Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #7361
Cragster
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
I know that a button can perform more than one action simultaneously, but I know nothing about buttons that performs 3 or more actions one after the other.

How to do it?
Oh i got what you mean. push a button 3 times and it does 3 different actions each time. hmm the only way i know is to modify it
press button
press shift+same button
press opt+same button
etc

but im sure you know that. i dont know any other way
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #7362
nofish

Quote:
I know that a button can perform more than one action simultaneously, but I know nothing about buttons that performs 3 or more actions one after the other.

How to do it?
Maybe SWS cycle actions come in handy here (and then mapping the cycle actions via CSI).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWpQXSyaVY
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #7363
floc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
If you had an MCU, you could just google things like "MCU midi spec".

With some searching you can often find the meter messages.

That's right we need a MultiPress -- I'll put it on the list.
Perfect Geoff, I'll look in that direction with Console1
The MultiPress is the exact definition for what I was meaning. Once is created I will implement it in the Console1 .mst
floc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:48 AM   #7364
floc

Geoff, here is an update on Console1 behaviours with CSI after a few trials and experiments .zon wise. (now that, at this stage of development the .mst is complete)

1 ) Gain reduction metering is achievable, and works like a charm, in Console1 if the parameter GR Meter (or something like that) is available in a plugin UI. Some plugins display it, some don't. For those that don't I have no idea if there is a way around (by looking at their code maybe ?...no idea)

2) There is no consistent behaviour in the 2 way communication in-between the unit and various plugins (some work, some don't) but seems to me this is due either to the way plugins were scripted or how reaper handles them rather than a problem with CSI.
Example: Param On/Off available in UI, mapped correctly in zone and yet when button pressed in unit nothing happens....if clicked with the Mouse the correct feedback is sent to the unit. I double checked the same widget with different plugins and the widget is correct.
Hence, wanting to make a more general rule, I would think that not every UI parameter, once mapped in a zone behaves as it should in terms of two way communication to and from the unit BUT I am inclined to think, and here is where this forum expertise will surely know more than I do, that this has nothing to do with CSI but rather with how a plugin has been coded or how reaper handles it. Again, no idea if there are ways around this

ok...end of report ...I hope it helps
In the meanwhile, time permitting, I'll keep experimenting and looking for consistent behavioural patterns (for things that don't work) and in case I find any I'll report back so we might try to find ways around them
Old 03-08-2020, 04:47 AM   #7365
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragster View Post
Hi all. I wanted to ask if i should include the tracktouch and fadertouch in my plugin zone files for parameters im using faders for ? i wasnt including that up till now and im mapping one now and wanted to ask if this is correct or if i even need to include that ?? Thanks all

heres what i got .it seems to be working but wanted to be sure or if i even need it

Code:
DisplayUpper1 FXParamNameDisplay 11 "Attk"
     DisplayLower1 FXParamValueDisplay 11 
     Fader1 FXParam 11
     TrackTouch+Fader1 FXParam 11
     FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
I donīt use the touch commands only the commands concerning display
and simply "Fader1 FXParam "0" "Thresh"" , for example, in my ReaComp.zon file and works fine with my controller (IconNano).

Last edited by WaveTrans; 03-09-2020 at 01:30 AM.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:11 AM   #7366
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
Geoff, here is an update on Console1 behaviours with CSI after a few trials and experiments .zon wise. (now that, at this stage of development the .mst is complete)

1 ) Gain reduction metering is achievable, and works like a charm, in Console1 if the parameter GR Meter (or something like that) is available in a plugin UI. Some plugins display it, some don't. For those that don't I have no idea if there is a way around (by looking at their code maybe ?...no idea)

2) There is no consistent behaviour in the 2 way communication in-between the unit and various plugins (some work, some don't) but seems to me this is due either to the way plugins were scripted or how reaper handles them rather than a problem with CSI.
Example: Param On/Off available in UI, mapped correctly in zone and yet when button pressed in unit nothing happens....if clicked with the Mouse the correct feedback is sent to the unit. I double checked the same widget with different plugins and the widget is correct.
Hence, wanting to make a more general rule, I would think that not every UI parameter, once mapped in a zone behaves as it should in terms of two way communication to and from the unit BUT I am inclined to think, and here is where this forum expertise will surely know more than I do, that this has nothing to do with CSI but rather with how a plugin has been coded or how reaper handles it. Again, no idea if there are ways around this

ok...end of report ...I hope it helps
In the meanwhile, time permitting, I'll keep experimenting and looking for consistent behavioural patterns (for things that don't work) and in case I find any I'll report back so we might try to find ways around them
Just wanted to throw this out to you. Dont know what plugins you are referring to.. but if they are VST3 then you gonna have issues. I do anyway.The VST3 plugins ive tried evntually stop communicating with csi or dont at all. I steer clear of those. Having no luck with them up to this point. VST2 works great

Last edited by Cragster; 03-08-2020 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:15 AM   #7367
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
I never put those lines in.
I siply use "Fader1 FXParam "0" "Thresh"" , for example, in my ReaComp.zon file and works fine with my controller (IconNano).
Hey thank you. I wasn't sure if i should include the fader touch since it is mapped in my normal channel zone. Plugins always worked without it but i thought i remember reading somewhere here that fadertouch should be included if the surface is equiped with that. I could be wrong.this forum goes very fast and i cant keep up with everything sometimes. Thank you
Old 03-08-2020, 05:51 AM   #7368
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
It did. It was the template zone versus standalone zone thing again. That's tripped me up a few times. I think I'm getting it now and got my zones sorted. Thanks as always.

Haven't forgot about updating the installation instructions page BTW, just have to run unexpectedly so it'll probably get done tomorrow.
Yeah that one is too subtle, but I couldn't think of a better way to express it:

Probably needs some wiki work -- hint, hint

ZoneNames that end with "|" are templates and do not get instantiated -- they need to be instantiated in an Included Zone section like the familiar:

Code:
Zone Home
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"Buttons|"
		"Channel|1-8"
		"MasterChannel|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd
Here there is one instance of "Buttons|" and 8 instances of "Channel|" -- "Channel1", "Channel2", etc.

Of course we can also instantiate multiple instances directly -- outside of an included Zone -- with the also familiar:

Code:
Zone "Pan|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-8"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd
Maybe start with that info and expanded / simplify / etc.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:54 AM   #7369
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi all. I wanted to ask if i should include the tracktouch and fadertouch in my plugin zone files for parameters im using faders for ? i wasnt including that up till now and im mapping one now and wanted to ask if this is correct or if i even need to include that ?? Thanks all

heres what i got .it seems to be working but wanted to be sure or if i even need it

Code:
DisplayUpper1 FXParamNameDisplay 11 "Attk"
     DisplayLower1 FXParamValueDisplay 11 
     Fader1 FXParam 11
     TrackTouch+Fader1 FXParam 11
     FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
Shouldn't need it, that is from an old example.

I'm also noticing a lot of Shift redefinition in FX Zones, that should no longer be necessary.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #7370
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Long Press Button when pressed for 1sec it performs a different action (like open the metronome menu on metronome button)
Thanks for reminding me, it is now in the new build -- see next post for details.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:02 AM   #7371
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

"Hold" modifier is back and hopefully fully functional this time

Code:
someButton       Reaper "40364" // Toggle Metronome
Hold+someButton  Reaper "40363" // Show Metronome Settings
The Hold time is hard coded to 1 second.

[edit] You also need someButton to send release messages, otherwise any press will trigger the Hold Action

CSI doesn't notice you held the button, it notices you didn't let it go -- the release message is crucial

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 03-08-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #7372
MixMonkey

Quote:
New build is up.

