Old 06-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Bluzzi
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer X-Touch One

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...r-by-touch-one

Totally new to Reaper and this product is also new (not available yet actually). Looks like a close clone the Presonus Faderport.

Just wondering how easy and bugfree Presonus or the Behringer X-Touch controllers are with reaper.

Is it just a matter of pluggin a USB cable into the PC or is there more setup to do then that?

Cheers

Jim
Bluzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
mykrobinson

Following. This looks like a nice controller. Even has Reaper stick on templates for it

mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
Bluzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
Following. This looks like a nice controller. Even has Reaper stick on templates for it

Your right! I hadn't noticed it.

Seems to have more buttons than the Faderport. But I wonder if they all work?

Cheers

Jim
Old 06-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
mschnell

Regarding the picture they seem to have tested it with Reaper.

Reaper provides MCU mode for DAW surfaces out of the box, but other modes can be added,

Supposedly the One can work in MCU mode, and it's firmware maybe provides option settings according to the pictured sheets (hence including Reaper). Or maybe they provide some thing to be loaded in the target DAW (including Reaper) to support the One.

Additionally, Geoff is working on a versatile Reaper Extension supposed to support a wide range of surfaces and user defined workflows.

In fact I am considering adding a One to the Behringer X-Touch Compact I own right now.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:35 AM   #5
G-Sun

This looks very interesting.
I'd not be surprised to see this one becoming the most popular control surface for Reaper.

Clearly builds on the Presonus Faderport,
but seems to (finally) address some of it's shortcomings.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
Bluzzi

Not sure what the Presonus shortcomings are but I assume it does not function 100% with Reaper. I'll be waiting for the Behringer unit to come out to see if integrates better if that is the case.

There may be something the Behringer can do that the Presonus won't.

It should be available shortly and I am sure there will be a few here that will beat me to it.

Cheers

Jim
Old 09-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #7
Bobcat

Default This is my second X-Touch One with the same defect - No button back lights

I sent back the X-Touch and received another having the same problem. Before I send this one back for a refund I thought I would ask is this a known problem? I know one known problem: tech support at Behringer is absolutely a mess.

The problem: I have X-Touch connected to Reaper with all of the buttons I've assigned working. I set the controller setup to Reaper. So I am connected via USB. Why don't the buttons nor the display light up? The lights are good for: scrub wheel, LCD screen and when you press the Master button - but nothing else lights up - but the buttons I've assigned respond to Reaper. Remember, this is my second new unit. Two out of 2 have this identical problem. The Zzounds folks are not familiar with this surface controller so they are of no help.

I created a tech support ticket on Behringer which the auto response stated, "Will respond the next business day. After waiting 5 days the response I got was, "Did you connect the unit to power?" From the way it was written, looks like the tech support was from India .

Any responses appreciated.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:19 AM   #8
themixtape

Mine's fine. I updated the firmware to 1.07 and no issues whatsoever. The mode you might be in though is Midi CC or CCRel mode.... double-check.

you can hold the STOP button and hit the encoder top and it lets you pick the mode you're in.

For Reaper, use either Mackie Standard or Mackie Reaper.

Works just fine.

And yes, Behringer's tech support is shite. And what's worse, their forum/community/Music Tribe thing is the WORST DESIGNED WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Forum? Not much of one.

This? Thank god for this forum, and its design. Behringer needs to stick with something that has worked for many years-- this type of forum. Their forum is seriously the crappiest, most terribly functional website I have ever had the displeasure to not find anything I need. The only way to find drivers/manuals for stuff is literally to google it and hope for the best.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:20 AM   #9
Bobcat

Thank you themixtape for your assistance. I did state that I have Reaper working and the mode is for Reaper. The mode nor MIDI CC has nothing to do with the button and screen not lighting up. Two out of two having the same problem.

bc
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
Gadd23

Follow track selection in DAW works for me now. I select "MC Std" mode in XT1 an Mackie Control Universal in Control Surfaces in Reaper.

Firmware 1.07
Gadd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:43 AM   #11
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadd23 View Post
Follow track selection in DAW works for me now. I select "MC Std" mode in XT1 an Mackie Control Universal in Control Surfaces in Reaper.

Firmware 1.07
Hi
can you also control the plugin with this configuration?

TX!
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote