Old 08-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #41
Snap
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
.....and will release the update tomorrow evening.

Best,
Klinke
Great!!!!! Thanks so much.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #42
Snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke
And i have a lot of other project ideas which are compete against the multi MCU support. So i want to be sure that there are many users which find this feature a must. And a good way to express this need, is a promise to donate. ;-)
Dann verspreche ich das mal hiermit :-)

(So I'll promise that - (for the non-Germans))
Prometido!

(Promised! - (For the non Spanish))
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #43
nofish

Great news (regarding the bugfix update) !
Also looking forward to it.

Thanks Klinke.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #44
Klinke

Default v0.8.0.1

I have just uploaded a new version:

v0.8.0.1
~~~~~~~~
- Fixed a compatibility problem with other extensions
- Update of show/hide tracks in mixer (e.g. when the Adjust Mixer option was used) didn't work
- Changing the MCU Set in the Track settings editor didn't update the MCU state immediately
- Store Loop or Time Selection as Regions could crash Reaper4
- After selecting a FX sometimes the FX selection display still was shown
- Adjust TCP will not touch the track height anymore (i will try to improve this later)

You can download the complete archive with manual, maps etc. using the link from the first post (http://tinyurl.com/6664hym) or just the dll (nothing else has changed).

32bit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...mcu_klinke.dll

64bit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...klinke_x64.dll

Have fun,
Klinke
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 AM   #45
nightscope

Thanks, Klinke.

The downloads in this page work fine, but the link from the stash is not working. Corrupt file or something.

Hope your wound is better.

ns
nightscope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Thanks, Klinke.

The downloads in this page work fine, but the link from the stash is not working. Corrupt file or something.

Hope your wound is better.

ns
I downloaded the http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...mcu_klinke.zip (= http://tinyurl.com/6664hym) archive and unzipped it on three different machines without problems. Does someone else have this problem?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #47
yagonnawantthatcowbell

I am drooling for the days when I had a PC...
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #48
airon

Quote:
I downloaded the http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...mcu_klinke.zip (= http://tinyurl.com/6664hym) archive and unzipped it on three different machines without problems. Does someone else have this problem?
No problems. Unpacked this with Total Commander, which has a vanilla unziper built in.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #49
musicbynumbers

Anyone here with two MCUs that want to help pay for another MCU for klinke to convince him to add support for more than one?

(Seriously)
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #50
nightscope

Quote:
The link from the stash page,

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/3558/reaper...mcu_klinke.zip

gives an error every time.

The link from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...mcu_klinke.zip is fine.

ns

PS Maybe that's the remains of the old one. My mistake.
nightscope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #51
Klinke

Ah, okay. I uploaded a text-file that contains only the same information as the description text, but the file-ending gets changed automatically to .zip every time.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
nofish

Hi Klinke,

just wanted to confirm that the compatibility issue I reported didn't show up again with the new version so far.

Thank you.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #53
AndyW

Location: now i live in Germany, but i am original from Czech Republic
Default Hi

Hi, i am one of the BCF2000 user, and i decided (and already started) prepare some sheet with detailed map of all futures available from BCF2000 with Mackie Control Klinke.
I spent some time with it and of course i read this tread http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=127 and Klinke manual but i still cant found some things.

For the begin i have two questions.
1, is it exists way for BCF2000 users, how to show only track in mixer, which is available from actual page from surface ? i have read in Klinke manual, about setting for it, but it seems, this settings are directly in mcu not in reaper. but maybe i didn't understand well (i am not native speaker).
2, how can i map pots to the virtual synth. I found some possibility, which automatically mapped all faders to all parameters. but not pots. i found also possibility swap faders and pots for reverse functionality, but in this mode it didn't work. Only possible was delete mapping for pots from actions list and then remap it to the parameter in virtual synth manually, but its not much comfortable. if i didnt delete it from action list, it didn't work.

thanks a lot.
after i finish it, i of course share it for others in editable open office format and in jpeg format.
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #54
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
1, is it exists way for BCF2000 users, how to show only track in mixer, which is available from actual page from surface ? i have read in Klinke manual, about setting for it, but it seems, this settings are directly in mcu not in reaper. but maybe i didn't understand well (i am not native speaker).
As far as i know, the BCF2000 doesn't have the OPTION modifier button. But you can use your keyboard modifier instead, but therefore you must enable the "Use keyboard modifier" option in the Control Surface Settings. Afterwards, when you can press the right Alt key (which emulates the OPTION button of the MCU), the display just show the Main Options of the actual Channel Strip mode. And when you first press&hold Shift and the right Alt key, the Display should show the 2nd Options page. In your case, you need to modify the Adjust TCP options, which is part of the 2nd Option page, so press&hold Shift and the right Alt key, while you are in the Pan or Action-Mode. Then press or rotate the third or forth VPOT till Mixer is shown below the Adjust Mixer.

Quote:
2, how can i map pots to the virtual synth. I found some possibility, which automatically mapped all faders to all parameters. but not pots. i found also possibility swap faders and pots for reverse functionality, but in this mode it didn't work. Only possible was delete mapping for pots from actions list and then remap it to the parameter in virtual synth manually, but its not much comfortable. if i didnt delete it from action list, it didn't work.
The VPots and Faders are used for different types of parameters in the plug maps (VPots for parameters with a limited number of values, like the Waveform type), so swapping Faders and VPots doesn't make sense in the mode.

To open the (Parameter) Mapping editor, you must press the Alt-key on your keyboard and the button on your BCF that you also use to switch to the FX-Mode. After you open the editor, you should check the tooltips of the editor and maybe read section 7.4.4 of the manual again.

If you still have question, just ask, i will try my best to help you (but i will be offline the next week, starting this saturday).
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #55
AndyW

thanks a lot.
I only didn't understand i can also call the setting windows in your manual, i though is part of mackie control, but its part of your library, now is perfect clear for me.
I will try continue with creating mapping sheet and then post it.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #56
KevinW

Quote:
thanks a lot.
I only didn't understand i can also call the setting windows in your manual, i though is part of mackie control, but its part of your library, now is perfect clear for me.
I will try continue with creating mapping sheet and then post it.
Are you looking for some sort of overlay? Maybe like this?
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...80&postcount=1

This one is for the Sonar emulation mode. I have switched to Cubase emulation mode, and have an overlay for that if you're interested. It's very similar.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #57
AndyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Are you looking for some sort of overlay? Maybe like this?
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...80&postcount=1

This one is for the Sonar emulation mode. I have switched to Cubase emulation mode, and have an overlay for that if you're interested. It's very similar.
Thanks a lot. this helps, but i want do it more complex, not overlay, but map for all the functionality that is possible in all modes. It started be little bit huge, because is more layers in all modes, so its not possible just create overlay.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #58
AndyW

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...798#post791798
Old 08-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #59
reeper

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...nke_manual.pdf

link no workee
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #60
AndyW

i have one question, how i can atach name/values from the bcf2000? i can not found how i start global action dialogs.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #61
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Upps, i have fixed it now.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #62
Klinke

Quote:
i have one question, how i can atach name/values from the bcf2000? i can not found how i start global action dialogs.
I'm not sure, but i think there is no corresponding button on the BCF.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #63
AndyW

Quote:
I'm not sure, but i think there is no corresponding button on the BCF.
i think it is not. i tried different combinations of different keys, but nothing.
what about implement this as shortcut from normal keyboard ? or trigger it from different button, i found on bcf some possible buttons and buttons combinations without action. i can look to the midi monitor what those buttons send and write it you (but i don't now, if it working on normal midi messages, or sysex or something else ?). (i think, if will be possible some remap for bcf users, we will not need normal keyboard anymore (this can be nice)
there is second possibility, i can wrote some program for messages translation between reaper and bcf (with usage some virtual midi driver), so user can send what he want from any button combination. but in this case, i need complete specification of the messages, that sent original mcu and of course, that are send back. this can be really usefully. i can connect it with huskervu display, that i want resurrect.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #64
AndyW

any way, i am software developer, on dot net platform, and in past i did some similar thing for my private use. VST display, which aggregated messages from different midi controllers, show what was in some configuration and translated this messages for the virtual instruments (i have it connected in plogue bidule), so i have some experience with this.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #65
Klinke

You can find the documentation of the MCU MIDI-messages here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2029458/Reap...tton_defines.h

And if you want, i can send you also the whole source-code (i still plan to upload it to Git anyway, i just havn't found the time to prepare the files and learn to use git).

But if it's only necessary to redirect one or two buttons, i can add this directly to the extension.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #66
AndyW

can you please for now add the normal keyboard shortcut for button "name/values " if will be "use keyboard modifier" in setting of plugin selected ?
i don't know which button you can use for it, because many of buttons has some functionality in REAPER already, but i am sure we can found some available.
I check the material that you linked and send you my email by pm, for source code. i can manage the git, if you want. next week i will have time.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #67
AndyW

Default To BCF2000 users

i found the modifiers keys (thank to Klinke, sheet with midi really helped)
i found it now for cubase mode
shift modifier - shift2 + preset <
option modifier - shift2 + preset >
alt modifier - shift2 + top right button 1st row
control modifier -shift2 + top right button 2st row

unfortunately it doesn't exist "name/values" but is possible remap another to transmit it, you need midi virtual patch cable, only problem is, that midi yoke doesn't work in reaper 4 64, but its possible use loopmidi from http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/Welcome.html

Last edited by AndyW; 08-11-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #68
musicbynumbers

Not sure if this is what you mean buy you can open the fx editor or action editor on bcf2000 by holding the real keyboard's alt key and then the bcf button to show fx or actions.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #69
AndyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Not sure if this is what you mean buy you can open the fx editor or action editor on bcf2000 by holding the real keyboard's alt key and then the bcf button to show fx or actions.
i know, you can also use normal keyboard, but i found the modifier also in bcf2000 itself, but the "name/value" button not, and this button show "global actions" names, and if want set this names, you can use this button with alt key, but this button on bcf is not mapped in any key combination, as i checked yesterday. so there is work around. what yo mean are not global actions, but actions only, read the Klinke manual.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #70
darbles

Quote:
Anyone here with two MCUs that want to help pay for another MCU for klinke to convince him to add support for more than one?

(Seriously)
if this is still current, then yes.

Seriously

should also mention - I've not got multiple mcu's, but do have extenders...

Last edited by darbles; 08-12-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: forgot to mention extenders
darbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #71
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbles View Post
if this is still current, then yes.

Seriously

should also mention - I've not got multiple mcu's, but do have extenders...
it is

if we can get enough people to buy Klinke a secondhand Mackie MCU (or extender) he said (hope it's still valid) he would add the code to have back what we had in version 7 which was multiple MCUs/extenders or BCF2000s.

if we can get 10 people it would make it not too much money, I've seen them go for about £200 in the UK about a year ago (the old ones) but perhaps now they have gone up again.

EDIT: just looked and it's hard to find one at the moment it seems or would you consider a BCF as a sidecar/extender instead? much cheaper! (or the money)
Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #72
BrufordRules

Default Klinke 0.8.0.1 shortcuts

Hi everyone,

I have installed 0.8.0.1 version with Reaper 4.01 (x64) and I would like to know how could I get the whole shortcuts list? Are the same that in 0.4 version posted on this thread ( http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=41891 ) ?

I am using it with and Android app called TouchDAW which is really cool but with some limitations. Could I change some shortcuts at my taste? Any other TouchDAW users with Klinke and Reaper? Please, share your comments.

Thank you so much in advance.

This is what TouchDAW developer says about using it with Reaper

The Mackie implementation in Reaper is incomplete and TouchDAW can not fix this. Please keep that in mind should you feel the need to send complaints in our direction.
There is an MCU plugin coming with the DAW, Windows users may want to install the MCU_Klinke plugin from stash.reaper.fm and use that instead. It goes much further. TouchDAW will detect the Klinke plugin during its initialization sequence (when the "NC" display is pressed), alternatively switch to the "Send" editor, Reaper's return will tell the app that it works with the extension.

Known issues with the standard MCU plugin:
- No other editors than basic Pan are implemented
- flipping does not properly work and therefore is disabled