Code:

[edit] You also need someButton to send release messages, otherwise any press will trigger the Hold Action
Nice alternative to a regular modifier!
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #7373
floc

Quote:
Just wanted to throw this out to you. Dont know what plugins you are referring to.. but if they are VST3 then you gonna have issues. I do anyway.The VST3 plugins ive tried evntually stop communicating with csi or dont at all. I steer clear of those. Having no luck with them up to this point. VST2 works great
Hey Cragster, I was experimenting with Acustica Audio Acqua plugins and Nebula4 libraries. In my case VST or VST3, so far, doesn't make much difference. (if anything it seems VST3 you get more UI parameters to play with)
But here is something interesting for you (in case you don't know).
I managed to solve the on/off issue .....here is the deal.
Take for example CELESTIALMB..has got several switches that can go on/off.
If I associate them with a buttons on console1 what you get is switching from off to on and that's it (no changes from on to off).....AnyPress (which logically should give us the on/off state) doesn't work in this application.
I took AnyComPressor widget and changed it into a Fader7Bit and that works for on/off status in plugins.
My theory (but I have to check more cases and I might be totally wrong) is that in mapping FX, Reaper sees the parameters as sliders (a bit like faders when you look at the UI) hence AnyPress only work in one direction while Fader7Bit works in both.
Of course I don't want to waste a Rotary for a plugin just to go on/off so i tried changing the widget for the Compressor on/off on console1 from Anypress to Fader7Bit (and relative FB) and it works....kind of illogical but hey
1 issue solved ...now I got to figure out which buttons on console1.mst I want to keep as AnyPress (good for solo, mute etc in reaper) and which ones I change into Fader7Bit
Old 03-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #7374
Funkybot

I haven't tried to map any of my Acustica products yet and haven't been closely following the conversation (so ignore me if this was discussed and I missed it) but have you tried this:

Code:
Toggle+SomeButton FXParam 8
That's how I do my buttons in FX Zones. It basically seems to alternate between the max and min values. It's worked so far for anything with two-states (on/off). Again, haven't tried any Acustica plugins yet.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:04 AM   #7375
Cragster

Quote:
Hey Cragster, I was experimenting with Acustica Audio Acqua plugins and Nebula4 libraries. In my case VST or VST3, so far, doesn't make much difference. (if anything it seems VST3 you get more UI parameters to play with)
But here is something interesting for you (in case you don't know).
I managed to solve the on/off issue .....here is the deal.
Take for example CELESTIALMB..has got several switches that can go on/off.
If I associate them with a buttons on console1 what you get is switching from off to on and that's it (no changes from on to off).....AnyPress (which logically should give us the on/off state) doesn't work in this application.
I took AnyComPressor widget and changed it into a Fader7Bit and that works for on/off status in plugins.
My theory (but I have to check more cases and I might be totally wrong) is that in mapping FX, Reaper sees the parameters as sliders (a bit like faders when you look at the UI) hence AnyPress only work in one direction while Fader7Bit works in both.
Of course I don't want to waste a Rotary for a plugin just to go on/off so i tried changing the widget for the Compressor on/off on console1 from Anypress to Fader7Bit (and relative FB) and it works....kind of illogical but hey
1 issue solved ...now I got to figure out which buttons on console1.mst I want to keep as AnyPress (good for solo, mute etc in reaper) and which ones I change into Fader7Bit
Yes what funkybot said. All my on/off params i have mapped to toggle+rotarypush...or somebutton. And they work correctly
Old 03-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #7376
floc

Quote:
I haven't tried to map any of my Acustica products yet and haven't been closely following the conversation (so ignore me if this was discussed and I missed it) but have you tried this:

Code:
That's how I do my buttons in FX Zones. It basically seems to alternate between the max and min values. It's worked so far for anything with two-states (on/off). Again, haven't tried any Acustica plugins yet.
Now...that sounds like something I want to try Thank you Funkybot. I'll try it later and if it works it's even better so I can keep all the Buttons on C1 as AnyPress in the .mst
I'll keep you posted
On the plus side if you use Nebula Setups TimP Comp2A compressor (have not checked the others yet) have GR Reduction Meter Parameter
in un UI...now that is great news for me given my workflow cause metering GR from C1 might be better than metering from Nebula which we know has never been great
Old 03-08-2020, 09:19 AM   #7377
Teddy

Hi,

Do you think it's possible to compile this plugin for arm linux and get it to run on raspberry pi-reaper? I'm currently planning a DIY portastudio, and this plugin would make everything much easier.
Teddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #7378
Funkybot

Quote:
Now...that sounds like something I want to try Thank you Funkybot. I'll try it later and if it works it's even better so I can keep all the Buttons on C1 as AnyPress in the .mst
I'll keep you posted
I added some details on built-in modifiers to this page:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...wiki/Modifiers

To everyone: are we missing modifiers there? If so, which ones?

Also, just added Eucon installation instructions:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...n-installation

Last edited by Funkybot; 03-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #7379
floc

Quote:

Thank Funkybot and Cragster. Had a look at the link. Will update my console1.mst by adding all the modifiers and try the toggle function also (I am sure it will work)
Old 03-08-2020, 09:49 AM   #7380
timothys_monster

OK, I need some help with my Icon Platform Nano. The layout can be found here:
https://www.gearnews.de/wp-content/u...er-770x425.jpg

It has got basically 9 encoders. I'd like to use the single one on the left hand side as a pan-knob for the selected track and the other 8 (divided by the "5-8" knob on the left hand side) for controlling the send levels of the selected track. They are by default mapped like this:

Encoder1 b0 10
Encoder2 b0 10
Encoder3 b0 11
Encoder4 b0 12
Encoder5 b0 13
Encoder6 b0 14
Encoder7 b0 15
Encoder8 b0 16
Encoder9 b0 17

As you can see, the single encoder and the first encoder of the 8 in a row are sharing the same CC messages.

Now, will I be able to do what I want to (having Encoder1 independently only for the selected track's pan) with CSI or do I have to re-map the encoder in the Icon Nano software first?
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #7381
Sofia

Quote:

Also, just added Eucon installation instructions:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...n-installation
WOW! Thank you for the Hold modifier!
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #7382
Sofia

Quote:
New build is up.

Code:

CSI doesn't notice you held the button, it notices you didn't let it go -- the release message is crucial
Thank you!!!
Old 03-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #7383
Funkybot

Added some details on how to step through parameters with button presses.

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...ugh-parameters

Didn't know where the best place to put it was so stuck it on the modifiers page.

Note: I haven't experimented with entering steps out of order myself but Cragster has and sounds like it works so I figured I'd mention it there.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #7384
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Added some details on how to step through parameters with button presses.

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...ugh-parameters
Thanks for all the wiki updates !
Old 03-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #7385
Geoff Waddington

Hmmm...

Edit Mode

What is it ?

If we design it such that you can create Zones from scratch, it will be a very complex UI -- uggghhh

If we allow only the simplest of editing, we may have shot too low.

Where is the sweet spot ?

Old 03-08-2020, 01:45 PM   #7386
Sofia

Quote:
New build is up.

Code:

Ehm.. How to send the release message?
Old 03-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #7387
Funkybot

Quote:
Ehm.. How to send the release message?
Open the CSI Input Monitor or your message logger of choice. Press a button and note the log. Does it look like this...

B1 00 7F on press
B1 00 00 on release?

If yes, then you should be good to go.

If your surface only sends the 7F message with no release message, then Hold won't work.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:03 PM   #7388
Sofia

Quote:
Open the CSI Input Monitor or your message logger of choice. Press a button and note the log. Does it look like this...

B1 00 7F on press
B1 00 00 on release?

If your surface only sends the 7F message with no release message, then Hold won't work.
Any button I press, X-Touch sends only the 00 message.
But on Midi-OX it sends both 7F and 00.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #7389
Funkybot

Quote:
Any button I press, X-Touch sends only the 00 message.
But on Midi-OX it sends both 7F and 00.
It’s working here with the X-Touch One. Used Hold+F6 for metronome settings. Are you saying it’s not working over there?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #7390
Sofia

Quote:

B1 00 7F on press
B1 00 00 on release?

Ok, I changed from Press to AnyPress in the .mst and now 7F and 00 messages are sent, but it doesn't work.

