Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
theconnyb
Human being with feelings

Default Please help me setup Reaper and syntheseizer with arpeggio recording!

If someone could post a guiode on how to do this it would be awesome.

I have a Korg X50 which has dual polyphonic arpeggiators. These are great fun to play with as they sound very rich.

I am imagining that it is possible to record all these tracks in Reaper as well. I am trying my best, but no luck. There are just too many things to take into consideration. I have the manual but I can´t get it to work.

I have chosen an open Multi-set (InitialMulti017) and from there "Copy from Combi" and chose the Combi I wish to use. Here is where it goes wrong. The MIDI tracks suddenly stop producing any sound when I try to play the sounds in the Multi-set with the new Combi loaded. The arpeggiator is acting totally weird, sending out a kickdrum or a hihat every 10 seconds or so, for no reason.

I dream of using the combis and arrpegiators as they are used in the Korg X50. Just hitting record in Reaper, waiting for the count-in then recording with arrpegiators and all with synched MIDI tempo. If all the tracks would show up individually and therefor also let me remove or add parts as I please, that would just be the best thing ever.

If anyone has got this working please post what you did to make it work!
theconnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #2
Repetition Compulsion
Human being with feelings

Wish I could help, I've never dealt with physical MIDI instruments going into Reaper. I just wanted to drop in and say if you don't get any/many replies here, you might try the Q&A section instead. I'm sure someone around here will help you out though.
Repetition Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote