Old 10-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #1
Faderjockey
Human being with feelings

Default Stuttering or not playing

I've got a Mac Studio Max OS 12.4
I've been tracking projects and mixing. Sometimes even tracking I'll get a session that sort of hangs up.. I can either change the buffer size back and forth to fix it it or wake it up. Or I can change the audio to internal Mac then back to my Apollo and that fixes it.

But I've also been mixing all ITB with smaller to large sessions and I can be working all fine but then I gets to a point and I'll hit play and for a split sec or maybe a frame..it will roll then stop. Again I can toggle that buffer and it will be ok other times that won't even work. Now today I found (yes I'm running a lot of plugs) but my last plug on 2buss is the FabFilter Limiter and when I bypass that things work better.. I've done so many mixes using that on my old PC and even on this Mac but lately this stuttering or not playing has been happening. Also once in a while when this happens I'll look at performance meter window and CPU meter is in the red.

That has even happen on small sessions without a lot of plus. When that happens a toggle of the same stuff can work but lot of other times I've had to quit reboot reaper or even reboot the whole Mac.

I love the setup I'm on with the Mac now more then my old PC but this part isn't fun I really thought seeing all the talk online that the Mac Studio was just going to be soooo Fast..

The pic below from my phone is right before I closed the session and went home from studio to show this is where the session was.. it's running but it's sort of random when that stopping happens or I can make it happen if I turn off the Fab Limiter and try turning it back on. Then I went with ReaLimit and thought ok I'll use that then that started to do sort of the same issue. I also moved the session to another drive to is if my Thunderbolt m.2 was dropping out or something.. But acted the same no matter where I moved it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReaperCPU_screenshot_smaller.jpg (146.1 KB, 61 views)
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote