Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 02:48 PM   #1
BCF1
Human being with feelings

Default Collaboration - Left With You - feat. Vox by Msundh

After I recently posted this tune msundh reached out and asked/offered to do vocaals for another version of the tune.
I quickly agreed and gave him green light to take it wherever he wanted.
It took me a minute to get a feel for what msundh had in mind after living with my version of song for so long. I really like his vocal approach and his version.
Thank you msundh for your interest and time spent to do this.

Link to playlist with msundh ver. Followed by new mix of original.

https://soundcloud.com/wristlock/set...social_sharing

Last edited by BCF1; 11-22-2022 at 02:58 PM.
BCF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:22 AM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
After I recently posted this tune msundh reached out and asked/offered to do vocaals for another version of the tune.
I quickly agreed and gave him green light to take it wherever he wanted.
It took me a minute to get a feel for what msundh had in mind after living with my version of song for so long. I really like his vocal approach and his version.
Thank you msundh for your interest and time spent to do this.

Link to playlist with msundh ver. Followed by new mix of original.

https://soundcloud.com/wristlock/set...social_sharing
This is not my cup of tea, but I do have to comment on how good I think this is.

Good job guys.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
asharin

As commented on the tracks itself, I like both this and the version with you(?) singing. Equally good yet also makes for a much different sound.
Totally my type of music too haha
asharin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 07:18 PM   #4
BCF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
This is not my cup of tea, but I do have to comment on how good I think this is.

Good job guys.
Thank you Tod
Definitely not for everyone but I do appreciate you having a listen and commenting. I was originally surprised that msundh was interested in doing a version until I dove a little deeper into his catalog and discovered musical connections in his past work that I was unfamiliar with. Anyway I think it's really cool to have the two versions.

Thx again

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharin View Post
As commented on the tracks itself, I like both this and the version with you(?) singing. Equally good yet also makes for a much different sound.
Totally my type of music too haha
Thanks for checking it out and yeah that's me singing on the original version.
I agree with you and think it's really interesting how each version has a bit different vibe and feel. It makes sense that they would, vocal melody and performance are key to relaying feeling but other then vocal tracks the mixes are identical.

To Mr. msundh ....
I think it's great, thank you !

Last edited by BCF1; 12-04-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:23 AM   #5
msundh

Thanks
Cool to try others songs.
My latest songs has been on the soft side, but this is closer to my main style of music.
Soon ready with a guitar based song.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:57 PM   #6
Stinger

Great idea and gotta be a trip to hear somebody else sing your song. Not exactly a cover here - I guess you just substituted his vocal line for yours - but still presents a pretty stark contrast.

Really like the song, but hey I was tired when it was over. You're pretty damn good at playing that fast, but I can't listen as fast as once could. Stinger
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #7
BCF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Great idea and gotta be a trip to hear somebody else sing your song. Not exactly a cover here - I guess you just substituted his vocal line for yours - but still presents a pretty stark contrast.
1st mix i did with msundh's vocal tracks I had clean guitars and different drums in an effort to create a different feel and unique identity for the version. After sending to him for preview and receiving unfavorable feedback on that idea I then decided to try using same mix for both versions just swapping vocals.
So I remixed the song using different amp sims then used in the original original(?)
Tightened things up a bit then tried to get each vocal to sit within this new mix. So end result is identical tracks with different vocals.

Original original:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=272305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Really like the song, but hey I was tired when it was over. You're pretty damn good at playing that fast, but I can't listen as fast as once could. Stinger
��������

Thx !!!

Last edited by BCF1; 12-06-2022 at 11:05 AM.