Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-07-2019, 01:24 AM   #441
AugerJ
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
0xE0E0E0 is the correct format for Lua hexadecimal values.

However, in the most recent version of the script, you don't need to edit the script file to change the color of the text that is displayed in the MIDI editor -- instead, just right-click on the Inspector in the MIDI editor, and go to "Font settings" in the context menu. (The same dialog should also pop up when you first run the new version.)
Thanks.
In AARRGGBB format (on the right-click - Font settings)
I typed in 0xFFE0E0E0 for zero transparency...
0x80E0E0E0, 0xCCE0E0E0, 0x1AE0E0E0 and 0x00E0E0E0 don't seem to affect transparency though.
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #442
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerJ View Post
Thanks.
In AARRGGBB format (on the right-click - Font settings)
I typed in 0xFFE0E0E0 for zero transparency...
0x80E0E0E0, 0xCCE0E0E0, 0x1AE0E0E0 and 0x00E0E0E0 don't seem to affect transparency though.
This is due to an idiosyncratic way that Windows' native window-rendering functions interpret alpha values (compared to Linux, Photoshop, etc): On Windows, RRGGBB values are not "alpha-multiplied" while rendering, so you have to do it yourself.

In alpha-multiplication, the R, G and B values are each multiplied with the (normalized) alpha value, so for example if you want to change the alpha of 0xFFFF0000 to 0xCC, then the RR values must also change: 0xCCCC0000.

EDIT: Uploaded new version 1.56 that does automatic alpha-premultiplication.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 AM   #443
Dafarkias

Hi!

Big fan of all you do for Reaper JS.

Just wanted to say that I'm having a little less-than-deal behavior with Arch and Tilt, both the mouse editing version and "events in lane" version.

I'm not sure when your most recent update to these scripts have been, but even after updating my ReaPack, I'm showing v3.23 for Arch&Tilt in lane, and v4.20 for the mouse editing version.

They are both performing similarly, kindof jumping and glitching about, sometimes its ok and other times not.

I'd be more than happy to upload a video demonstration.
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #444
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafarkias View Post
Both the mouse editing version and "events in lane" version.

I'm not sure when your most recent update to these scripts have been, but even after updating my ReaPack, I'm showing v3.23 for Arch&Tilt in lane, and v4.20 for the mouse editing version.
You can safely delete the old "events in lane" version.

Quote:
They are both performing similarly, kindof jumping and glitching about, sometimes its ok and other times not.
Note that the script tries to arch the CC under the mouse (or immediately to the left of the mouse) towards the mouse position, so if the CCs themselves are jumpy (for example, a square LFO), then the arching will also be jumpy while you move the mouse smoothly left and right.

Quote:
I'd be more than happy to upload a video demonstration.
Please do upload a video demonstration.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #445
Dafarkias

Quote:
You can safely delete the old "events in lane" version.

Note that the script tries to arch the CC under the mouse (or immediately to the left of the mouse) towards the mouse position, so if the CCs themselves are jumpy (for example, a square LFO), then the arching will also be jumpy while you move the mouse smoothly left and right.

Please do upload a video demonstration.
Ahh.

So the reason it was jumping up and down was because I was using it on CC with a high value of contrast.

My apologies, It's an absolutely brilliant script.

I'd PM you but I can't for some reason:

Quick question about this https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=182146 script, it doesn't really work well with large amounts of CC data. What I want to do is use your "js_Insert linear or shaped ramps between selected CCs or pitches in lane under mouse.lua" script to basically virtualize half pedaling for recorded midi piano "64 Hold Pedal" data. It works great. But after that I want to run the (thousands of) CC's through a slight bit of randomization to complete the effect, but it kinda chokes and crashes most of the time.

Would you be interested, by chance, in compiling a CC randomization script using your blazing-fast chunk techniques and superior programming?

Regards,

Dafark

[ADD.] also curious if there's any variable I can alter in your "js_Insert linear or shaped ramps between selected CCs or pitches in lane under mouse.lua" that would allow for me to get even greater ramp values than those afforded by the mouse being at the very "top" or "bottom" of the lane?
Old 06-23-2019, 03:55 AM   #446
juliansader

Quote:
Quick question about this https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=182146 script, it doesn't really work well with large amounts of CC data. What I want to do is use your "js_Insert linear or shaped ramps between selected CCs or pitches in lane under mouse.lua" script to basically virtualize half pedaling for recorded midi piano "64 Hold Pedal" data. It works great. But after that I want to run the (thousands of) CC's through a slight bit of randomization to complete the effect, but it kinda chokes and crashes most of the time.

Would you be interested, by chance, in compiling a CC randomization script using your blazing-fast chunk techniques and superior programming?
I have posted an updated, faster version in the linked thread.

Quote:
also curious if there's any variable I can alter in your "js_Insert linear or shaped ramps between selected CCs or pitches in lane under mouse.lua" that would allow for me to get even greater ramp values than those afforded by the mouse being at the very "top" or "bottom" of the lane?
I would recommend that you update all these old "lane under mouse" scripts to the new "Mouse editing" versions. In this case, "js_Mouse editing - Connect nodes", which is more versatile, and can also do steeper ramps.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:13 AM   #447
Dafarkias

Quote:
I would recommend that you update all these old "lane under mouse" scripts to the new "Mouse editing" versions. In this case, "js_Mouse editing - Connect nodes", which is more versatile, and can also do steeper ramps.
Thanks for updating your cc script for me, I was about to attempt to try and do it myself, but I'm sure you saved me a lot of time, again, thank you!

After your reply to my post on this thread, I did ensure to use your newer versions of the scripts, and I definitely noticed that the ramp is able to be set steeper than the older versions. However, if there were some sort if 'simple tweak' in which the script would create even steeper ramps, I would be very happy about that.

[Retraction]
Please let me verify I am using the correct scripts (I was confident that I was), and for the meanwhile, please disregard this post. I appreciate your prompt replies and help!
Old 06-29-2019, 07:03 AM   #448
lowellben

Quote:
I have posted an updated, faster version in the linked thread.

FYI your script crashes my reaper. all i have to do is select two MIDI cc nodes in a lane, run your connect nodes script, and reaper crashes instantly no warnings just closes right out. Poof.

Any ideas why? I've tried changing shortcuts, doesn't matter.
Connect Nodes = instant Reaper close crash.
Right before the crash you can see the mouse icon change to an arc icon and then it just closes Reaper.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #449
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Right before the crash you can see the mouse icon change to an arc icon and then it just closes Reaper.
Which OS/REAPER/script/SWS/ReaScriptAPI versions are you using? Does it happen in all CC lanes? Do any of the other scripts crash too?
Old 06-29-2019, 07:29 AM   #450
lowellben

Quote:
Which OS/REAPER/script/SWS/ReaScriptAPI versions are you using? Does it happen in all CC lanes? Do any of the other scripts crash too?
Just updated everything via ReaPack, all your scripts current.

SWS 2.10.0 #1
ReaPack v1.2.2

Windows 10 64 Reaper 5.978

Not sure how to find ReaScriptAPI.

Testing other CC lanes now. So far, Mod wheel fails. All CC lanes fail.

FYI updating to reaper 5.979 fixes the problem.
Do you know why?

Last edited by lowellben; 06-29-2019 at 07:52 AM.
lowellben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #451
AugerJ

Hello, Julian. The text of js_MIDI Inspector (docked above the MIDI Editor) gets distorted when the Play cursor passes it by. As it's shown on the attached gif.
The text resets back to normal when the "page" changes or when I left-click somewhere in the Piano roll field/area (regretfully, not on the Stop command).
Closer to the end of the gif I made a few passes including "NOTES" through "Pitch" and excluding "Length" etc.
As you can see the text tends to get more distorted with every pass.
Attached Images
File Type: gif REAPER-Script-js_MIDI Inspector.lua.gif (40.8 KB, 357 views)
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:43 AM   #452
EvilDragon

Can confirm the MIDI inspector text distortion over here as well.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #453
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugerJ View Post
Hello, Julian. The text of js_MIDI Inspector (docked above the MIDI Editor) gets distorted when the Play cursor passes it by. As it's shown on the attached gif.
This is a side-effect of the script automatically pausing all MIDI analysis and window re-painting during playback or recording, to minimize CPU usage. (Window re-painting is usually relatively cheap to do, so perhaps I can re-activate it.)

Quote:
After your reply to my post on this thread, I did ensure to use your newer versions of the scripts, and I definitely noticed that the ramp is able to be set steeper than the older versions.
In case anyone else is wondering about steep ramps, here is a demonstration that ramps can go as steep as possible:
Old 08-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #454
BryanChi

Thanks for this awesome script! It's been very useful!
Just wanna confirm if the "Stretch and Compress" can be used to stretch/compress a single note? I remember being able to do it, not sure if it's because the new version disabled this or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm using 4.21 which I believe is the latest?
BryanChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:47 PM   #455
EvilDragon

You don't need the script to stretch/compress a single note. You just use Alt+drag on note edge in this case, that is the default behavior in Reaper.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #456
BryanChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
You don't need the script to stretch/compress a single note. You just use Alt+drag on note edge in this case, that is the default behavior in Reaper.
Yes, but I'm liked using the script because it's faster, you can just marquee select the note and use the script, instead of having to aim the mouse at the note edge
Old 08-15-2019, 04:48 AM   #457
juliansader

I am delighted that you are using my script, and that it is even faster to use than the native version for single notes!

EDIT: v4.22 uploaded with restored ability to stretch single notes.

I will restore the ability to stretch single notes in an upcoming version. In the meantime, you can make a small edit to the script: Replace this code at line 2939:
Old 08-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #458
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChi View Post
Yes, but I'm liked using the script because it's faster, you can just marquee select the note and use the script, instead of having to aim the mouse at the note edge
I agree, this really speeds up workflow. Using this for stretching CCs all the time. I wasn’t even aware, that the script works for notes as well!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #459
BryanChi

Quote:
I am delighted that you are using my script, and that it is even faster to use than the native version for single notes!

EDIT: v4.22 uploaded with restored ability to stretch single notes.

I will restore the ability to stretch single notes in an upcoming version. In the meantime, you can make a small edit to the script: Replace this code at line 2939:
Thank you sooo much Julian! Is there a way I can donate you?
Old 08-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #460
tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanChi View Post
Thank you sooo much Julian! Is there a way I can donate you?
(See the first post of this thread.)
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #461
BryanChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tack View Post
(See the first post of this thread.)
Found it, Thanks! : )
Old 11-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #462
_Stevie_

I think I found a bug:

The item in question in a project:

https://nextcloud.stephanroemer.net/...CAnFRfXMXyNQxS

Last edited by _Stevie_; 11-11-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: fixed the link
_Stevie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #463
Dafarkias

Hey Julian,

Having an issue where pressing or holding the hotkey assigned to the 'connect nodes'script is not performing as it used to, on my machine.

I've got your latest v. of your extension and also your scripts as of ReaPack.

The script activates upon pressing the hotkey but immediately exists the script without allowing for adjustment.

I've tried reinstalling, as well.

Any thoughts, perhaps?

Sorry to be so much trouble to you!

BTW, this thread should be stickied...

Support my feature request!
Old 11-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #464
juliansader

Quote:
Having an issue where pressing or holding the hotkey assigned to the 'connect nodes'script is not performing as it used to, on my machine.
Are you perhaps using one of the dev versions? The Extract and Connect scripts have unfortunately not yet been updated to work with the new CC envelopes.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:00 PM   #465
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I think I found a bug:

The item in question in a project:
Could you please check the link? It seems to link to "Kontakt Library Manager v3", not a project.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #466
_Stevie_

Quote:
Could you please check the link? It seems to link to "Kontakt Library Manager v3", not a project.
Sorry, I have literally no idea what happened, lol.
Link is fixed!
Old 11-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #467
Dafarkias

Quote:
Are you perhaps using one of the dev versions? The Extract and Connect scripts have unfortunately not yet been updated to work with the new CC envelopes.
That's a negative. I'm using the latest general release, portable install. A few months ago the scripts worked (when I was last posting here about them) but I can't imagine what has changed in my installation since then.

I realize I haven't given you much troubleshooting information to work with here...

Is there anything I can provide that may help us to figure whether or not this is user error or a compatibility issue? Lice-cap, step-by-step, video, etc.?

Old 11-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #468
juliansader

Quote:
Is there anything I can provide that may help us to figure whether or not this is user error or a compatibility issue? Lice-cap, step-by-step, video, etc.?
Ideally, could you perhaps upload a minimal RPP containing only the MIDI item with the CC events already selected? A Licecap would also be a very helpful bonus.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #469
Dafarkias

Will do, thanks for replying! I'll try and upload tomorrow.

[edit]

Won't be able to do it today, exhausted from work.

Last edited by Dafarkias; 11-20-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:01 AM   #470
Dafarkias

Sorry it took so long!

In the setup you see in this GIF, I have the connect nodes script using the hotkey 'j'. Per the script instructions, I'm holding the key, but after it's first and initial press no adjustments can be made. The script used to work just as its instructions describe for me.

Not sure what changed....

Windows 10
REAPER 5.987
JS .995

I've included a cheesy little midi-loop in a .rpp where I've manually written CC 64-hold notes.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Nodes.rpp (66.6 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Dafarkias; 11-24-2019 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM   #471
juliansader

Quote:
In the setup you see in this GIF, I have the connect nodes script using the hotkey 'j'. Per the script instructions, I'm holding the key, but after it's first and initial press no adjustments can be made. The script used to work just as its instructions describe for me.
I will check the rpp as soon as I get to my DAW. In the meantime, try clicking the right mouse button to see if the script switches to "Warp" mode. (It should display a "Warp" tooltip.) I guess that the script is in "Bézier" mode, in which it tries to automatically find the smoothest curve, and which cannot be warped.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:45 AM   #472
Dafarkias

Clicking right-click while holding down my 'j' hotkey, just to clarify?

[edit]

...and now I feel like an idiot again!

Yup, that exactly did the trick! It feels even smoother than the last time I remember using this script, absolutely phenomenal job!

Last edited by Dafarkias; 11-24-2019 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #473
Vagelis

Quick draw lfo is really amazing as all of the scripts you 've made!
I'd like to ask, would there be a possibility to have a quick draw lfo for track automation envelopes as well? It would be really helpful!
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #474
Newman Ray

Quote:
I will check the rpp as soon as I get to my DAW. In the meantime, try clicking the right mouse button to see if the script switches to "Warp" mode. (It should display a "Warp" tooltip.) I guess that the script is in "Bézier" mode, in which it tries to automatically find the smoothest curve, and which cannot be warped.
I have setup a number of toolbar buttons in the MIDI editor for your MIDI scripts, but it's been a while since I've used them. I'm working on something now and can't get them to work. I thought I only had to right-click the toolbar button and then left-click in the CC area to begin activating them. However, the cursor is showing the "A" that it normally shows for the activation of the scripts, but left-clicking only results in drawing CC lanes. I've tried common keyboard modifiers as well (ie. Ctrl, Alt, Shift, etc.), but nothing works. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something or if something changed with a Reapack update? Thanks for your help and your fantastic scripts!

UPDATE - Nevermind! I didn't realize it was just a left-click in the CC lane instead of left-click and drag. Thanks!

Last edited by Newman Ray; 12-01-2019 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Updated Info
Newman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:19 AM   #475
daniellumertz

just tried with v6.0 it works, just need to put the points to square ! with wanna warp or something
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:12 AM   #476
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman Ray View Post
I have setup a number of toolbar buttons in the MIDI editor for your MIDI scripts, but it's been a while since I've used them. I'm working on something now and can't get them to work. I thought I only had to right-click the toolbar button and then left-click in the CC area to begin activating them. However, the cursor is showing the "A" that it normally shows for the activation of the scripts, but left-clicking only results in drawing CC lanes. I've tried common keyboard modifiers as well (ie. Ctrl, Alt, Shift, etc.), but nothing works. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting something or if something changed with a Reapack update? Thanks for your help and your fantastic scripts!

UPDATE - Nevermind! I didn't realize it was just a left-click in the CC lane instead of left-click and drag. Thanks!
Right-clicking the button arms the script using REAPER's *native* arming feature. To run the script, you must then left-click -- carefully, without moving the mouse, since any movement will run the left-drag mouse modifier instead.

To use the script's own arming feature, with left-clicking of the button, please check out the instructions inside the script, or on the first page of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
just tried with v6.0 it works, just need to put the points to square ! with wanna warp or something
The most recent versions of the Warp, Stretch etc scripts should work fine with REAPER's new CC envelopes, even if they are not square.

You can also try the new Multi tool script, which has been refactored for the new CC envelopes:

Old 12-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #477
JoostJanssensDS

Hey there Julian, thank you for your hard work! I have been gone from the Reaper ship for quite a while, but I am back now as things look seriously promising in Reaper land, and for a big part because of contributors like yourself, who make things for us composers so much easier!

So first of all, thank you so much for all your hard work, I really truly appreciate it.

I have a question, at the risk of sounding ungrateful, which is totally not what I mean. Or maybe it just sounds plain stupid. Anyway, here goes:

Would it be at all possible to try and look into these scripts (or at least some of them, like compress and warp) and see if they could be implemented for track automation in the arrangement view? (you know, like volume, and pan).

That question popped into my mind seeing as there is now much greater parity between CC's and automation. Or perhaps not. I am not an expert on the technical side of these things (hence the stupid comment). Would this be possible? Or would it be completely impossible?

I can see these scripts being truly useful in the automation department as well, so hence my question.

Again, thank you so much for your time and effort! I will be sure to donate to you shortly. Some of you scripters truly deserve it for everything you give to this community!
JoostJanssensDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #478
tack

When "js_Insert CC or pitch at mouse position, leaving other selected.lua" probably needs a minor tweak for 6.0.

When it inserts a CC, the CC shape seems to be fixed to square, even though the default shape for the CC lane is linear. It should insert the CC according to whatever the default shape is.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #479
euphor

Quote:
Please check out the instructions in the script files, which can be read with the ReaPack browser's "About" function, or by opening the script file in any text editor, including REAPER's built-in IDE.

If anything in the instructions is unclear, please let me know so that I can improve it!

NOTE: I recommend using keyboard shortcuts rather than toolbar buttons for a fast, smooth workflow.
Thanks alot Julian. Was looking for that script: "js_Mouse editing - Run the script that is armed in toolbar"

Now its clear!
euphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:57 PM   #480
zaibuyidao

Hi, juliansader. I have been using your script, thank you. I would like to ask about your MIDI editing script:

Script: js_Mouse editing-Draw ramp.lua and Script: js_Mouse editing-Draw LFO.lua

These two scripts draw linear shapes by default. Is it possible to change the line shape, or recognize the line shape set by the MIDI editor by default: SQUARE

I found that the data drawn by the above two scripts would be wrong with other scripts. Such as:

Script: js_Mouse editing-2-sided Warp.lua or Script: js_Move all selected events in active take together with mouse.lua

Last edited by zaibuyidao; 01-29-2020 at 11:30 PM.
zaibuyidao is offline   Reply With Quote