Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
357mag
Human being with feelings

Default Is there a way to do this using a delay?

Okay I came up with an idea for an intro for a song I'm writing. I'll try to explain this so you understand. It's fairly simple really. Basically I want to play a 3 note lick and then have that lick echoed. Then I will continue with the idea in sequence until I'm done. The way I have recorded it currently is I played each lick at the proper position within the bar using two tracks and then panned them. When you listen to the file at soundclick you should get the idea of what I want.

What I would like to really try though is using a delay to do the repeat. But the problem is after I got the delay time set to where the repeat was sounding where I wanted it kept repeating and repeating. Which I guess is understandable since that is what delays do. But my question is if there is someway to use a delay to get the repeat only once and then no more for that lick.

So for example if the intro lick starts with E-Eflat-E then the delay would only echo it once E-Eflat-E. You would not hear any more echos on that lick at all.

I tried recording each lick on it's own track thinking it would work but it didn't cuz as soon as you put the delay on a track it there is nothing to shut the delay off after you have it echo the lick once.

Here is the link to the file as it currently stands so you get an idea of what I want it to sound like:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=931224
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
dub3000
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
What I would like to really try though is using a delay to do the repeat. But the problem is after I got the delay time set to where the repeat was sounding where I wanted it kept repeating and repeating. Which I guess is understandable since that is what delays do. But my question is if there is someway to use a delay to get the repeat only once and then no more for that lick.
set feedback to 0%, 50/50 wet/dry balance (so delay is same volume as original). should work fine.
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote