Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 01-17-2023, 02:11 AM   #2281
pekki
Human being with feelings

big thanks for the icons man

I often put my RGB light behind the desk to violet/purple, so your pack is just... icing on my OCD!
pekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 12:24 PM   #2282
luiza177

Thank you so much for sharing!

I followed the instructions, and also did the rtconfig.txt mod. Something weird happened though: the circles representing empty FX slots are flattened (I'm in 4k) and some of the icons didn't get the new border. I can manually change them to the new border by selecting the same icon, but for whatever reason if I set the icon back to default, it'll go back to not having a border. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: png main toolbar.png (42.9 KB, 167 views)
File Type: png default smooth TCP.png (45.8 KB, 145 views)
File Type: png modded smooth TCP.png (47.0 KB, 147 views)
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 05:55 PM   #2283
Alez156

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiza177 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing!

I followed the instructions, and also did the rtconfig.txt mod. Something weird happened though: the circles representing empty FX slots are flattened (I'm in 4k) and some of the icons didn't get the new border. I can manually change them to the new border by selecting the same icon, but for whatever reason if I set the icon back to default, it'll go back to not having a border. Any ideas?

Hello! Okay so–

RE: RTconfig mod looks weird

I totally forgot to mention in the original post that I swapped those images since the knobs didn't make sense and looked weird.

I used these images, instead. So just drop these images inside the theme folder to replace the old ones. You can copy these into the 200 folder as well.

RE: Default icons go back to no border

This is because the theme is referencing first to the toolbar icons that are inside the theme. Which are the default ones (these have the original border baked in).

For this reason, I recommend to use the custom icons that you placed in "REAPER > Data > ToolbarIcons" for the borders to show up.

If you imported the green default icons, you can search for "green default grid" in the filter and that one should have borders.

---

Let me know if that helps! ��

Last edited by Alez156; 01-19-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Alez156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:24 AM   #2284
luiza177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
Hello! Okay so–

RE: RTconfig mod looks weird

I totally forgot to mention in the original post that I swapped those images since the knobs didn't make sense and looked weird.

I used these images, instead. So just drop these images inside the theme folder to replace the old ones. You can copy these into the 200 folder as well.
Sorry, I think the link is broken?

Quote:
RE: Default icons go back to no border

This is because the theme is referencing first to the toolbar icons that are inside the theme. Which are the default ones (these have the original border baked in).

For this reason, I recommend to use the custom icons that you placed in "REAPER > Data > ToolbarIcons" for the borders to show up.

If you imported the green default icons, you can search for "green default grid" in the filter and that one should have borders.

---

Let me know if that helps! 😊
That's the thing... I actually didn't import any of the new icons yet. That's why I'm wondering if there's some sort of bug. If I customize the icon to the *same* icon, the border works, but if I click "set icon to default" it goes back to the borderless one. In the "Select toolbar icon" browser thingy all icons (which are the stock Reaper ones) have the borders.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:24 PM   #2285
_Stevie_

@Alez156 Is it possible to change the color of text icons, as well to make them fit the icons?
Old 01-19-2023, 05:40 PM   #2286
Alez156

Quote:
Sorry, I think the link is broken?
Just fixed it, sorry! – I had put the wrong link.

Quote:

That's the thing... I actually didn't import any of the new icons yet. That's why I'm wondering if there's some sort of bug. If I customize the icon to the *same* icon, the border works, but if I click "set icon to default" it goes back to the borderless one. In the "Select toolbar icon" browser thingy all icons (which are the stock Reaper ones) have the borders.

Yes! I don't think it's a bug. That what I noticed it's how themes work.

When set to default, it goes back to the toolbar icon that is located inside the theme. And this one has the default border baked in. And by default it's borderless with the active state all green.

For that reason I suggest going full custom icons. Just use the icons from the set you imported into Data > Toolbar Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
@Alez156 Is it possible to change the color of text icons, as well to make them fit the icons?

Yes, great call!! I highly encourage setting this up

In REAPER,
1. Go to Actions menu and search for "Theme Tweak" and open the action "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window".
2. In the theme tweaker, search for "toolbar" and in here you can change the highlight color of "toolbar enabled text". Just grab the eye dropper and point it at one of the highlight colors to copy it.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:13 AM   #2287
_Stevie_

Quote:
Yes, great call!! I highly encourage setting this up

In REAPER,
1. Go to Actions menu and search for "Theme Tweak" and open the action "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration window".
2. In the theme tweaker, search for "toolbar" and in here you can change the highlight color of "toolbar enabled text". Just grab the eye dropper and point it at one of the highlight colors to copy it.

Brilliant, thanks Alez!
Old 01-22-2023, 04:00 AM   #2288
twarch

This theme is really nice, thanks ! Works great in 4k and 1080p but not with the 2k screen of my laptop (150% files are missing).
I'm trying some custom things and for the moment, just flattening the TCP, looks better for me. I will try to change mcp fader knobs, the meters colors (if it's not too hard to do)...

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture d’écran (80).png (53.7 KB, 1722 views)
twarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:28 AM   #2289
luiza177

Quote:
Yes! I don't think it's a bug. That what I noticed it's how themes work.

When set to default, it goes back to the toolbar icon that is located inside the theme. And this one has the default border baked in. And by default it's borderless with the active state all green.

For that reason I suggest going full custom icons. Just use the icons from the set you imported into Data > Toolbar Icons
I finally had the chance to try this. Thanks for sharing the images, that fixed the TCP weirdness.

I also conducted a test, I tried removing the files inside theme and seeing if that would make Reaper default to the same icons with the new borders (because I really wanted to avoid replacing icons one-by-one haha).

But that apparently that just reverts them to text icons. I figured I'd then manually pick the usual icon again, but apparently I can't. I realized then that those icons, such as the Ripple Off/Track/All, Project Properties, and Snap, don't exist in the REAPER/Data/toolbar_icons, but only inside the theme. In which case, I do think it's a bug that they don't just switch to the new border, since it does seem like you're picking again the same icon, and this time, it applies the new border.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:08 AM   #2290
_Stevie_

@Alez, I already mentioned this in your icon thread:

I guess the only way that would make it possible to release a mod is to create some kind of patcher, that the user will execute on his own drive.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with Homebrew, but there is an app called bsdiff that will create patches for differences in images:
https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/bsdiff
Old 01-22-2023, 08:42 AM   #2291
Alez156

Quote:
@Alez, I already mentioned this in your icon thread:

I guess the only way that would make it possible to release a mod is to create some kind of patcher, that the user will execute on his own drive.
I'm not sure how familiar you are with Homebrew, but there is an app called bsdiff that will create patches for differences in images:
https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/bsdiff

Ahhh, Stevie – that'd be smart!

I am afraid we'd still break b0se licensing terms, though. He has a list of images that can't be modified/distributed. And all my changes are images from that list.

"NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material."
Old 01-22-2023, 08:57 AM   #2292
_Stevie_

Quote:
Ahhh, Stevie – that'd be smart!

I am afraid we'd still break b0se licensing terms, though. He has a list of images that can't be modified/distributed. And all my changes are images from that list.

"NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material."
And that is the beauty of that approach, you don't distribute the material (images), only the changes you made. And the modification only happens on the computer, executed by the user.
Old 01-22-2023, 09:06 AM   #2293
twarch

How can I remove the color for highlighted tracks in MCP ?

Attached Images
File Type: png smooth_twarch.png (121.0 KB, 1720 views)
Old 01-22-2023, 01:57 PM   #2294
Jorock

Quote:
Originally Posted by twarch View Post
This theme is really nice, thanks ! Works great in 4k and 1080p but not with the 2k screen of my laptop (150% files are missing).
I'm trying some custom things and for the moment, just flattening the TCP, looks better for me. I will try to change mcp fader knobs, the meters colors (if it's not too hard to do)...

Can other users confirm… I’ve been running Smooth 6 flawlessly on a 1080p monitor as well as laptop (when on the go). But would love an upgrade on my desktop monitor. 4K has been discouraged based on my reading. Lots of DAW only people seem to prefer 1440p. Does Smooth 6 only work on 1080p and 4K?
Jorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:11 PM   #2295
inthevoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorock View Post
Can other users confirm… I’ve been running Smooth 6 flawlessly on a 1080p monitor as well as laptop (when on the go). But would love an upgrade on my desktop monitor. 4K has been discouraged based on my reading. Lots of DAW only people seem to prefer 1440p. Does Smooth 6 only work on 1080p and 4K?
I'm using it on 4K. However the font size and some UI elements are VERY small. 150% doesn't work and 200% is way too big for my needs. So I tweaked a few of the font sizes in the theme tweaker and a few UI elements in the rtconfig.txt just to make them slightly bigger.
inthevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 02:45 PM   #2296
twarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthevoid View Post
I'm using it on 4K. However the font size and some UI elements are VERY small. 150% doesn't work and 200% is way too big for my needs. So I tweaked a few of the font sizes in the theme tweaker and a few UI elements in the rtconfig.txt just to make them slightly bigger.
what are the elements that you have modified in the Rtconfig? At 150% my mixer is ugly... You can see in the screenshot below, the 4 tracks on the left are 150% DPI Translated and the two on the right are 200% layout (looks good but too big for my laptop).

(This is a modified smooth 6 but not in the rtconfig)

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture d’écran (4).png (64.9 KB, 1672 views)
Old 01-22-2023, 08:28 PM   #2297
Jorock

Quote:
what are the elements that you have modified in the Rtconfig? At 150% my mixer is ugly... You can see in the screenshot below, the 4 tracks on the left are 150% DPI Translated and the two on the right are 200% layout (looks good but too big for my laptop).

(This is a modified smooth 6 but not in the rtconfig)

Your faders are different. Are you sure you installed correctly? With everyone DIY’ing, it’s hard to tell what’s user error and what’s the fault of the theme code
Old 01-23-2023, 12:10 AM   #2298
twarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorock View Post
Your faders are different. Are you sure you installed correctly? With everyone DIY’ing, it’s hard to tell what’s user error and what’s the fault of the theme code
Yes I just changed the faders (and some other minor tweaks) but the original smooth 6 does the same. No problems @100% or @200% but my laptop screen is a 2K and need to be @150% to looks right.

EDIT: just add an image with the original theme

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture d’écran (7).png (129.1 KB, 1666 views)

Last edited by twarch; 01-23-2023 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:33 PM   #2299
Jorock

Quote:
Haihai! 👋
i’m back with the toolbar icons and the tutorial….. and a lot more! lol

Hope you enjoy 🥰
Hey @Alex156 just wanted to ask a question. I've installed the custom toolbar icons you've provided which I'm loving! When it comes to the custom icon for Ripple Editing, do you know how to get the icon to switch between the 3 different icons reflecting "ripple edit disabled" - "ripple edit on selected track" and "ripple edit on all tracks"?

Example:

Old 02-03-2023, 03:37 PM   #2300
_Stevie_

See here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=15
Old 02-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #2301
Jorock

Quote:
Ah gracias senior! I will dig into this further!
Old 02-04-2023, 09:37 PM   #2302
Alez156

Does anyone know how to add a separator TCP/MCP layout to this theme? 🤔

would be super cool to install one~
Old 02-05-2023, 02:07 AM   #2303
Tobbe

Quote:
Does anyone know how to add a separator TCP/MCP layout to this theme? 🤔

would be super cool to install one~
There is one already. In the theme zip file you have a folder "200/Separator", in there two images. I deleted the small square up to the right so there's only a dark grey image. In rtconfig.txt I added this to the mixer section:

Code:
Layout "Separator" "200/separator"
	clear mcp.*
	set mcp.size [20 0] 
	set mcp.extmixer.mode [1]
	set mcp.extmixer.position [0]
EndLayout
Works great

None for TCP just this for MCP
Old 02-05-2023, 04:18 AM   #2304
norbury brook

Quote:
Yes I just changed the faders (and some other minor tweaks) but the original smooth 6 does the same. No problems @100% or @200% but my laptop screen is a 2K and need to be @150% to looks right.

EDIT: just add an image with the original theme

I have exactly the same issue with this theme as both my laptop and desktop work best with 150% .

100% is too small and 200% is way too big.

M
Old 02-05-2023, 07:25 AM   #2305
Alez156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
There is one already. In the theme zip file you have a folder "200/Separator", in there two images. I deleted the small square up to the right so there's only a dark grey image. In rtconfig.txt I added this to the mixer section:

Code:
Layout "Separator" "200/separator"
	clear mcp.*
	set mcp.size [20 0] 
	set mcp.extmixer.mode [1]
	set mcp.extmixer.position [0]
EndLayout
Works great

None for TCP just this for MCP

Ahhh that looks so nice! – and yess. Totally forgot there's one for MCP. I was mainly looking one for the TCP though since I do most of my mixing in there, it'd be helpful to have.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:47 AM   #2306
mduque

Hi b0se.

I would like to have a very small variation of Smooth 6 theme. I can pay for this. I just need the selected track to be slightly more light in color.

Could you make it?

Regards,
mduque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:27 AM   #2307
luiza177

Quote:
First off, this looks amazing! I'm curious about your icons though. Especially what looks like toolbar icon separators. How did you make those?
Old 02-08-2023, 03:14 AM   #2308
Tobbe

Quote:
First off, this looks amazing! I'm curious about your icons though. Especially what looks like toolbar icon separators. How did you make those?
Thanks,

The toolbar separators are and indeed a png image i get from one of the themes, don't remember which one - - MyTaste or YuriOI Color theme. Anyways so in Action list look for No-op(no action) and add that between any icon and right click and pick this one. You need to copy it to Reaper/Data/toolbar_icons folder first. That's it!

Rock On!
Attached Images
File Type: png toolbar_z_separator_dots.png (566 Bytes, 97 views)
Old 02-08-2023, 05:21 AM   #2309
luiza177

Quote:
Thanks,

The toolbar separators are and indeed a png image i get from one of the themes, don't remember which one - - MyTaste or YuriOI Color theme. Anyways so in Action list look for No-op(no action) and add that between any icon and right click and pick this one. You need to copy it to Reaper/Data/toolbar_icons folder first. That's it!

Rock On!
Really cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 02-10-2023, 09:41 AM   #2310
arjunned

Quote:
Ahhh that looks so nice! – and yess. Totally forgot there's one for MCP. I was mainly looking one for the TCP though since I do most of my mixing in there, it'd be helpful to have.
Hey, Alejandro.

Here's what I'm using for the TCP.

Code:
Layout "Separator" "Separator"
		clear tcp.*
		set tcp.size [20 10 10 1]
	EndLayout

EndLayout
arjunned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:47 PM   #2311
Alez156

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunned View Post
Hey, Alejandro.

Here's what I'm using for the TCP.

Code:
Layout "Separator" "Separator"
		clear tcp.*
		set tcp.size [20 10 10 1]
	EndLayout

EndLayout
Thank you so much, Arjunned!!

aaa I love this forum.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:54 PM   #2312
CDS

Don't know what is great about this mod.

Last edited by Ollie; 02-18-2023 at 09:55 AM. Reason: removed full quote
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:54 AM   #2313
_Stevie_

I don't know what is great about this post. Maybe that you quoted that whole description just for posting one sentence?
But thanks for your helpful feedback.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:14 AM   #2314
Artsite

Quote:
I don't know what is great about this post. Maybe that you quoted that whole description just for posting one sentence?
But thanks for your helpful feedback.
+1 No comment about that.
Old 02-18-2023, 07:53 AM   #2315
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
;
Don't know what is great about this mod.
thank you for your valued feedback
Old 02-18-2023, 10:01 AM   #2316
benf

Tastes and colours are not up to debate...
Old 02-24-2023, 01:42 PM   #2317
matthamilton72

Default Smooth Assembly 6 Issue/Error Question

When I try to open a template I made using Smooth Assembly 6, it says it cannot find the file:

/Users/matt/Downloads/Smooth_Assembly_6.reaperthemezip/Smooth_Assembly_6.reaperthemezip/transport_status_bg_err.png

I have tried re-installing to no avail. Any idea what is causing this?
matthamilton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #2318
dsyrock

Smooth6 in v6.76 can not zoom in vertically. You should open the rtconfig.txt file, find "tcp_heights", you will find two "61" after it. Change the first one to a smaller number, 48 for example, then refresh the theme.
dsyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #2319
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsyrock View Post
Smooth6 in v6.76 can not zoom in vertically. You should open the rtconfig.txt file, find "tcp_heights", you will find two "61" after it. Change the first one to a smaller number, 48 for example, then refresh the theme.
Good spot! I can confirm this removes a kind of "jolting to a stop" when using mouse vertical scroll wheel zoom.
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:34 AM   #2320
citizenkeith

On this Bandcamp Friday, maybe it’s a good time to donate to b0se for his work on this theme.

https://rozko.bandcamp.com/

And maybe that will get his attention.
citizenkeith is online now   Reply With Quote