Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
tunevault
Human being with feelings

Default Customizing and adding buttons to web control page

Just discovered that there are other web interfaces available e.g. fancier.html which is great. Just wondering if there are tutorials anywhere on modifying/customizing this before I start delving too far. I see it's easy enough to change what actions things are triggering e.g. I changed the undo/redo buttons so that they go to previous project tab/next project tab, but it I would like to add 4 or 5 buttons below the transport that run various actions. Also some sort of metering, even if it's laggy would be great, although I know that's more complex.

Also wondering in terms of creating new SVG graphics for the web interface, if there is a tool people commonly use to draw buttons/icons and create the SVG code.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

EDIT: I have figured out how to do most of what I wanted, I added a second row of buttons to fancier.html which go to previous and next project tab, toggle FX on/off for armed tracks, and toggle FX on/off for Master, which are the things I needed for my purposes. I created very bad SVG graphics using an online tool but there is probably a better way.

The one thing I can't figure out via the Reaper web API is how to get the current project name, as I'd like to either have it displayed on the interface or in a pop-up message when changing projects. My workaround for now has been to just include the project name in the name of the first track.

Last edited by tunevault; 05-06-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: More info
tunevault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 09:58 AM   #2
mcconnor
Human being with feelings

That looks just what I was searching for. Do you have your supercharged html uploaded somewhere to share? Greets
mcconnor is offline   Reply With Quote