- Reaper has the nasty habit to select multiple tracks via MIDI and then have one fader control them all in a weird relative
fashion. TouchDAW will attempt to reduce the selection to the current track, but that may occassionally go wrong and you may have to reset the selection using encoders in selection mode (or the mouse).

Known issues with the MCU_Klinke extension:
- No zero-reset for level meters
- Initial reset may occassionally not go to channel 1 but stop at channel 2 (use shift and down navigation to move the channel block down entirely)
- Somewhat enigmatic control assignments and display updates with plugins. REAPER may occassionaly go berserk in plugin editor and send endless repetitions of useless data at high frequency. When requesting the plugin editor for a channel that has no plugin set, weird things may happen.

- Both plugins may at any time stop sending name and parameter strings when using loopback drivers, this is probably a problem between those drivers and the DAW itself.
- Reaper uses a number of time formats that are not defined with the Mackie protocol. There is no clear format indication unless the time format is SMPTE (H:M:S:F in Reaper). Timecode displays may not update or not be formatted correctly with the alternative formats and switching formats via MIDI may cause enigmatic behaviour
Old 08-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #73
steveo42

Quote:
it is

if we can get enough people to buy Klinke a secondhand Mackie MCU (or extender) he said (hope it's still valid) he would add the code to have back what we had in version 7 which was multiple MCUs/extenders or BCF2000s.

if we can get 10 people it would make it not too much money, I've seen them go for about £200 in the UK about a year ago (the old ones) but perhaps now they have gone up again.

EDIT: just looked and it's hard to find one at the moment it seems or would you consider a BCF as a sidecar/extender instead? much cheaper! (or the money)
Mackie should be loaning him one for free because he is doing what they should be doing.

Reaper is becoming HUGE and support for the MCU and other control surfaces is a big thing, especially in the mid range sized studios. Someone over on the Mackie Forums (mostly dead BTW) is asking about Reaper support.

For all of it's faults, the MCU really is a great device and with the klinke plugin it comes alive under Reaper.

It's Studio One support is terrible but it does work very well under Cubase, Sonar and supposedly Logic.
steveo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #74
AndyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo42 View Post
Mackie should be loaning him one for free because he is doing what they should be doing.

Reaper is becoming HUGE and support for the MCU and other control surfaces is a big thing, especially in the mid range sized studios. Someone over on the Mackie Forums (mostly dead BTW) is asking about Reaper support.

For all of it's faults, the MCU really is a great device and with the klinke plugin it comes alive under Reaper.

It's Studio One support is terrible but it does work very well under Cubase, Sonar and supposedly Logic.
i though about buy one of the mackie sound card, but lack of support, almost after one and half year this device started support win7 64, and still (as i read) doesn't work perfectly, so i decided for another device. mackie looks as company that will not care customers really.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #75
darbles

Quote:
I second that.

They should be paying him as well
Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #76
Klinke

I will be in vacation next the week and have no time to answer the questions/comment the new postings before (the train is leaving in two hours). Sorry.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #77
musicbynumbers

Quote:

Indeed!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #78
yagonnawantthatcowbell

Quote:
it is

I have no use for multiple MCUs at the moment, but would be willing to donate some $ for this and some $$$ to get this working on OSX

Klinke, how much would it take to make an OSX version worth your while?
yagonnawantthatcowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #79
darbles

Default mcu calibration out in reaper 4.01???

before I raise a bug report, has anyone else here with an MCU found that the calibration is now off when using reaper 4?

0dB on the reaper mixer channels seems to be translating to about -6dB across the board on the mackie now, regardless of whether I'm using klinke's plugin, or the built in control surface driver... things...

and the fader behaviour / scaling seems to be out as well...

???
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #80
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbles View Post
before I raise a bug report, has anyone else here with an MCU found that the calibration is now off when using reaper 4?

0dB on the reaper mixer channels seems to be translating to about -6dB across the board on the mackie now, regardless of whether I'm using klinke's plugin, or the built in control surface driver... things...

and the fader behaviour / scaling seems to be out as well...

???
Reaper 4 has changed the mixer scale to go up to +24dB (or similar high value). Anyways the option is in preference / appearance / VUmeter/faders, change the max value to +12dB.

I don't see the point of going to +24 in the first place, just means your input has been recorded too low, or that you are mixing too loud. Last resort is to normalize your item if you really need some extra gain.