Old 08-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #1
Alcat1
Human being with feelings

Default Reverb Preset Plugins

I'm not a Newbie per se, but I'm somewhat limited in how deeply I've delved into Reaper's capabilities. So I attempted to install Reverb plugins named VS8F Reverb IR 3.0. These were free, and the site where I obtained them claims they work with Reaper. I'm unable to install for some reason. I get the error message "missing header" or "invlaid header" etc. Help please? Or a better place to get compatible Reverb preset plugins?
Alcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Edgemeal

I extracted the IR wav files to sub folders, then I use plugin like ReaVerb included with REAPER to load one...

Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
vdubreeze

Alcat1, those files aren't Reaper plugins, so they don't load as a plugin would. They're "Impulse Responses", which get loaded into a plugin that will use them, as Edgemeal did with Reaverb. So open ReaVerb on a track, hit the "add" button goo to "file" in the menu that pops up. Then navigate to one of those files and add it. Adjust wet/dry balance to taste.

Impulse Response files can be of reverberant spaces but also of guitar cabinets, fx, etc. Do a search for "Impulse" in the top level of the forum and some good info comes up.

Welcome aboard : )