Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 01-14-2023, 06:03 AM   #1
Tagirijus
Human being with feelings

Default Transition / overlay of two different dimensions problem (SOLVED)

Hey there,

I found out a tiny annoying thing when editing videos in Reaper: if you want to do a fade / transition / overlay of two videos, it seems that the bigger sized video gets sized down for the fade. For example I have some tiny screencap with the dimensions of 240x134 and underlaying is a bigger video with the dimensions of 960x540. I added video processors in every land with the preset "Item fades affect video" (but I tried other things as well, btw!). Then I first have the bigger video and later the tiny video fades in. See the example GIF what happens:

As you can see the bigger video suddenly gets pixelated on the fade start. I assume it is since it gets sized down for the fade, while the tiny video is "sized up" to fit the end-dimensions of the video, I guess.

Is there any way around so that bigger videos get not sized down for such a fade or overlay?

Thanks for any help here! Much appreciated. (=

Last edited by Tagirijus; 01-14-2023 at 06:09 AM.
Tagirijus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 06:09 AM   #2
Tagirijus
Human being with feelings

Rubber duck debugging for the win, haha! It seems like I found the solution. You have to set up a fixed preferred video size in the Project settings and then enable "Always resize video sources to preferred video size"

Hope this might help others as well!