MST
Code:
Widget Click
	AnyPress 90 59 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 59 7f 90 59 00
WidgetEnd
ZONE
Code:
Click      Reaper    "40364"
Hold+Click Reaper    "40363"
Old 03-08-2020, 03:36 PM   #7391
Funkybot

Sofia, it's working here. Are you sure you updated to the newest build and installed it to the correct directory? Because I'm using the MCU-STD template on my X-Touch One with a modified version of their Cubase mapping, I'm using F6 for click. My F6 widget looks like this...

Code:
Widget F6
	Press 90 3b 7f
	FB_TwoState 90 3b 7f 90 3b 00
WidgetEnd
My .zon looks like this:
Code:
F6		Reaper 40364 	//Toggle metronome
Hold+F6		Reaper 40363	//Show metronome settings
Not sure if it's even worth mentioning, but I found (by accidne) that if your action fires a modal window like the "Add Marker" window, and your held action requires a second modal window (like the Metronome Settings), you have to do something in the first window before you'll see the second. Don't think there's anything that can be done about that and don't consider it a bug, but maybe someone else will hit that someday.

Last edited by Funkybot; 03-08-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #7392
Funkybot

Quote:
New build is up.

Hey Geoff, I'm noticing an undesirable effect of this behavior. The "Press" event+action gets registered+fired before the Hold. So for example:

1. I currently have the metronome enabled
2. I want to open the metronome settings
3. I press and hold the Click button

Result: First, the metronome becomes disabled. Second, the metronome settings open.

But I didn't want to disable the metronome.

I vaguely recall that you made a change a few weeks ago where the release action would get ignored and only the press action had an effect on something. Maybe that's impacting the hold behavior?

Ideally, CSI could differentiate between a press, and a hold. Currently, it's doing Press Action+Hold Action.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #7393
Sofia

Quote:
Hey Geoff, I'm noticing an undesirable effect of this behavior. The "Press" event+action gets registered+fired before the Hold. So for example:

Result: First, the metronome becomes disabled. Second, the metronome settings open.

I vaguely recall that you made a change a few weeks ago where the release action would get ignored and only the press action had an effect on something. Maybe that's impacting the hold behavior?

Ideally, CSI could differentiate between a press, and a hold. Currently, it's doing Press Action+Hold Action.
Similar problem here: Hold+Click doesn't last 1sec, but the action starts immediatly and the Click and Hold+Click overlap. Also there's no possibility to close the metronome window pressing the button again (for at at least 1sec).
Old 03-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #7394
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Yeah, there is a tradeoff here.

If you think through the way you would implement a fix, it leads to the following unacceptable condition:

You would have to delay Toggling the metronome UNTIL the release, in order to make sure it occurred sooner than the hold time -- aka -- the system immediately gets too unresponsive since it is responding to releases as opposed to presses.

Can't think of a way of having our cake and eating it too in this case

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 03-08-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #7395
Funkybot

Quote:
Yeah, there is a tradeoff here.

If you think through the way you would implement a fix, it leads to the following unacceptable condition:

You would have to delay Toggling the metronome UNTIL the release -- aka - the system immediately gets too unresponsive since it is responding to releases as opposed to presses.

Can't think of a way of having or cake and eating it too in this case
Thinking out loud here, but couldn't this work?

1. Press Widget: Action fires on release command from surface
2. Hold + Press Widget: Hold action fires after press for 1 second with no release. CSI bypasses subsequent release action.
3. AnyPress Widget: Action fires on any press, no hold possible

That way, no delay is needed. Press would just be tweaked to work like most mouse clicks where it's actually the release that fires the action, not the press. And like a mouse click, you don't notice the a delay even though most button presses are actually registered on release of the mouse, not press. It just feels natural. Particularly with fast click actions.

In fact, I bet if you asked most computer users whether it was the press of a mouse button that fired an event, 99% would look at you cross and say yes without giving it any thought. It's second nature. On screen button, click mouse button and release it. But slow that process down, and it's the release that does the firing of the action the vast majority of the time.

Last edited by Funkybot; 03-08-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #7396
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Thinking out loud here, but couldn't this work?

1. Press Widget: Action fires on release command from surface
2. Hold + Press Widget: Hold action fires after press for 1 second with no release. CSI bypasses subsequent release action.
3. AnyPress Widget: Action fires on any press, no hold possible

That way, no delay is needed. Press would just be tweaked to work like most mouse clicks where it's actually the release that fires the action, not the press. And like a mouse click, you don't notice the a delay even though most button presses are actually registered on release of the mouse, not press. It just feels natural. Particularly with fast click actions.

In fact, I bet if you asked most computer users whether it was the press of a mouse button that fired an event, 99% would look at you cross and say yes without giving it any thought. It's second nature. On screen button, click mouse button and release it. But slow that process down, and it's the release that does the firing of the action the vast majority of the time.
Yup, and I dislike that behaviour so much that when I write software involving the mouse I always make it trigger on the press, not the release - when my boss lets me get away with it

It feels incredibly sluggish to me to wait for the release.

Also consider that, even if you disregard the fact that having Press and AnyPress interacting differently produces unwanted coupling with Actions -- they have to now be aware of the type of sender -- you are also stuck with the fact that Press triggers on Release and AnyPress triggers on Press, totally inconsistent feel.

And all of this so that anything involved with the Hold feature works in a more intuitive way.

I understand the attraction, but just don't think the amount of effort is worth it -- especially to end up with a system with inferior response.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #7397
MixMonkey

Quote:

Code:
I've done loads of Acustica plugins and this works fine.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:52 AM   #7398
WaveTrans

Quote:
Hey thank you. I wasn't sure if i should include the fader touch since it is mapped in my normal channel zone. Plugins always worked without it but i thought i remember reading somewhere here that fadertouch should be included if the surface is equiped with that. I could be wrong.this forum goes very fast and i cant keep up with everything sometimes. Thank you
Yes, forum pace is very fast.Itīs really hard to follow.
Couple of days off and chances are good that one is completely lost...

Sorry, my post was not really accurate.
I meant I donīt use the Touch commands, only Fader and Display, and it works; based on experience, canīt say if that is actually the proper way of doing this.

May differ with surfaces. Mine has touch also but apparently it does not require it to function in the FXzone.
If the touch commands work, keep them in.

May try if it makes a difference on my surface.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:55 AM   #7399
WaveTrans

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
OK, I need some help with my Icon Platform Nano. The layout can be found here:
https://www.gearnews.de/wp-content/u...er-770x425.jpg

It has got basically 9 encoders. I'd like to use the single one on the left hand side as a pan-knob for the selected track and the other 8 (divided by the "5-8" knob on the left hand side) for controlling the send levels of the selected track. They are by default mapped like this:

Encoder1 b0 10
Encoder2 b0 10
Encoder3 b0 11
Encoder4 b0 12
Encoder5 b0 13
Encoder6 b0 14
Encoder7 b0 15
Encoder8 b0 16
Encoder9 b0 17

As you can see, the single encoder and the first encoder of the 8 in a row are sharing the same CC messages.

Now, will I be able to do what I want to (having Encoder1 independently only for the selected track's pan) with CSI or do I have to re-map the encoder in the Icon Nano software first?
Yes, both encoders on the left hand side send the same message, so the standard layout seems to simply "double" encoder1.
Doesnīt change when master button is engaged.

I told Geoff once and he said the mapping of the IconNano is wierd

Didnīt try yet but remapping should be worth testing
Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 AM   #7400
timothys_monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Yes, both encoders on the left hand side send the same message, so the standard layout seems to simply "double" encoder1.
Doesnīt change when master button is engaged.

I told Geoff once and he said the mapping of the IconNano is wierd

Didnīt try yet but remapping should be worth testing
All right, thanks! So, it's not me then

Sometimes remapping in the Icon software is a bit weird, too. But I will try to get it to work. I think it was you making the IconNano mst and zon, wasn't it? Great work so far! Have a go at my version if you want. I made the fader work and a few other things.
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote