Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-25-2023, 05:53 PM   #41
ArKaDaTa
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
That would be really cool!

Also, I noticed that the TCP send list items are taller than the tcp fx list items.
It's similar to the Default 6.0 for the TCP, but even if it's taller they remain aligned.

I did change the size on the MCP to make it a bit more consistent thought (and for better lisibility).
Old 01-25-2023, 08:30 PM   #42
DaniloVillanova

+1 on TCP FX on the right, it's the only nitpick I've got.
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 02:04 AM   #43
Bassman002

HI

Beautiful Theme! Thank you very much for that!

2 little things I changed for myself:

TCP IO and MCP IO
Hardly to see the difference between Green and Greyed Out on 4K so I gave it a bit more Contrast, yellow and blue too.

Gave the Orange Fader Orange instead of Brown

Uploaded it in my attachements.

All other stuff is great!

Thanks
Bassman

Last edited by Bassman002; 11-10-2023 at 05:48 AM.
Bassman002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:07 AM   #44
norbury brook

The theme looks great in the screen shots but is messed up if you use 150%, hence my comment bout the word 'centre' on the pan ...it's actuall cut off so you don't see the whole word.

200% is too big for me but 150% messes everything up.

M
Old 01-26-2023, 05:09 AM   #45
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
Americans spell it "center".
actually it's because it's cut off when you use the 150% option in the layout I've realised , lots of other things are actually too, hence mu post above.

M
Old 01-26-2023, 05:15 AM   #46
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
The theme looks great in the screen shots but is messed up if you use 150%, hence my comment bout the word 'centre' on the pan ...it's actuall cut off so you don't see the whole word.

200% is too big for me but 150% messes everything up.

M
150% should be done today, I'll push it alongside a few things and right-side FX on TCP
Old 01-26-2023, 05:19 AM   #47
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKaDaTa View Post
150% should be done today
cool beans

M
Old 01-27-2023, 03:38 AM   #48
ArKaDaTa

Updated to 6.73b

- Added 150% support (was tedious)
- Fixed dpi_translate for colored faders.
- Added support for TCP FX/Sends on the left/right sides.
- Minor color adjustments (sends/offline fx).

Zip file now includes 3 ReaperThemeZip : standard / tcp left side / tcp right side.

If you notice any images that's not aligned/that has hover issues, or any other visual bug (especially on 150% which I couldn't test thoroughly) don't hesitate to report back here and post screenshots. Even a button that's 1 pixel to the side, I'd fix it if I'd see it.

Current known issues at 150%

-The TCP solo button has a background issue (_ol files) that I couldn't resolve. It was either stretching the "S" or had the background issue depending on how I'd cut the image.
-FXParm knobs are not perfectly aligned when using Rightside/Leftside TCP Inserts version of the Theme (may fix it someday).

If anyone more knowledgeable with WALTER can take a look at the MCP code I'd like to fix the Folder Borders which I broke when I changed the spacing between VU meters channels for MCP/TCP →

reARK

1 pixel spacing felt more readable

But it introduced a misalignment of other elements on the MCP (black border on the leftside) ↓

Last edited by ArKaDaTa; 01-27-2023 at 04:29 AM.
ArKaDaTa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:32 AM   #49
sguyader

Your theme is getting better!
Thanks for implementing TCP list on the sides (actually I like it on the left too!).
Now there's a problem with the TCP sends list alignment, see image attached (using the show sends list form the theme adjuster). I think it's possible to put it the side, like the FX list, that would be awesome.

Last edited by sguyader; 01-18-2024 at 05:38 PM.
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:48 AM   #50
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguyader View Post
Your theme is getting better!
Thanks for implementing TCP list on the sides (actually I like it on the left too!).
Now there's a problem with the TCP sends list alignment, see image attached (using the show sends list form the theme adjuster). I think it's possible to put it the side, like the FX list, that would be awesome.
You can actually control that →

Here to add it alongside the FX inserts.

And then on the Theme Adjuster to hide it from below.

_____

If you were talking about the glitchy appearence of the send when split between two tracks (like shown on your screenshot), it happens on the Default 6.0 as well so i'm not sure I can do much about it.

Last edited by ArKaDaTa; 01-27-2023 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:26 AM   #51
DaniloVillanova

Amazing! TCP FX on the left looks better IMO! Also, only if using the left version you can see the FX when the track is minimized. This doesn't work in the right version.

Thanks for the amazing theme! It's my daily driver now.
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:42 AM   #52
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
Thanks for the amazing theme! It's my daily driver now.
I'm glad you like it. Hoping I can spend more time on Reaper for audio now so it can be my daily driver too XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniloVillanova View Post
Amazing! TCP FX on the left looks better IMO! Also, only if using the left version you can see the FX when the track is minimized. This doesn't work in the right version
I'll check what causes that behavior, it'd be great if the left version worked with "Extend Names" alignment from Theme Adjuster as well, it's breaking it currently, so I'll personnaly stick to right side.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:06 AM   #53
inthevoid

Amazing stuff can’t wait to get this new version into my DAW! Thanks ArKaDaTa
inthevoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:11 AM   #54
sguyader

Quote:
You can actually control that →

Here to add it alongside the FX inserts.
[img][/img]

And then on the Theme Adjuster to hide it from below.

[img][/img]

_____

If you were talking about the glitchy appearence of the send when split between two tracks (like shown on your screenshot), it happens on the Default 6.0 as well so i'm not sure I can do much about it.
Yes I already tried the Theme adjuster sends list "hide" and it's better indeed. I was indeed referring to the glitch appearance, I wasn't aware that it was already the case in de Default 6.0 theme.
Thanks!
sguyader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 02:13 PM   #55
Held

I was waiting for a fully featured theme with FX on the side in the TCP. And it looks great as well. I've used it for a while now and I love it. Thank you so much.
Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:04 AM   #56
norbury brook

nice theme.

opening old projects though and i can see my colour palate doesn't suit this as the colours are too dark to see black text on items. Does Reaper not change text to white if an item background becomes a certain darkness?

M
Old 01-30-2023, 02:26 AM   #57
luiza177

Really loving how this theme is turning out! Really looking forward to the Affinity project.

I wanted to bring to your attention that the Master TCP is currently broken (I've attached a picture)

And if I may, might I suggest that the FX insert colors for offline (blue) and bypassed (red) be switched or maybe have the offline be darker and/more muted, to make it more obvious?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.20.29 AM.png (64.3 KB, 136 views)
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:54 AM   #58
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiza177 View Post
Really loving how this theme is turning out! Really looking forward to the Affinity project.

I wanted to bring to your attention that the Master TCP is currently broken (I've attached a picture)

And if I may, might I suggest that the FX insert colors for offline (blue) and bypassed (red) be switched or maybe have the offline be darker and/more muted, to make it more obvious?
I'll check what I can do about the Master TCP, next update'll probably take a bit more time to come, may wait till 6.74. And I'll probably release the Affinity Template before..

For the FX colors, it's complicated, I have tried other options like grey/white for offline. I'll test your suggestion for a darker red but I think otherwise the best options are :

Bypass → Orange
Offline → Red

/

Bypass → Red
Offline → Blue

I like it blue because it's easy to spot and it has that 'cold' aspect of something offline. Which happens when you freeze a track for example. Well, that was my thoughts process atleast.
Old 01-30-2023, 08:41 AM   #59
luiza177

Orange (bypassed) and Red (offline) are pretty good options. Maybe not as instantly eye-catching, but definitely intuitive IMHO.

If you go that route, maybe you can transfer the blue color to FX Parameters, it makes it easier to see what's an insert and what's an FX param when they're close together in the TCP, or with the "Group FX Parameters with their inserts" option.

Regardless, great job on the theme as it is!
Old 01-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #60
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Orange (bypassed) and Red (offline) are pretty good options. Maybe not as instantly eye-catching, but definitely intuitive IMHO.

If you go that route, maybe you can transfer the blue color to FX Parameters, it makes it easier to see what's an insert and what's an FX param when they're close together in the TCP, or with the "Group FX Parameters with their inserts" option.

Regardless, great job on the theme as it is!
That's actually a neat idea. I'm gonna try this out
Old 01-30-2023, 09:24 AM   #61
Held

Quote:
Bypass → Red
Offline → Blue

I like it blue because it's easy to spot and it has that 'cold' aspect of something offline. Which happens when you freeze a track for example. Well, that was my thoughts process atleast.
At first, I found the choice odd to have offline in blue and bypass in red, but after further consideration, I like it.

For me, bypassing an effect is often a temporary situation, and forgetting to un-bypass it could be an issue. So it's good that bypassed FX are very noticable.

When I put an FX offline, it's usually because if frozen/rendered it, so there's no need to remain aware of its existence unless I want to change something, and then I can look for it easily.

So at least for my workflow, the current color choice is good
Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:07 PM   #62
luiza177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held View Post
At first, I found the choice odd to have offline in blue and bypass in red, but after further consideration, I like it.

For me, bypassing an effect is often a temporary situation, and forgetting to un-bypass it could be an issue. So it's good that bypassed FX are very noticable.

When I put an FX offline, it's usually because if frozen/rendered it, so there's no need to remain aware of its existence unless I want to change something, and then I can look for it easily.

So at least for my workflow, the current color choice is good
You know, after ArKaDaTa said to think of it as 'cold', it made sense to me and I actually started appreciating the color choice. Would still be cool to have a distinct FX param color though.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:44 AM   #63
norbury brook

if you come from Cubase though, Blue is the default colour for FX inserts so I'm uswd to blue meaning 'they're active'

I think the Orange and Red Idea is best

ymmv

M
Old 02-01-2023, 09:39 AM   #64
luiza177

Yeah... As I work, I keep thinking that my bypassed plugs are actually offline haha.

But more importantly, would it be possible to just increase the font size for the track names? I'm in 4k, and those are really small. I don't mind the plug-in names or really just about everything else being really small, but the track names really make it harder to work.

I'd attach a picture, but the forum's size constraints defeat the purpose.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:55 AM   #65
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Yeah... As I work, I keep thinking that my bypassed plugs are actually offline haha.

But more importantly, would it be possible to just increase the font size for the track names? I'm in 4k, and those are really small. I don't mind the plug-in names or really just about everything else being really small, but the track names really make it harder to work.

I'd attach a picture, but the forum's size constraints defeat the purpose.
It'd be great if I could check how it looks tho. I'm wondering if that may be a Mac issue ? I've had someone test it on Mac and he reported weird behaviors with fonts (which is weird since it's mostly Arial)

You can adjust the fonts in the Theme Config / Tweak menu from the actionlist, just search for "Fonts", Walter fonts 1-2-3+~ should be for 100%, the ones in the middle are for 150% and last ones are for 200%.
Old 02-01-2023, 12:53 PM   #66
ArKaDaTa

I've just updated the thread and website with the Affinity Designer template. Really wanted to get this out of the way as it's a huge time sink and I have to focus on something else.
Now atleast people can use it even if it's not as advanced as I would've liked it to be.

Hoping that will lead to more cool skins on Reaper 6. HF

Info and download can be found here : https://arkadata.com/reark-reaper-skin/template/
I'm afraid I don't have the time/courage to make a complete video tutorial yet, but I've included a wall of text about most of the things you should know.

Last edited by ArKaDaTa; 02-01-2023 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2023, 05:16 PM   #67
Alez156

Thank you so much! Just downloaded the template. Looks great!! Will put some time this weekend into it. Appreciate all the documentation and what you are doing~

Fantastic job, Arkadata! ❤️
Old 02-01-2023, 10:21 PM   #68
Sp1200

Really nice work. Thanks for this.
Sp1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:25 AM   #69
luiza177

Quote:
It'd be great if I could check how it looks tho. I'm wondering if that may be a Mac issue ? I've had someone test it on Mac and he reported weird behaviors with fonts (which is weird since it's mostly Arial)

You can adjust the fonts in the Theme Config / Tweak menu from the actionlist, just search for "Fonts", Walter fonts 1-2-3+~ should be for 100%, the ones in the middle are for 150% and last ones are for 200%.
It might be. I haven't yet tested this theme on my Windows PC. Here is the full size picture from the Mac.

Quote:
I've just updated the thread and website with the Affinity Designer template. Really wanted to get this out of the way as it's a huge time sink and I have to focus on something else.
Now atleast people can use it even if it's not as advanced as I would've liked it to be.

Hoping that will lead to more cool skins on Reaper 6. HF

Info and download can be found here : https://arkadata.com/reark-reaper-skin/template/
I'm afraid I don't have the time/courage to make a complete video tutorial yet, but I've included a wall of text about most of the things you should know.
Thank you so much for this!
Old 02-07-2023, 07:37 AM   #70
Kabraxis

Wow! That's some saint tier work!
I hope new Theme designers leverage this well
Kabraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:39 AM   #71
Ilia Tilev

Love the theme i did some edits for a better contrast:

Ilia Tilev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #72
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabraxis View Post
Wow! That's some saint tier work!
I hope new Theme designers leverage this well
Hopefully the template doesn't get lost, would love to see new themes made with its help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia Tilev View Post
Love the theme i did some edits for a better contrast:
Glad you found a way to make it work for you
Old 02-16-2023, 03:16 PM   #73
scdave

Default 4k

Hi mate!

First of all, wonderful theme. I dig it a lot! I really like how clean it is and the nested folders are fab. Being able to change a lot of things in the theme adjuster is always a nice bonus

That said, sadly I can't really use it as I have a 4k monitor. Reason being even at 200% on all the settings, the font size is way too small to read. I've tried to adjust this in preferences by making the overall size of reaper larger but alas the font size remains the same.

Here's a screenshot of reARK: https://i.imgur.com/2bWpeyq.png

and for comparison, this is HYDRA which I currently use as my daily: https://i.imgur.com/BgdhCrm.png

Even though there is only a slight different in size, it makes all the difference.

I'm not expecting you to completely overhaul everything just for hi-res bois like me but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

If there's a way to change the font size via the config, do let me know as I'd love to give it a proper whirl.

Cheers, and amazing work again!
scdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 03:50 PM   #74
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdave View Post
Hi mate!

First of all, wonderful theme. I dig it a lot! I really like how clean it is and the nested folders are fab. Being able to change a lot of things in the theme adjuster is always a nice bonus

That said, sadly I can't really use it as I have a 4k monitor. Reason being even at 200% on all the settings, the font size is way too small to read. I've tried to adjust this in preferences by making the overall size of reaper larger but alas the font size remains the same.

Here's a screenshot of reARK: https://i.imgur.com/2bWpeyq.png

and for comparison, this is HYDRA which I currently use as my daily: https://i.imgur.com/BgdhCrm.png

Even though there is only a slight different in size, it makes all the difference.

I'm not expecting you to completely overhaul everything just for hi-res bois like me but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

If there's a way to change the font size via the config, do let me know as I'd love to give it a proper whirl.

Cheers, and amazing work again!

This seems to be a Mac issue with the font I used, which is weird given that I tried using fonts that were native to both OS. I'll try to fix this whenever I'll do an update.

But if you want to fix that for yourself, Try changing the Walter fonts 10 to 16 on the Theme Config/Tweaker available in the actionlist, that's the fonts assigned for 200%.
Old 02-25-2023, 08:50 PM   #75
bountyshores

Amazing work, ArKaDaTa!

I'm on Mac and do have font size issue with 200% layout.
Although I'm not sure what some of them are assigned to, it's pretty fine now after I messed around with Walter font 10-16.

What are your choices of track colors for this theme? Those in the screenshots look nice!
bountyshores is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:10 AM   #76
X-Raym

Hi!

Thanks for sharing this,

I just wrote an article about this theme on ReaLinks.net to promote this project:

Cheers !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:02 AM   #77
ArKaDaTa

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Hi!

Thanks for sharing this,

I just wrote an article about this theme on ReaLinks.net to promote this project:

Cheers !
Very happy that the template is getting some recognition (maybe I should have made a separate thread for it).

Merci !
Old 03-15-2023, 02:47 AM   #78
SilenceBetweenWords

Awesome work ArkaDaTa.

I have looked at many themes, and never gotten comfortable with any. But I love this one. A great improvement on the default Reaper 6 theme.

Only 1 small bug I have found, and that is to do with color of markers in midi items. By default, they were set to purple which makes them hard to read. I have since changed them to black (see screenshot). However, the font is a bit Bold, not a showstopper, but would be nice it if wasn't,

Look forward to the icon updates !!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-03-15 204642.png (130.1 KB, 101 views)
SilenceBetweenWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:41 AM   #79
Tobbe

Excellent theme. Really, really like it. I'm a bit colorblind so this sharp. Dark-green, dark-brown, dark-blue, all pink and purple, all looks the same to me.

Many years ago when my dauther was around seven, eight something we went out to by some new close the her. I saw nice shirt and I thought it was white so I said - "What about this white shirt then?". She looked at me and said "Dad, this shirt is pink" (It must have been very, very, very light pink, to me it was white)
Old 03-19-2023, 07:57 AM   #80
dna598

Excellent theme. Thanks!

Hopefully it will replace smooth 6 for me.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote