Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Moulin
Human being with feelings

Default Panorama T4 Nektarine plugin issues

I'm wondering if anyone else has a Nektar Panorama T4 or T6 and if they are having problems with Nektar Nektarine plugin? I am using the Panorama T4.

I have a few issues including:

a) Reaper only sees the 64bit Nektarine plugin or the 32bit, not both.

b) Reaper crashes when using Nektarine. I've seen this mainly on a Win7 PC but also on a Win10, tho' it crashes less consistently on Win10. Support seem to think it is a problem with my PC.

c) Some VSTs don't work well with Nektarine e.g. Nektarine patch manager does not change the patch/sound, or sometimes Reaper will crash when using those VSTs. Seems to be a problem with OxeFM, Phonec_CM (tho' not the full version according to support), Keyzone Classic

d) Scrolling tho' patches on the T4 keyboard: sometimes it will skip some patches and get itself out of sync.

I have been in touch with Nektar support for some time....but it's taking time...

cheers,

Chris
Moulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:37 PM   #2
changeng

excavating this old thread to concur. Nektarine won't work - crashes my rather robust computer each time I try to use it. If anyone has any input on fixing this, it would be greatly appreciated.
changeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
Moulin

Default Panaroma T4/Nektarine + Reaper

I eventually sent my T4 back to the shop. It was a few months after I'd bought it but the shop did eventually accept it back and I got a credit note.

Last edited by Moulin; 12-07-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added Nektarine to title
Moulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
TheMaartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
I eventually sent my T4 back to the shop. It was a few months after I'd bought it but the shop did eventually accept it back and I got a credit note.
Good on you. Wish I'd done the same thing with my P6. The sysex file Nektar provided was buggy. Over half of the control surface functions were inoperative.

I gave them steps to reproduce.

Shouldn't have bothered. No update, ever.

Their new Studio One "driver" works better, but I'm still done with Nektar. They seem to do just enough software development to make the release videos, and then never touch them again.

I envy those who have had good luck with their support, that is, actually getting a resolution instead of a pleasant, timely, totally meaningless interaction with one or more of their tech support personnel.

I'd rather have just a good MIDI keyboard along with a FaderPort 8.

When money permits.
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
DK072257

Default Right on Nektar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post
Good on you. Wish I'd done the same thing with my P6. The sysex file Nektar provided was buggy. Over half of the control surface functions were inoperative.

I gave them steps to reproduce.

Shouldn't have bothered. No update, ever.

Their new Studio One "driver" works better, but I'm still done with Nektar. They seem to do just enough software development to make the release videos, and then never touch them again.

I envy those who have had good luck with their support, that is, actually getting a resolution instead of a pleasant, timely, totally meaningless interaction with one or more of their tech support personnel.

I'd rather have just a good MIDI keyboard along with a FaderPort 8.

When money permits.
I have a similar setup as you and although Nektarine doesn't crash anything, the mappings are hit and miss. Seems like the video's they put out on the web are cherry picked. Current working with a T-6 and VOX Continental V2 and it appears to map what it wants to map and nothing else. Agree, they need to fix their software or find another business to get into. When I called them, they said we dont have phone support we are a small company <lol> should have sent this thing right back and got the M-Audio. I know they have phone support. Asked about splitting the keyboard, and their reply was we dont support that. Bottom line they dont support much of anything.
DK072257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:55 AM   #6
LetsGoBrandon

Have these bugs been worked out with the latest software? Its been a couple years, so I think its appropriate to resurrect this thread.
LetsGoBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote