Old 10-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
pepe44
Human being with feelings

Default ReaComp Stereo Link

+Add extra feature on ReaComp for Stereo link

Why ?

Keeps compression more natural on stereo sources (drums for example) if needed.
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Bombs'n'Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
+Add extra feature on ReaComp for Stereo link
+1

I know that link/unlink could be achieved by doubling the instances of ReaComp and setting the pin connectors accordingly. However, I and probably many other users often use setups which already require two instances of ReaComp.
Stereo link/unlink via pins would thus have me need to use 4 instances on a single stereo bus track with such aforementioned setups. On larger bus routing arrangements it would be very handy to have, say, only 12 ReaComps total instead of 24.

So, yeah, +1 for the implementation of a dedicated stereo link/unlink button or slider.
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs'n'Away View Post
+1

I know that link/unlink could be achieved by doubling the instances of ReaComp and setting the pin connectors accordingly. However, I and probably many other users often use setups which already require two instances of ReaComp.
Stereo link/unlink via pins would thus have me need to use 4 instances on a single stereo bus track with such aforementioned setups. On larger bus routing arrangements it would be very handy to have, say, only 12 ReaComps total instead of 24.

So, yeah, +1 for the implementation of a dedicated stereo link/unlink button or slider.
Thanks. Yes. indeed this should be a nice feature. The main problem is that reaper stock plugins are in fact made by stillwell long time ago, they are not open source and we have to live it has it is because no one aside from the cockos devs can touch them...im afraid.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:10 PM   #4
Philbo King

I was under the impression it is already stereo linked by default. Easy enough to test: feed it a mono test tone via side chain input 3 only, and see if it ducks both channels.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post
I was under the impression it is already stereo linked by default. Easy enough to test: feed it a mono test tone via side chain input 3 only, and see if it ducks both channels.
im asking for a stereo link switch option. So you can unlink the stereo for the compression if needed.
Right now its stereo linked only.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
Judders

Stereo link % knob would be even better!

It's something I love about API 2500 plugins (not had the pleasure of using a real one). The ability to twist it until you hit just the right sweet spot of movement without messing up the centre image is very nice to have.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:17 AM   #7
pepe44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Stereo link % knob would be even better!

It's something I love about API 2500 plugins (not had the pleasure of using a real one). The ability to twist it until you hit just the right sweet spot of movement without messing up the centre image is very nice to have.
Indeed my friend! The best emulation IMO is the UAD API 2500 ..