Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
KeithC
Human being with feelings

Default Just can't seem to use search well

This is really lame, but how the heck do I get my Adobe PDF of the User's guide into to help menu. I can only get to the online version, and have tried to copy, and send to, and everything my very limited computer knowledge tells me to do, but cannot get it into the documents file in "C:/ Keith C****/ Reaper (x64)/????? Whatever. And cannot seem to find any instuctions on the process. HP 700-214 ,Win 8.1, Reaper 4.62.

Thanks, I'm trying to get it so I can read from 3:30 or 4 am, until I go to work at 9. I feel like I'd learn the process very quickly, as this period of the morning I call my "Zen time", I am at my least stressed out, and very clear minded at this time, and other than the 4 to 9 Zen time, I'm limited to slow weekends, as I'm self employed, and rarely get any days off. This would be a tremendous help in bending the learning curve to a much flatter position!!
Thanks, should be an easy one, just not for me,LOL, Keith
KeithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

First off, make sure you actually downloaded the User Guide by right-clicking the download button and selecting "save as..." or "save target as..". When you have downloaded the .PDF, you should be able to copy the .PDF to the REAPER program folder or into the 'Docs' folder in your REAPER resource folder (the one that pops up when you go Options->"Show REAPER resource folder in Finder/Explorer"). You may have to create a "Docs" folder in there first, so dropping it into the REAPER program folder should be easier. Then you have to restart REAPER I guess.

More details can most likely be found in previous threads on that, which you can find best using this fine Google Custom Search page for this forum:

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0024585...enu&gsc.page=1

Bookmark that page, it can help you searching for answers big time as Google often lets you ask questions in normal language like "how can I..." and it beats searching the .PDF or the internal forum search in this.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote