Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2019, 01:43 AM   #1
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Default Simple Six now on Stash [a blog of my theme creation exploits]

Hi Peeps

I'm going to try again to create a post here to track my theme development progress.

Last time I tried this someone posted their own theme which I thought was a bit naff to be honest, as nice as it may have been. So, please, create a post of your own for your themes and tweaks.

So, this is a blog, I guess. I suppose I could have created a proper block somewhere but why not here, where people who care about this kind of stuff may drop in for a chat about it. And I prefer forums anyway.

Simple Six?

Because what I am doing is going to be based on REAPER V6 and it is going to be very simple indeed, both graphically and layout wise. I use REAPER in a very simple way so I am going to leave out elements that I never use.

And where I am able, and until I get bored, I will be creating some new graphics. Simple graphics. Flat as a pancake... No gradients. Going to look awful, I know, but I am no graphics expert and I have only a basic knowledge of Gimp, my chosen graphics editor.

While I am here I would like to say that I now have massive respect to all who create a REAPER theme from the ground up. I spent much of yesterday designing and implementing a couple of very simple buttons. It must take weeks, if not months to come up with a new, fresh and pleasing design.

cheers

andy

Latest:

I have now uploaded this to Stash so, if you are just starting out and fancy digging into something less complex than the default themes then this could be for you.

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2427/S...ReaperThemezip

Last edited by synkrotron; 06-06-2021 at 01:18 PM.
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote