Old 01-26-2019, 04:05 AM   #1
mulb
Human being with feelings

Default Import of configuration does not work

Hello,

I have a problem to import a configuration file (in preferences/general). When I click to import, the dialogue explaining, that Reaper will restart, appears. After clicking ok, Reaper closes and nothing happens. The before choosen configuration file will not be loaded after reopening Reaper again.
mulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:25 AM   #2
cutnpaste
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulb View Post
Hello,

I have a problem to import a configuration file (in preferences/general). When I click to import, the dialogue explaining, that Reaper will restart, appears. After clicking ok, Reaper closes and nothing happens. The before choosen configuration file will not be loaded after reopening Reaper again.
I've used that before with no problems.
If you're trying to load a previous configuration then I assume you have issues with your system, if possible save the configuration file as you will most likely will be reinstalling reaper.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #3
dug dog

Interesting. That option has always worked for me but I thought I'd try it again right now to see what happens and I got the Windows message that "Reaper has stopped working" and then Reaper shut down.

However, when I reopened Reaper, the import config option seemed to work as always.

Additional info: Reaper had been sitting open on this computer since last night and the machine had been in sleep mode over night.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
mulb

Default Neither new configuration file neither formerly saved will be imported

Hello,

I want to import the configuration for I Logic Theme, what not works. But importing a formerly exported configuration does not work either.

There comes no message, nothing. Reaper simply shuts down.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
mulb

Default Problem solved

meanwhile I solved the problem:

The theme that I downloaded was uncomplete due to some internet error (I guess).
I installed Reaper on another machine of mine and it worked, as I did not use the first downloaded configuration file.
Then I tried again in my other computer. Did not work again, no message nothing. I guessed, it could be because of the first downloaded theme file. So I tested this first downloaded file in my new installation. It did not work there also, but this time, there appeared a warning, telling, that something in the file is missing.
In the end, I installed the later downloaded file on my old machine and now it works.

Bit complicated, my explanation, but I hope it may help for whom is in a similar situation.