Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 09-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
jamie rustic
Human being with feelings

Default clone mix settings from one project to another

hello:

i seem to remember that reaper has a function that allows all of a project's mix settings (each track volume, pan, even down to entire fx chain settings) to be cloned from one project to another. since most of my projects use a standard template format something like this sounds attractive and (somewhat) possible. i havent been able to run down the exact details, however.

does reaper have functionality like this? if so, can someone point me to information on how to do this, please?

thanks,
jr
jamie rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #2
xpander

SWS Extensions, Snapshots. Create a new snapshot and select what all it must include. Export the snapshot (right-click menu over the snapshot name), then you can import it to another project.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
jamie rustic

xpander:

wow. youre two for two.

your help is amazing- thanks.

jr
Old 09-29-2019, 06:54 AM   #4
akademie

Yes, those SWS Snapshots.
But there is a long time waiting bug with Sends in SWS Snapshots that the Sends are not being saved or recalled correctly, if at all. So just keep that in mind when using them.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie rustic View Post
hello:

i seem to remember that reaper has a function that allows all of a project's mix settings (each track volume, pan, even down to entire fx chain settings) to be cloned from one project to another. since most of my projects use a standard template format something like this sounds attractive and (somewhat) possible. i havent been able to run down the exact details, however.

does reaper have functionality like this? if so, can someone point me to information on how to do this, please?

thanks,
jr
Might be...
But I'm simple. Open project. Save as new_project.rpp. Click on an old item. Cmd A. Delete. Drag-drop the new audio into the appropriate tracks.
Takes approx 7 seconds.

Probably something elegant available that takes a couple more mouse clicks or something? Maybe make templates that direct audio items to tracks based on names? (Then you'd have to have them named right...) Probably lots of ways to play with Reaper instead of getting straight to work!
Whatever the last project was that seems close to what I want today is my "template".
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
jamie rustic

all:

thanks so much for your thoughts. i will try the sws action, but i appreciate the simpler cut & replace, too.

***thanks***

jr