COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 08-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #1
Streets
Human being with feelings

Default web integration?

any chance for a plug in for building ninjam right into a web page? this would allow users to quickly find other users based on different web page criteria. i know for years i been working with various VOIP software for allow people to do "virtual jams." Currently i am using Team speak for this with a small scrip for a direct log in (logs in user verifies password if needed and auto launches team speak) while this is help fully i am really interested in something i can just embed into my page simplifying my needs. if you have any ideas please let me know.

Last edited by Streets; 08-02-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
cryptomail

Default open source...so chances are good :)

You could take the ninjam app, and cram it into an active-X control.
There's not an awful lot of windows stuff, but obviously, there is some
It's also VERY VERY VERY well encapsulated.
See the main class NJClient.
If you can direct that class, that's basically it

You can also attempt to employ the entire windows GUI as is, except make an attempt to embed it within a different container/parent window.
You'll have to decide which is the path of least resistance for your app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
any chance for a plug in for building ninjam right into a web page? this would allow users to quickly find other users based on different web page criteria. i know for years i been working with various VOIP software for allow people to do "virtual jams." Currently i am using Team speak for this with a small scrip for a direct log in (logs in user verifies password if needed and auto launches team speak) while this is help fully i am really interested in something i can just embed into my page simplifying my needs. if you have any ideas please let me know.
cryptomail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
Streets

ummm yea, anychance somone is doing this because i wouldent even know where to begin. i wanted to know if it was possible it like like it is but i could never do anyhting like you just said. well i could but it would take me months to try. so anone here know what they are doing give this a try? ill help where i can of course but its a bit out of my ability atm.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
cryptomail

I suppose you could offer more specifications, and a bounty
But I'm probably being kind of shortsighted here....
Other than "ease of use" and "zero-install" factors, I see no real must-have, compelling reason to change the form factor of the app to anything other than its current form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
ummm yea, anychance somone is doing this because i wouldent even know where to begin. i wanted to know if it was possible it like like it is but i could never do anyhting like you just said. well i could but it would take me months to try. so anone here know what they are doing give this a try? ill help where i can of course but its a bit out of my ability atm.
cryptomail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
Streets

ease of use, no install, easy to find, can be catered to web communities. its alot easier to embed it into a web page and tell everyone to just go to www.ninjam.com rather then tell everyone to downoad some software, put in ip and connection info and hope you can conect. and personaly i rather have an embeded aplication rather then somthing that is stand alone. but if this is not possible its cool i certainly wont loose sleep over this i mean there are server streaming audio aplications out there that i can use too just because this one fakes less latency dose not make it anything revolutionary. its good dont get me wrong bet if its not what im looking for ill just use my more reliable aplications.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #6
plasticmetal

As well as it's current stand alone state, I would like to see Ninjam ported as a plug-in.

A plug-in would be cool because you could put it in your choice of DAW and then it would be like any other instrument on any other channel.

I don't know about it being embeded in a web page, maybe, seems like there would be cross browser/platform issues...

f u t u r e
plasticmetal is offline   Reply With Quote