Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
jalan
Human being with feelings

Default Help: Anybody using the Line 6 Gearbox plugin?

I just got this a few weeks ago and am loving it, but it seems to really drain resources more than I expected -- is this normal?

I'm running about 7 instances in my current project (which I imagine may be a lot) and I've noticed that on some of the later instances, the plugin seems to almost fade in (quickly), as opposed to starting as soon as the audio does. At the moment, I don't even have anything else on this song -- just 7 guitar tracks (4 at a time, tops) playing with Reaper's click.

My system is not top-of-the-line, but it's not a dog either (3.0 GHz P4, 2GB RAM, etc.). Any comments, suggestions, etc.? Let me know. Thanks!

J

P.S. While working on this issue, I discovered the performance meter (yes, I'm still a bit of a noob). It says that my FX resources are running about 40% just with those 7 Gearbox instances. I'm wondering how it's gonna fly when I add something like EZ Drummer to the project...?
jalan is offline   Reply With Quote