

Last edited by amagalma; 04-11-2020 at 11:40 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:44 AM   #833
kudlatiy

Quote:
Can I change colour of line? Also it have some freezes when vertical zooming.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:54 AM   #834
kudlatiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Thanks.

support this idea, it can be handy not only with inline editor but the whole arrange. I like how it implemented in cubase - it appears only while you push alt. can you make that please?
Old 04-12-2020, 02:22 AM   #835
mschnell

Christian, did you see this -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....&page=205#8165 ?

-Michael (reminder, as CSI is in Beta now, and the file format seems to be rather stable)

Last edited by mschnell; 04-12-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:31 AM   #836
GonZ

Default Script: amagalma_Create Impulse Response (IR) of the FX Chain of the selected Track

Hello. I think I'm doing something wrong because I always get and empty silence IR. Do I have to do something before run the script? Thanks!
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 04:42 AM   #837
amagalma

Quote:
Can I change colour of line? Also it have some freezes when vertical zooming.
Setting color of line has been added. I'll see what I can do with the freezes.
Freezes fixed. Thanks!

Quote:
support this idea, it can be handy not only with inline editor but the whole arrange. I like how it implemented in cubase - it appears only while you push alt. can you make that please?
You can assign it to any key you want and toggle it on and off by pressing the key once. If it was assigned to a modifier key like Alt then it would interfere with all reaper shortcuts that are assigned to that modifier. Plus, I think it is easier and less tiring to toggle on/off that keeping a key pressed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Hello. I think I'm doing something wrong because I always get and empty silence IR. Do I have to do something before run the script? Thanks!
Could you tell me the steps you do (or make a licecap)? What is your OS?

Last edited by amagalma; 04-12-2020 at 07:15 AM.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #838
GonZ

Quote:
Could you tell me the steps you do (or make a licecap)? What is your OS?
Sure! The steps I do:

1. I open a new empty track and load a reverb FX. In my tests, Raum from NI.
2. With the reverb bus selected, I run the script "amagalma_Create Impulse Response (IR) of the FX Chain of the selected Track".
3. In the floating window, I leave all as default and run it.
4. The output audio file is a silence audio file.

My OS is Windows 10 64 bits. If still needed, I can send to you a licecap. Please let me know.

Thanks for all.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:54 AM   #839
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Sure! The steps I do:

1. I open a new empty track and load a reverb FX. In my tests, Raum from NI.
2. With the reverb bus selected, I run the script "amagalma_Create Impulse Response (IR) of the FX Chain of the selected Track".
3. In the floating window, I leave all as default and run it.
4. The output audio file is a silence audio file.

My OS is Windows 10 64 bits. If still needed, I can send to you a licecap. Please let me know.

Thanks for all.

I just downloaded Raum demo and tried and I cannot reproduce (IR was created successfully). Can you send me a test project?
Old 04-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #840
GonZ

Quote:
I just downloaded Raum demo and tried and I cannot reproduce (IR was created successfully). Can you send me a test project?
I said Raum because it's the first I tried but I cannot get to work with any, I think. Maybe I'm setting something incorrectly. Anyway, I send the project where I'm testing it.

Thanks for your help, by the way!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ir_test.rar (16.0 KB, 248 views)