Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 02-24-2021, 03:26 AM   #1
erion
Human being with feelings

Default Make 'Automatic record-arm when track selected' apply to child tracks as well

I use folders to group or layer Midi instruments. For example, I have two different pianos as children of a "Piano" folder, while the parent track has the midi data recorded. Since both instruments are played together, the folder is usually closed.

It would significantly speed up a workflow if Reaper could optionally arm these child tracks when a parent folder track is selected, especially while navigating between the various tracks via the keyboard.

Currently, the "Automatic record-arm when track selected" function ignores child tracks.
erion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:46 AM   #2
q_h

It's already easy and flexible with Track Groups.

Or do you need something else?
Attached Images
File Type: png group-arm.png (31.7 KB, 137 views)
q_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:14 AM   #3
erion

The problem is that this is quite cumbersome to manage for hundreds of tracks, e.g. configuring the routing, etc.

The reason why I asked specifically for an optional addition to the "Automatic record-arm when track selected" feature is because this could potentially save an insane amount of time without having to change anything in an already configured workflow, except possibly check a checkbox to make arming apply to child tracks as well.

Nonetheless, thank you very much for the hint, this would be absolutely great for a small amount of tracks or when starting out building a template.
erion is offline   Reply With Quote